I see a lot of posts recommending 3M 5200. When I read the package it mentions wood and fiberglass, not metal. Package for 4200 mentions metal but I do see a lot of posts regarding using 5200 for rivets, etc. Any problems using it on Aluminum?
Yes. I've been trying to locate a leak and I thought I might try it in a couple of spots where it looks like there is even the smallest gap like along the edge of keel, etc.
Yacht Dr. I know you are right. I have investigated just about everything else for source of small amount of water. My thought was if I temporarily sealed a couple of question areas and the water stopped, then I would know that was the source and do proper fix. I'm hoping to not dismantle entire boat just yet. Although I know I may have to at some point.