2020 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It was started before the bowl schedule got shredded a few weeks back.

aspeck

Staff member
Sorry, it has been a difficult few weeks, and especially the last couple and I have not been around here very much. A very close friend and a man to whom I admired greatly, a second father to me, passed away from COVID on Saturday. I have been a bit preoccupied with his family and all that this has entailed. Please forgive the delay and get your picks in quickly! I started a thread for Bowl Mania ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
No apologies needed, Art. I wasn't sure there was going to be more than a couple bowls being played. One of us could of kicked off the thread. So it's our bad ...
Life happens first, this other stuff is immaterial.....

GA_Boater

Sorry, it has been a difficult few weeks, and especially the last couple and I have not been around here very much. A very close friend and a man to whom I admired greatly, a second father to me, passed away from COVID on Saturday. I have been a bit preoccupied with his family and all that this has entailed. Please forgive the delay and get your picks in quickly! I started a thread for Bowl Mania ...
I won't forgive you, Art. Nothing to be sorry for. Forgiveness is not needed, a game is a far lower priority than a life. I am sorry for your loss.

It's too late to pick for the first bowl. It is not too late to pick the rest before they disappear. 🤦‍♂️

Your link;

I started a thread too. We take care of each other;

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I signed up yesterday and made my guesses, I mean picks, right away...

WIMUSKY

Staff member

GA_Boater

JJ is saying some of his teammates are enjoying the money, but not earning the paychecks. My impression anyway.

aspeck

Staff member
True dat. JJ gets it.....

JJ in particular and the Watt family in general get it. They are all hardworking, emotional, team players. Oh for the Steelers to trade for JJ and have JJ, TJ, and Derek on the same team ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Seems like the Watts are good people on and off the field. Especially JJ.....

Last edited:

GA_Boater

JJ in particular and the Watt family in general get it. They are all hardworking, emotional, team players. Oh for the Steelers to trade for JJ and have JJ, TJ, and Derek on the same team ...
Why is Derek John Watt not known as DJ Watt?

Don't Call him D.J.: J.J., T.J., Derek? While Watt's middle name is John, do not call him by his initials. "I shot that down when I was about six. I told my mom, 'I just want to be Derek.' I got the whole D.J. from Full House. I got the whole D.W. from Arthur. So I just wanted to go by Derek because it was a lot easier." He said his college coaches tried to bring the nickname back and would say it to get under his skin, but fortunately, it didn't last.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
They'll be dropping like flies. Why take a chance with a minor bowl and no fans...

GA_Boater

The canceled bowls should be lumped into the Toilet Bowl category.

I'm improving! New ranking is 52,707.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
This is not going well .. Trask not having a good game at all and what's left of the receivers are dropping passes .. Not having a running game isn't helping much either..

aspeck

Staff member
Sam, your team is killing me here! I expected Trask to make a mockery of the OU db’s. Guess I was wrong! Every NFL scout is watching ...

GA_Boater

With the sound down low while I diddle around, every time I look at the screen it's OU Touchdown. :(

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Very disappointing way to end the season .. OU came ready to play ..
UF just didn’t .. Need new def coordinator...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
"The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" within seconds.....