2010 Starcraft owners Get Together

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Alright here it is. The idea has been floated a couple times that we should try to have a weekend get together for all us Starcraft owners. We've all gotten very involved in each other's projects and I'm sure would love to see them in person. Plus it would be an awesome sight to see all our boats in the same place. We're pretty spread out but we are, for the most part, located on the east coast. It will take some planning but perhaps with a years notice we can make this happen.

The purpose of this thread is to solicit possible dates, locations, and activities for the get together. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

UPDATE:
Lake Anna, VA over the weekend of June 26th 2010 is the official time and place. North Beach has worked out some accommodation options here: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=346780

Current list of definite attendees:

Ezmobee
Rickairmedic
Andy in NY
North Beach
wrfalpacas
coolbikeguy
bananaboater
JimC
APPALOOSA2
wvmedic
fshngho
Kainon
SCHRECK
CheapboatKev
prestigegunleather
Captmills
timfives
mattrogers5
Huron Angler
16'Starcraft_StoneyCreek
PaulyV

If you are definitely planning on attending (obviously we know things can come up at the last minute) please post to this thread and I will add you to the list.

Last edited:

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: 2010 Starcraft owners Get Together

EZ I am all for the get together . I own my own company so dates are not a big del to me just have to have someone babysit the shop for a couple days . There are others though who may need to preplan vacation time for such a trip.

I will ask this of the whole crew I have pondered the idea of including other Tinny's in our outing such as the Blue fin owners ( I know they are not Starcrafts on the inside but the Hulls I would bet are made by starcraft ). Then theres guys Like Mark ( 69 Starcraft ) who have some kewl old Tin . I figure if its an aluminum boat why not let them join in on the fun :D.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

I am all for it... ive floated the idea past my wife and shes for it , although i dont know if i could take 12-16 hours in the car with my kids!

anyways, im gonna throw 2 locations out there...

1) chateaugay lake, chateaugay ny.

just kidding.

1) virginia beach, about 12 hours for me, 15 or so for kev (we are the most extreme distances)

2) myrtle beach, anout 12 for kev, 16 for me.

im not sure what everyone elses ideas are, but i was thinking that a weekend camping would be cool, and do a raft up or whatever too.

we would probably go for an entire week.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It would definitely be a long weekend for me. I don't have a lot of vacation and we have to have our week in OC,MD every year. A camping weekend would be ideal.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Andy thats what Grndprents are for :D . They keep the kids for the weekend so its a Mom and Pop getway :D. Duct tape is usefull should the grandparents decline :eek:.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

Ok EZ and I had a discussion and we agree it should be a Starcraft weekend ( if your hull ws made by starcraft ) . Then you would be invited to the weekend . This should include the Bluefins although their interiors are deffinately made by Bluefin I would bet the Hulls are made by Starcraft .

Rick

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

How about Puget Sound? I know you all would like to see my 22 Holiday in person. Lets see should I tow the boat there or come by water LOL. Sounds like fun but a bit to far. I live in Mt Vernon Washington Gate way to the San Juan Islands. 1500 miles or so to there. Ed

Rickairmedic

Commander

Heres an option that I think? would be central to everybody ( on the east coast ) . I have never been to this lake but know quite a few peaple who used to go down at least one weekend a month it is a state park with a HUGE lake and camping ficilities . This lake is roughly 2-3 hours from me and I could most likely go down and check it out for everybody.

http://parks.ky.gov/findparks/recparks/nl/

I will throw out there for members who might be to far away ( like I dont know on the west coats ) :D. They could possibly fly in and ride along with members who bring their boats . I would have at least 2 open seats on my 16'er.

Rick

61 Holiday

Petty Officer 2nd Class

...sounds like it could be a lot of fun. If I can get away on whatever the dates end up being, I will surely be there. It would be really cool to get all of these great old machines in one spot. I'm not sure where the saying comes from but it's been said, loosely translated, "... when a man creates something, a part of his sole remains with it forever..." It's no secret that everyone here shares a passion for Starcrafts and it should make for some easy and interesting conversations. As far as where to have this "gathering", I am pretty flexible to a point. I'll float it by the helper and I'm sure she'll like it.
John

Andy in NY

Commander

Heres an option that I think? would be central to everybody ( on the east coast ) . I have never been to this lake but know quite a few peaple who used to go down at least one weekend a month it is a state park with a HUGE lake and camping ficilities . This lake is roughly 2-3 hours from me and I could most likely go down and check it out for everybody.

http://parks.ky.gov/findparks/recparks/nl/

I will throw out there for members who might be to far away ( like I dont know on the west coats ) :D. They could possibly fly in and ride along with members who bring their boats . I would have at least 2 open seats on my 16'er.

Rick

that was actually something i contemplated... flying but i would want to show off my boat! im just not keen on the long drive...

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Andy I have gotten so good at 13-17 hour drives recently I can almost do them Blindfolded :D. My only thoughts are must be fresh water and if we want to camp I would imagine Tents as I dont see any of us towing a camper aaaaand a boat unless of course you have a Motor home . I will add though if we do it here or in Virginia then May- June would be better for Camping although this year has been way off normal we are usually in the high 80's to mid 90's in July and August down here . Granted it would be like spring or fall to Kev :D.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

LOL Andy I have gotten so good at 13-17 hour drives recently I can almost do them Blindfolded :D. My only thoughts are must be fresh water and if we want to camp I would imagine Tents as I dont see any of us towing a camper aaaaand a boat unless of course you have a Motor home . I will add though if we do it here or in Virginia then May- June would be better for Camping although this year has been way off normal we are usually in the high 80's to mid 90's in July and August down here . Granted it would be like spring or fall to Kev :D.

Rick

right, good points. i think that if its on the beach, my wife and family is in. if not, then its going to be a hard sell getting my wife to let me go. but one way or the other i'll be there...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Anybody know anything about Smith Mountain Lake? Looks huge and pretty central location.

Rickairmedic

Commander

EZ I dont know anything about it but I can google it :D. I am not picky as long as theres camping facilities nearby .

Rick

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

I think my wife and I would be in :D I would definately like to bring my starcraft along, and the mid east (Tenn, Ky, Va) all sound like good locations I would put a freshwater vote in though. Great Idea!!!!

Andy in NY

Commander

i like the freshwater camping idea too... but it will kind of put a wrench on our family summer vacation plans but i think i can work with it...

Rickairmedic

Commander

Ok folks lets get to plannin we are a year out ( estimated ) we need to get ideas on location ,facilities everybody would prefer ( camping ,motel/hotel, cabin Etc. ) I havent camped in a looooooong time but would be up for it as it would of course be cheaper than getting a motel/hotel room for the weekend . I personally am quite excited about getting all of our boats together and meeting all the people who have helped each other make Tin cans ( and Glass boats ) actully float and look good :D. I am going to PM Bob_VT and see if he can sticky this for us so its easier for us to find as well as new members who may be interested in getting together . Lets get going and plan this out :D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

North Beach just PMd me. He thinks Lake Anna, VA would be good and knows of a fairly cheap motel with dock slips. I'm sure he'll chime in with more info. I'm off to google Lake Anna.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Good deal EZ see if you can get us a link to whatever you find . I am not picky on location just want other members who are further out happy with it :D. I am pretty much central to most members so I am fairly close to anything central :D. My only concerne is that other members can afford to drive the distance and still be able to put gas in their boats and afford lodging :D.

Rick