2000 Starcraft Starfire 1900 refurbish

maryhannaj

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 2000 Starcraft Starfire 1900 refurbish

Looks real good there! Too bad we're still frozen.

budski

Lieutenant Commander

IMG_7282.jpgIMG_7295.jpgIMG_7295.jpgIMG_7294.jpgIMG_7300.jpg Fabricated rod cup holders for bow

Attachments

• IMG_7302.jpg
    IMG_7302.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 4

sprintst

Commander

That's showroom work dude. Somebody is going to try buy it before you float it.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Now your just showing off :)

Additions at the bow look good, nice work!

dozerII

Admiral

Great Job John, I'm always looking for a place for the net, good idea. With 3 months of winter left, your going to run out off accessory ideas to put on her.

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Sprint, Thanks Jb Glen. and yes JB I guess we all like to show off at times, I'm just trying to make the boat more functional for the person using the bow instead of looking for a place to set their rod or cup and yes it is a good place to keep the net. nothing worse than tackle laying around.

luv2fish62

Seaman Apprentice

Bud I just read your entire post and all I can say is WOW! You have done some great work and are super fast. What you do in a day takes me weeks. Mostly spent looking at it trying to figure the best way of doing it. You are truly a gifted craftsman.

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks luv2fish I've gotten a lot of ideas from this site, and also learned a lot.

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks luv2fish I've gotten a lot of ideas from this site, and also learned a lot.

So John when are your heading out this way? I'm picking up some Jackson 8585 glue tomorrow for my carpet. Only thing is I have never worked with carpet before, a lesson from a pro would really help.

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Glen I figure about 600 plus miles should take me about 12 hours see tomorrow LOL I don't think you should have a problem with installing your carpet I usually cut out the sections I'm going to cover first leaving a little excess apply the glue as directed on both surfaces let it sit for a couple of mins again as directed might take a little longer depending on the temp, then apply the carpet to the surface the glue is pretty unforgiving but you can pull it off to reposition it if you have to, remember it is pretty toxic so you should use it in a well ventilated area and wear a mask, you can cut off the excess after the carpet in in position, hope this helps actually it's not that difficult, also I always try to get the grain of the carpet running the same way otherwise they will look different shades, good luck.

dozerII

Admiral

Hey Glen I figure about 600 plus miles should take me about 12 hours see tomorrow LOL I don't think you should have a problem with installing your carpet I usually cut out the sections I'm going to cover first leaving a little excess apply the glue as directed on both surfaces let it sit for a couple of mins again as directed might take a little longer depending on the temp, then apply the carpet to the surface the glue is pretty unforgiving but you can pull it off to reposition it if you have to, remember it is pretty toxic so you should use it in a well ventilated area and wear a mask, you can cut off the excess after the carpet in in position, hope this helps actually it's not that difficult, also I always try to get the grain of the carpet running the same way otherwise they will look different shades, good luck.

Thanks for the advice John, should help considerably. Hope I can make it look as good as yours.

san dimas

Petty Officer 1st Class

That is a beautiful job! I'm jealous! I have 1997 Monark Pro 1700 that appears to be the same boat only 2' shorter. I have a question for you. I have some corrosion issues on the port side chine and I need to get to the inside where the bottom of the boat meets the side of the boat where all the rivets are. How hard is it to remove the carpet and anything else so that I can see that rivet area? My damage is between the dash board and the step that has the batterys under it on the port side chine. It's bad enough to where the boat leaks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks San, yes you do have some issues, I would definately remove the carpet and floors completely and inspect the total hull, it's not that hard but it is labor intensive, you'll probably have solid foam that you'll have to remove also and I'm sure that it will be soaked anyway, there are a few ways to repair the damage but I personally have not had to do these types of repairs myself, bluefins repair is a good source of information, I would start there, good luck

budski

Lieutenant Commander

New decals 125 merc IMG_7365.jpg

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Jason, Glen, I thought so to, had them done in green to match the boat instead of merc red.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Awesome build! Great layout!

Cowl looks way cool!

Make me want to fish...