1999 Crestliner Sportfish 2050

fishrdan

Admiral
Half of my B rated bases are bent.

I am considering getting some starboard to protect the bottom of the livewell lid from rambunctious walleye splashing it. Wrap carpet around sealed 1/2" ply and then attach the 1/4" starboard to the bottom.

YIKES, bent bases, that's not good... None of the bases in my boat were bent, I didn't have enough of the same style and replaced all of them with new.

Food for thought... My livewell lid is lined with closed cell foam, used a blue Walmart exercise pad. The foam seals to the top of the livewell lip and keeps water from splashing out, it was a pain closing the livewell and latching it until the foam crushed and mated to the livewell. Have to step on the lid right next to the latch, but it's sealed tight. (I live in the desert and have the entire livewell's exterior lined with foam and batting. Fill with ice - then fish :D )

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The pedestals I got are the Wise adjustable and for the helm side I have the slide so I can move the seat fore and aft.

The nav side is this one... http://www.iboats.com/Adjustable-Hei...view_id.375737

Helm is the same with the addition of the slide..
t.png
t.png
http://www.iboats.com/Wise-Adjustabl...view_id.375738

Tuna MT

Seaman Apprentice
Still not much done... hopefully this weekend.

I did go ahead and order the exact same pedestals in your link, Watermann.

Thanks for the link.

Fishrdan, I really like the foam lining idea for the livewells.

I also called Crestliner to ask if I can by the screws they use on their floors, she gave me a part number (2008798) and told me I would need to order them through a dealer. Small but satisfying victory.

Tuna MT

Seaman Apprentice
Watermann,

I read your rivet thread and was curious if you would recommend a good place to buy some 3/16 x 1 LF aluminum blind rivets.

I found some on Am**** and they are cheap but I would rather buy quality, unless it doesn't much matter with rivets.
They will be used to attach my hatch doors to hinges.

Thanks,

Tuna