1989 Cheetah 210es restore - not looking forward to this

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1989 Cheetah 210es restore - not looking forward to this

wow thanks for that link to woodcraft, once i looked up where it was my neighbor has told me about that place when i mentioned getting tenon cutters to try some other projects once the boats finished so guess im going to check it out if anything ill just make an entirely new locker lid

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And once again a long overdue update with a lot of work done, been busy at the shop and took a much needed vacation to gatlinburg for a few days, but I have been getting as much done as possible on the boat so here are all the updated pictures.

760726d2.jpg

088472ce.jpg

ac1d6b72.jpg

61078d60.jpg

and inside the drive yuk!!!
2cd688fe.jpg

and my celebeertion for getting the second layer of 1.5csm down thanks to my wife

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

and then it was on to painting the bildge so my wife knocked out 4 coats and it made it look 100x better

a5a9ee57.jpg

78f92462.jpg

this is how ready i am to be done i had to set the seat up there and sit down for a bit and enjoy a nice cold beer

And we ordered nautolex from defender last night so hopefully that will be this coming weekends project and the next update then its onto the cap.

Cheetah 210es

Petty Officer 1st Class

Omg. How did I miss this thread? Got some serious reading to do. Love the resto, swim platform's a sod to split isn't it? Gatlinburg is a beautiful place too, got myself married there on top of a mountain. :D

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

whoa finally another 210es and yes i thought i was going to break the swim platform into pieces when we split it but I just kept working my way around that glob until it finally broke free, what is that crap anyways? And we try to go to gatlinburg and rent a chalet once a year just to get away real nice place.

Cheetah 210es

Petty Officer 1st Class

No idea what it is but it didn't go back with it. Evil stuff. Going to enjoy reading your thread. Don't see many 210's.

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yea i debated on grinding it all off but decided to leave it for more support on the platform, since you've had your cap off what rot did you have to take care of?

Also if you dont mind can you get a picture of your rear hatch hinges by any chance or a link to what they used? mine were missing as the boat was somewhat apart when i purchased it and i cant figure out which type to use

Struc

Chief Petty Officer

Whoah, whoah... wait a minute. What the heck is all that crap inside the drive? Picture is kinda blurry, but what the heck?

evolution1985

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey mate, I haven't followed this thread for quite awhile. You are really moving along well.
The quality of your work is great, This boat should last you for years to come.

Just a couple of questions, what did you use to stop the hull from distorting when putting in the floor so the cap will line up right?
Im sure you have got it covered as your work is great, but just curious.

Also are you planning on painting the hull and cap? or do you think it will clean up nice with a polish?

anyways great work mate and awesome to see how far you have come to date

parrisw

Ensign

Nice boat and nice work.

Cheetah 210es

Petty Officer 1st Class

The hull we did was a friend of a neighbour. Mine was done by a marina in 2005. Rear hatch?

Last edited:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Absolutely textbook job on that deck. You'll love the nautolex. It's really tough. I love mine.

maagee79

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice I like the work

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Struc - that is leaves and paper towels all shredded up in the drive, i guess some mice made it a home a while back
Evolution - i places blocks under certain points of the hull before the cap was pulled to keep it from spreading out, and it will be getting vc performance epoxy on the bottom unless i can sand and buff out the terrible stains and the rest of it will be getting a nice paint job going with white and where the red is now will be dark gray to match my truck
Cheetah210es - thats a good story luckily my wifes loved all of this boat project until the tornado came through the other day and got hail damage on her car and my truck because she cant get her car in the garage due to it being in there, she even took the 3 hour each way trip to pick it up and helped me start tearing it apart the next day.

And to everyone else thanks for looking on and keeping me going on this project, the nautolex should be here tomorrow so i will be going on that soon and i also forgot to mention i picked up the trailer paint the other day and we are going with massey ferguson gray

evolution1985

Petty Officer 1st Class

Struc - that is leaves and paper towels all shredded up in the drive, i guess some mice made it a home a while back
Evolution - i places blocks under certain points of the hull before the cap was pulled to keep it from spreading out, and it will be getting vc performance epoxy on the bottom unless i can sand and buff out the terrible stains and the rest of it will be getting a nice paint job going with white and where the red is now will be dark gray to match my truck
Cheetah210es - thats a good story luckily my wifes loved all of this boat project until the tornado came through the other day and got hail damage on her car and my truck because she cant get her car in the garage due to it being in there, she even took the 3 hour each way trip to pick it up and helped me start tearing it apart the next day.

And to everyone else thanks for looking on and keeping me going on this project, the nautolex should be here tomorrow so i will be going on that soon and i also forgot to mention i picked up the trailer paint the other day and we are going with massey ferguson gray

Thats cool mate, I think the colour scheme that you have selected will look great! Im itching to see photo updates. Thats a bugger about your cars, Hopefully all works out well on that side.

Keep it up mate, it'll rock when your done. :D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Glad to hear you and yours are OK after the terrible storms...

Sorry bout the hail damage, that sux! Oh well, if the car's covered by full coverage, the insurance company is obligated to fix it or possibly even replace it...I hope that is the case...

Progress is looking real good...keep up the great work.

Best of Luck,
GT1M

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Hail sucks. We had to get a whole new roof on our house last year and $4k worth of damage to a vehicle we'd just bought two weeks prior. :mad:

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yea luckily the two cars we care about have full coverage her car has $1700 worth of damage and ill find out friday about my truck but ive got double the dings, and my gas saver i just dont care about hell i got bored and spray painted it camo one weekend and love driving that pos more than anything for some reason i guess cause i only have $450 into the entire car so can can beat on it and just not care

River_Lizard

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great job on the boat so far. Enjoyed reading and seeing the photos. Looks like you're about halfway there, look forward to updates this Spring. Good luck.