1987 Starcraft islander 190v?

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
If you are taking bow out of the front cover, make sure the windows won't be impacted. I found my windows were designed for a curve, so going flat wouldn't have worked with the original windows.

SHSU

87Starcraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Mine are designed with a curve.. what I’m thinking is redesigning the cud to and moving the controls forward into the cuddy. Just a thought as of now.

87Starcraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I’m thinking about this 20” shaft vmax that popped up nearby. My current setup is a 25” shaft. Can I put a cnc bracket on with a 20” shaft? Would that put the power head to close to the water?

mattsteg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I’m thinking about this 20” shaft vmax that popped up nearby. My current setup is a 25” shaft. Can I put a cnc bracket on with a 20” shaft? Would that put the power head to close to the water?
How much clearance do you have currently? I think Watermann's Islander had been hacked to take a 20 - not in a manner I'd recommend but presumably it worked? I'd probably try to hunt down a 25 though.

87Starcraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Someone told me it did not matter which way rotation of motor was if there was only one motor installed. Is this correct? I’m looking at a left handed rotation motor off a dual outboard setup really good price and taken care of professionally.

mattsteg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Someone told me it did not matter which way rotation of motor was if there was only one motor installed. Is this correct? I’m looking at a left handed rotation motor off a dual outboard setup really good price and taken care of professionally.
Other than being slightly more difficult to source props for "wrong" rotating engines I don't see where there would be any difference in a single-engine config.