1986 Brougham Bridger Yukon Delta Fishing boat renovation

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Changed the carb to one with electric choke, it ran much better. Hit 4K when the power steering belt started to do a little squealing. Backed it down to 3500 and the squealing went away. Will be tightening the belts again before next trip out. According to gps, we were doing 27.6 knots at 3500rpm. Comes out to about 32mph.

Yeager-1

Yeager-2

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks. Not too bad for a first project with a new sewing machine.

Did well enough with it that my GF's boss wants me to do his entire 28' boat.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Finished the swim deck Sunday morning, just in time to take it and try it out. Went to Caryle to chill and swim a bit.

The swim deck is about 3" off of the waterline. Worked pretty damn well. Still need to paint the ends brown to match and add a couple more bolts.

CatBoat_032.jpg

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
This stuff called Armorguard by Fiberon. Picked it up at Home Depot. It's a composite deck material. Seemed a bit heavy when I was done putting it together, but looks good on the back of the boat. 25 year warranty against fading.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Caught a few small ones, nothing to brag about. My GF caught a couple flatties around 2 pounds with worms. Had a fish break 20# test on her favorite metal pole. Never got it to the surface but it had the 2' metal pole bent over good. I'm thinking it could have been a pretty nice fish. Did some running the boat on the river to see how it would do. Pretty happy with it. Can see spending some time out there doing some fishing. Here are some pics.

New box anchor from stuff on the metal rack.
CatBoat_040.jpg

CatBoat_041.jpg

CatBoat_042.jpg

Monster rod holders on a uni-strut rack.
CatBoat_043.jpg

Cup holders that had to be a bit different.
CatBoat_044.jpg

CatBoat_047.jpg

The end of the first day/trip on the Mississippi River.
CatBoat_045.jpg

briangcc

Commander
I'm just gonna toss this out there as it sticks out....awesome boat but um...well....that trailer....

How about giving it some lovin?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I'm just gonna toss this out there as it sticks out....awesome boat but um...well....that trailer....

How about giving it some lovin?
Geez...nice time out there looks like. You did a great job Sir! Glad your efforts are showing the results.
What trailer?

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
@briangcc
@kcassells

Yep, that trailer sucks. I have made it fit the sea camper hull and it does work for short hauls. However, it has been through unknown number of floods and hacked and welded on in many places. Since the 'rona, steel prices have almost tripled.

As of last week, I now have enough steel to start building the new trailer along with new wider axles. Once the trailer is built with a side ladder, I'll order new LED tail lights and under frame lights for loading in the dark.

CatBoatLadder.jpg

CatBoatLighting.jpg
The trailer build will be started hopefully this weekend. Wanted to get the boat out and enjoy it a few weekends before it gets cold.

The boat cover material comes in either today or tomorrow for the new cover and bag to put it in when its not on the boat.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
@kcassells

That trailer isn't mine. Just what I'm looking for in the underwater led lighting for under the trailer. Most of the docks we use, have at the most, one light. And it's not very bright.

briangcc

Commander
Having retrieved my boat at dusk a few times now, I have to say some underglow lighting on the trailer would be very handy. Wiring might be interesting as I doubt that should be live when running on the streets.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
@briangcc
Might have to add a toggle switch at the hand crank for those lights.

Unless they flicker to the beat of music, then you'd be ok...lol

briangcc

Commander
Was thinking a bilge pump float switch mounted to a frame rail actually. Already waterproof and rated for submersion. Probably a quick disconnect in there so they don't go on/off as I go down the road.