1986 Brougham Bridger Yukon Delta Fishing boat renovation

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Found this peculiar critter in the brush at an old marina. It's an ugly that grows on you. I've been trying to find out more about this boat but haven't been too successful at it. All I know is it's an XT with a data plate on it from Brougham Bridger, Elkhart, Indiana, and it was made by Yukon Delta Houseboats. One guy familiar with the Yukons, told me that in 18 years of messing with them, he's never seen another one like this one. After looking at this boat and talking with the PO for two months or so, he has finally decided to pass on ownership to me. Unfortunately, he knows nothing about it.

It was quite the fiasco to get it out from under the covered storage it was in. The right two wheels were frozen which made it a bit difficult to pull out of the holes the wheels were in. As we pulled it onto the gravel roadway, one of the two wheels broke loose. The ground was slick river bottom mud that made it hard to steer in. Eventually got it out and up to an inclined area to help drain the water out of it.

After going over the boat, it will need all the wood replaced in it. Be it stringers, transom, motor mounts, or just bracing for other stuff to mount to. The hull will need to be split from the top to access everything under the floor, which is fiberglass. Currently it has two 18 gallon tanks, one on each side of the engine. Since it has v-bottom in the back, I'll be looking to put a bit larger tank in it under the floor.

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• photo284135.jpg
    photo284135.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 26
  • photo284348.jpg
    photo284348.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
This is the cabin area.
image_284836.jpg

Helm area.
IMG_1022_0.JPG?itok=lIiDx0JA.jpg

Had an OMC leg in it. Will be getting a Mercruiser driveline when completed.

IMG_1014.JPG?itok=W74r3S_8.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
This is the area directly under the long seats on either side of the boat. Plenty of room to run the controls and the necessary wiring.

IMG_1019.JPG?itok=zjPRoFSw.jpg

Looking from the stern to the bow.
web_IMG_1169.jpg?itok=X-BuG4Bj.jpg

eggs712

Petty Officer 1st Class
Unique boat there. I think it's looks pretty neat, not ugly at all! (Underneath the dirt I mean, lol)

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks for the replies. It's 24 feet long and 8 feet wide. It'll probably take a gallon of soap to get it somewhat clean, lol.

Last edited:

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
I did find out today that it has a Sea Camper hull. When looking at the sea camper pics, it is dead on.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Learned some more about the boat yesterday afternoon. Talked to an old timer that owns an older marina in Saugatuck, Mi. He not only remembered the boat when it was new, but also launched it several times for the owner. And he remembered the owner's name. Unfortunately, the owner passed in 1997. I know there are several jokes out there that will no doubt surface, but the owner was no other than Bill "Bozo" Bell. Yeppers, "Bozo the Clown" owned my boat when it was new. The marina owner said he thought there was a couple more of this style of boat in the surrounding area back then.

Davetowz

Petty Officer 1st Class
Going to be following. That is an interesting unique boat!

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Getting closer to coming home. Lifted the boat off of the trailer for a little rejuvenation. Fixed 4 cracks, freed and lubed the keel rollers, fixed the winch, and rewired with led lights. Should have it to it's new home by tomorrow.

Attachments

• photo292476.jpg
    photo292476.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 18
  • photo292477.jpg
    photo292477.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 17
  • photo292478.jpg
    photo292478.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 19

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yup cool boat. Tell me more about there gantry! That's pretty neat too.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's definitely built for bigger boats than mine. Does get the job done, a bit slow though. Chain hoists at both ends.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Did you build it? If so would like a lumber/install description. Thanks.
Happy the Clown ...jesus I remember him. :lol:
Good to see you getting on with it.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
No, didn't build it. It is, however, built with heavy duty steel beams. When I get over there to load the boat on the trailer, I'll measure what beams I can.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Didn't get time to measure the beams, they did look like they were around 10' i-beams.

The project is now at its new home.

Attachments

• photo292584.jpg
    photo292584.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 14