Admiral
Re: 1983 26' Starcraft Sportfisherman 261V Rebuild

MMMMMMM fiberglass compost :D

Gibbles

Commander

will that grow itchy flowers?
cactus garden maybe?!

or you could plant it nose first into the ground, and get another one and plant them on either side of the entrance road to your property! :D

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

First time in here!!! Been MIA Nice score and Woo HOO!!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

First time in here!!! Been MIA Nice score and Woo HOO!!!
Carp, who let MD back in the boat shed? :eek:

Hide the valuables...........

Fiberglass mulch? Not on my tomato's you don't :sick: yuck

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

OK guys, that's it, it's been long enough, I feel I have done my due diligence to be nice to the nasty glasser, gave her a fair shot, let her hang around the place for a really long time, she seems to be getting way to comfortable, so that's it, done with that, time to pull the rest of the good stuff out....

....then she'll have a date with a big yellow CAT.

Steering wheel?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey mag, welcome to the thread, great to see ya again!

baja, pm yur way;)

OK, just about 80% of the good stuff is out of the Sea Ray. It's is fighting me with pretty much every piece but in the end it'll really just need to see things my way:thumb:

All the while I assumed this boat was rotted out, I just hadn't seen the evidence while pulling the engine. Well, that didn't take but 4 seconds to see the damage when I started to wrestle out the fuel tank. Yup, she is a big mess, mulch city. The tank was actually sitting in a lake provided by the bulkheads:facepalm:

Anyhow, here's the nice 44 gallon tank I pulled out...
P1110514.jpg

Filthy dirty but no corrosion. And my truck will run on boat fuel again this week, sweet:becky: There was about 35 gallons in there, nice! (no wonder it was so stinken hard to lift out:rolleyes:)

Another day or so and she'll be ready for the final haul.

Cheers guys!

InMotion

Commander

Man... you've got a serious collection of gas tanks now!!! :) So you'll have a what 150 gal tank in the 26'??? Perhaps this one's for the kicker??? :)

Glad to here that there has been some serious glass demo work going on...

J.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Man... you've got a serious collection of gas tanks now!!! :)

I haven't even shown you guys the sweet, brand new, 55 gallon Moller poly tank I scored:rolleyes: (that now needs to be sold actually)

I'm pretty sure that 44 gallon I yanked out of the Sea Ray will end up as a fish box actually, more on that way down the road, we'll see:thumb:

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

55 gal tank........did you happen to get that from an auction??? I seen one on auction and was going to bid on it but didn't get back in from hunting till too late to bid. Doooh and it went cheap too.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

55 gal tank........did you happen to get that from an auction??? I seen one on auction and was going to bid on it but didn't get back in from hunting till too late to bid. Doooh and it went cheap too.

eBay, pm yur way man

barato2

Commander

wow. i'm gone for a while and you go and buy a dang battleship. or were you going to add a flight deck to make it a carrier? nice! and lots of pix....you must be as scared of that Jas guy as i am.

and i love the protestations about how you're "not" going to be working on it yet. the 22' will be forgotten in a month.

you may find the 100 gal tank to be a blessing and a curse....not just lots of $ to fill, but lots of Stabil to buy in the fall. you may want to drain tank every fall as part of winterizing.

guys, any bets on whether he splashes this one before the kids are off to college? :D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

and i love the protestations about how you're "not" going to be working on it yet. the 22' will be forgotten in a month.

Hey Bruce, welcome back to Starcraftland!

No way man, the Islander will be full on over this winter and ready for action this spring, period! This 261 will get gutted, stripped down, maybe trailer rehab, that sort of thing. But, for the rebuild on it to start, I need a pole barn, for sure.:encouragement:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

OK guys, compression. So I grabbed a tester fro O'Rileys rent a tool program deal the other day. For the life of me I couldn't get that thing to thread correctly into the spark plug holes! I tried everything. I though that either I am straight up dum or I have an engine that was all helicoiled up or something stupid like that! Anyhow, returned that one, grabbed a different version from AutoZone (I could tell it was a higher quality), butta, threaded up no sweat. Definitely a tester issue.

Results?

1 - 122
3 - 125
5 - 125
7 - 125
2 - 122
4 - 128
6 - 122
8 - 130

She's as healthy as a horse:becky:

1216bandit

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice find Jason!! A few years back before buying my 22' islander I looked at a 26 footer, (I had a 19' islander at that time) and was blown away by how big a boat that is. I figured its only 7' longer than what I had but man it was a LONGGGG 7' and really deep. I regret not buying it. Anyhow, enjoy the journey!

Dan

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I'm just doing my part to rid the world of nasty glassers....

ByeBye:joyous:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Aw - No crunchin'. Just pushin'. :D

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer

:eek::faint2::blue: Is that a cash for clunker sort of thing!!:laugh:

Onward and upward Jas looking forward to the rest of your builds!!!

budski

Lieutenant Commander

I'd bet there would be a lot of glasser's that would cry watching that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.