1982 MR 180

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
the new cap. Gamble worked as it fit just had to be upside down. I've removed the position letters. Only mod needed was a small drill into the body (the underside) so I could tap a screw in. The top clipped on the new style with a screw, mine was clip top and bottom. The one lost ont he trip home must have been missing one or both clippie things.

1683110124885.png

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
replaced the old white plastic one. Had to do a bit of extra cuts as the previous ones were set in wonky.

1683110293244.png

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
these work better than expected.

I don't usually need rod storage so I found these and they fit perfectly. They are a pouch so I have that space plus the space behind where the rods would go. Plan is life jackets in the rod space then her stuff in the pouches. The are easily removed so when it is just me and a heavy fishing day they come out. Only mod needed is some kayak type clips for mesh to add some support/closure on the long horizontal runs. They are ordered.

1683110519001.png

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
last for the day .

While underneath figuring out the white lithium issue I discovered the electricals at the helm do in fact have protection - there are some breakers up under there so may not install my new fuse panel. Or should I for a redundancy?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
last for the day .

While underneath figuring out the white lithium issue I discovered the electricals at the helm do in fact have protection - there are some breakers up under there so may not install my new fuse panel. Or should I for a redundancy?
if you have breakers, no need to add more.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Im going to have a male/female connection for the electric trolling motor on the bow. Any reason i can't use the same port to charge the battery?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Im going to have a male/female connection for the electric trolling motor on the bow. Any reason i can't use the same port to charge the battery?
no, will work just fine

if you were 24 volts, you could run a NATO slave receptacle

sn-2165.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Man a gas stove sure makes heat shrinking wires much faster than a lighter in windy conditions.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
That is the first time i have ever drilled thru the bottom of a boat. Two blind rivets in with plenty of 5200 oozing out. two more to look at that are covered in silicone but need to move the boat forward on the trailer a few inches.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Well i have purposely left the boat in the drive, uncovered for about a month to see what the condition of th floor is really in. Bought with one foot sized soft spot. That soft spot is actually about 6 x24 along the gunwale. My guess it was stored outside for a period of time tilted slightly back leaning to one side.

So, floor replacement moved up a couple years in the plans. Going to put down a slab of aluminum until then. Until then barn storage only...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
one of four fixed, found two more by leaving the plug in overnight during the rain.

1683909155685.png

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
added a switch. One will run to back of boat (BOB) for accessories like radio when I put it in

1683909312071.png