1981 Springbok 18' Restoration/Renovation

SlipperyOar

Seaman
Got the bow eye aluminum plate epoxied on with my limited hand abilities. Going to wait until I’ve got some help to put some solid rivets in but very happy with the Gflex to fill all voids and securely bond the plate to the keel.

Found my gloves from the rubble after my rushed morning to the hospital Friday to see a brief recap of my incident. Finger is healing nicely so far.

Was able to do some more tig welding on my inner transom plate by adding a 90° angled piece to allow me to rivet and mount a splashwell in the boat without adding additional holes into the wood. Gotta make two more angled pieces up the sides for the splashwell and some tabs where I can tie the stern sub deck frame into everything. Dont have a picture on the phone to add with it but will include once I finish it up.

REdington

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well well well, safe to say my progress for the next couple weeks will be limited as I had a negative encounter with a tablesaw this morning. Was working on cutting some 2x4’s to create a reach clamp as I needed them to hold some pieces on that normal clamps wouldn’t apply pressure in far areas for some measuring purposes.

Hoping to heal up quickly so I can get back to working!

Sorry to here about your mishap. On November 1st of 2018, I cut off about 3/4" of my left thumb on my tablesaw. It took forever to heal well enough to use it without pain. Hope yours heals faster than mine.

Your boat is coming along nicely.