1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

I was going to suggest rubber auto door edge trim stuff for the edge of the fish box hole,....

TundraRocks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

With the amount of PL you have been using you probably didn't need to waste time epoxy coating the wood. Looks like you have about 1/4" of PL over each piece of wood :p. You sure are moving quickly! The project is coming together nicely. Now get back to work;)

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

Looking great Jas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gitter done

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Thanks guys appreciated! Yah buckeye, I really like Gorilla Glue but it expands/foams out so much I can only use it in certain places. Below deck there, no sweat:)

K, this morning I spent a whole bunch of time with measuring sticks and straight edges carefully marking off the bow deck hatches. Then I slid the whole deck in place to see how things laid out. Like it!
P1080747.jpg

I mentioned before that I'm going to laminate a fat piece of ply under neath for a future bow seat if I ever want to go with one. I always stand when I fish but maybe I'll take to sitting as I get old and slow. Here are the measurements for future reference...
P1080746.jpg

Nice being able to keep a record of this kind of important stuff here on iboats, thanks!

I mentioned up there about those laminated pieces topside, how they looked ugly and didn't make sense. Ok, check it out: I needed join those two pieces together solid. But I also needed a 3/4" filler piece to hook up with a pair of factory installed angles in the hull. See here...
P1080748.jpg

When I install I'll laminate and ss screw em in place, solid!

Here's a topside view. You can see I formed them to the curvature of the gunwales to blend in some. I'll also have a nice combing pad covered in vinyl there so they'll be hardly noticeable.
P1080749.jpg

Have a great weekend guys:)

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

The bow seat or leaning post is just about a must have,...

It's nice to have the support behind you when a big stupido cruises by way to fast leaving a massive wake,...

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah that's Spanish has. Looks real good man nice work

sprintst

Commander

Nice work laying out the wood and getting it right the first time. Looks like cad drawings. Planning it out makes for some big time savings and less regrets later.

mark1961

Ensign

Not French, Spanish or Norge.......definitely has an Italiano ring to it imo.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

definitely has an Italiano ring to it imo.

Yah maybe. Kinda like "IDITO!"

All right, goal for the day is to get all those hatches cut out and run one more test fit.

Happy Father's Day Dads!:)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Looking great with some deck down. You have lots of structure under there so I'm sure you won't have any issues but just don't do what I did and have any unsupported areas of just 1 layer of ply anywhere around those hatches or it will crack for sure :(

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

All right, goal for the day is to get all those hatches cut out and run one more test fit.

Happy Father's Day Dads!:)

Same to you Jas, I'd say take the day off and enjoy but I know boat work is your taking it easy time. :)

Was going to say that in the spirit of the day you needed to get the kids out there running power tools, but in light of recent incidents I'm sure the Mrs. wouldn't agree. :p:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, EZ got my sarcasm there;) Yup buddy, as you were typing that up there I was building backer plates/hatch stoppers:)

Truck, day off? I wouldn't know what one looked like if it jumped up and bit me on the face:rolleyes:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

K, morning progress...

I got all the hatches cut out and eased all the edges with the sander. I got the notch cut for the fuel line too...
P1080753.jpg

(The black Sharpie marks are where I did a quick trace for the sub deck structure. That will come in handy when I laminate the hatch rings/stoppers)

Test fit, all good!
P1080752.jpg

I got a start on the hatch rings, I do hope to finish those up in the morning.

Later:)

Status
Not open for further replies.