1977 StarCraft 18' SS restore

laklvng7

Seaman Apprentice
WoooooW Decker!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is some amazing, awesome, beautiful work!!!! I hope I can get my SS to shine like that!!!

laklvng7

Seaman Apprentice
What did you use around the rivets to get them so sparkly????????????? I can't stop looking at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decker83

Commander
Decker - I can see my reflection from here. She has to be the shiniest tinny on iboats. Or any where. :thumb: You are going to be mad with the first dock smudge. :blue:
Thanks GA_Boater Don't know if she is the shiniest but I tried to make her shine.. I guess the first smudge will be the hardest, but at least I will know how she looked at splash time..:D

Super nice, what a shine! :thumb:
Thanks Watermann, Hope I can get the starboard side to do as good..

Wow! That is positively AMAZING, Decker! Congrats on setting the high bar. :thumb:
Took a lot of hours polishing.. I really appreciate all the kind words you all have given me..:clap2:

Decker83

Commander
that is amazing work decker! Im on board with everyone else here!
Thanks g0nef1sshn Would like to catch up with you.. Your doing great work too..

WoooooW Decker!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is some amazing, awesome, beautiful work!!!! I hope I can get my SS to shine like that!!!

Thanks laklvng7 You can make yours shine if you put in the work..

What did you use around the rivets to get them so sparkly????????????? I can't stop looking at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rivets or the easy part. Put the buffing wheel on them and they gladly shine up for you.. Thanks again.. When you do yours let me know and will
talk techniques..:D

laklvng7

Seaman Apprentice
Hey Decker. You can bet I will be in touch when my polishing starts...I want mine to look as awesome as yours. You have some mad polishing skills!!! You will surely have a head turner on your hands when you are out on the lake with that beauty, Looks like the next Splash of the Year to me!!!!!!!!!! I thought it would be hard to get such a shine around those rivets....not the 1st time I have been wrong...and sure it won't be the last...especially where this project is concerned!!! I look forward to technique talk with you! THANKS!!! Have a great day!!!!

Decker83

Commander
First I would like to thank all the veterans for there service.. Thanks to all that or serving today.. Praying for each one over seas a speedy and safe return home..

Decker83

Commander
Started on the starboard side today.. Sanded with 400 grit then 600, 800 then 1000 grit.. The 800 and 1000 grit was wet sanded..
Used the acid bath and then power wash and then the first polish with the Tripoli..
Here are a couple of pics..

100_3408.jpg

100_3410.jpg

Last edited:

Decker83

Commander
Covered the port side with plastic to help with the winter months..

100_3407.jpg

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral
Looking real good Decker, definatly will be the best polish any ones done to date

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah Decker she's going to look amazing on the water.

laklvng7

Seaman Apprentice
Looks awesome Decker!!! What are you going to do to bottom??? Are you going to shine it or paint it??? Have a great day!!!

Decker83

Commander
Looking real good Decker, definatly will be the best polish any ones done to date
Thanks dozerll
Not sure if the best, but it's close.. (LOL)

Yeah Decker she's going to look amazing on the water.
Thanks Watermann.. I just hope she's half as nice as your last doc pic..

Looks awesome Decker!!! What are you going to do to bottom??? Are you going to shine it or paint it??? Have a great day!!!

Thanks laklvng7, I am going to paint the bottom white..
You have a great week..

Decker83

Commander
Well ladies and gents, how would you like running into this fisherman..

IMG_1733.JPG

Last edited:

laklvng7

Seaman Apprentice
Hey Decker!!! Another question...Is there some advantageous to painting the bottom? I had thought about painting mine red...but I really like the sparkle of the tin.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
actually saw that once with a banded water snake in Florida eating a bass we caught it and put it on the dock and once it actually swallowed it you could see the shape of the fish inside it and shortly after it just dissolve to its normal snake shape it was crazy.