1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Looking great Glen. Sorry about that window.... need to kick Mr Murphey in the chestnuts. :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Screws and Murphy seem to be ganging up on you in the shop, Dozer. Ugh!

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer

sorry muph happened to show up, but from what i have seen you will move on and it won't be long and you will have the sweetest ride.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

I though we beat that chump Murphy out of SCville earlier this month? Guess not... I try to have the same reaction as to not give Murph the satisfaction of seeing me go off.

On the Red is on it's way to the water, awesome work Glen. Thanks for giving the rest of us tin monkeys some help with motivation, guidance and kind words.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Murphy001_zpsd8180555.jpg

:eek:

I was wondering where that S.O.B. was!

Are you able to get a replacement?

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Everything looks just great Glen that's a bummer on the windshield I did the same thing on a center window once, used plexi to replace it but there is supposed to be a guy in Swift Current that can make safety glass, at least that was what I was told when I wanted to replace the center windshield when I broke it.

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Might be Crystal Temp in Swift but not sure you might want to give him a call 306 773-8986

jbcurt00

Staff member

Bummer on the busted glass. Take care when removing the broken glass, after the recent 'event' are you still on thinners?

dozerII

Admiral

That sucks with the window......just when things seem to be going well. That switch panel looks familiar, same one I got for the Chief. Looking good. Weatherman calling for a week of rain now so I don't think I will be getting much done. Hopefully yours will be good and you will still make your deadline.

Thanks Wnw

Screws and Murphy seem to be ganging up on you in the shop, Dozer. Ugh!

Isn't that the truth GA

Looking great Glen. Sorry about that window.... need to kick Mr Murphey in the chestnuts. :D

I wish but he keeps hoping around from hanger to hanger and no one ever get the chance to pop him.LOL

sorry muph happened to show up, but from what i have seen you will move on and it won't be long and you will have the sweetest ride.

Thanks CC, will just have to make another trip to the city.

I though we beat that chump Murphy out of SCville earlier this month? Guess not... I try to have the same reaction as to not give Murph the satisfaction of seeing me go off.

On the Red is on it's way to the water, awesome work Glen. Thanks for giving the rest of us tin monkeys some help with motivation, guidance and kind words.

Thanks Water her name is In The Red not On The Red, kind of a play on how much money they cost.

BlueFin16;4565900:eek: I was wondering where that S.O.B. was! Are you able to get a replacement?[/QUOTE said:
He found me, I'm going to go with Plexi.

Everything looks just great Glen that's a bummer on the windshield I did the same thing on a center window once, used plexi to replace it but there is supposed to be a guy in Swift Current that can make safety glass, at least that was what I was told when I wanted to replace the center windshield when I broke it.

Thanks John, there are a couple places in Swift Current, I'm going the plexi way to eliminate doing it again.

Bummer on the busted glass. Take care when removing the broken glass, after the recent 'event' are you still on thinners?

Ya jb , I will be on thinners for a year so I gotta watch playing with sharp things.

Gibbles

Commander

Yup I did the glass thing on my FIL's taco.

Back glass on his topper, rained down on my head and down my shirt.
I was picking bloody glass out of my scalp and elsewhere for a while...

I love the anchor setup, you have me thinking about how to apply the idea on the chief, I have also been eyeballing a cheap harbor freight atv winch for the anchor puller, not sure how well that would work tho... :)

And again, serious respect on the polish, you must have Trucker/Canadian maple flavored tech (know ya'll use maple anywhere and everywhere!).

On that note: while I was up in Canada land... maple Canadian Whisky... I brought some home... loved it :lol:
Cant find it here tho :(

dozerII

Admiral

I would have cried:Cry:

Almost

Yup I did the glass thing on my FIL's taco.

Back glass on his topper, rained down on my head and down my shirt.
I was picking bloody glass out of my scalp and elsewhere for a while...

I love the anchor setup, you have me thinking about how to apply the idea on the chief, I have also been eyeballing a cheap harbor freight atv winch for the anchor puller, not sure how well that would work tho... :)

And again, serious respect on the polish, you must have Trucker/Canadian maple flavored tech (know ya'll use maple anywhere and everywhere!).

On that note: while I was up in Canada land... maple Canadian Whisky... I brought some home... loved it :lol:
Cant find it here tho :(

Thanks Chris, I'm not much on the Maple flavoured stuff, never have been. My Bro tried one of them Minkota deck hand winches and it didn't work worth a carp, to slow to let the anchor down and if the anchor was seated real good it wouldn't pull it up.

More Murphy this morning, When I went out to the shop there was a big puddle of oil on the floor under the port trim cylinder for some reason the seal went out over the winter sitting under the bench, cuz I never went near it with a screw:facepalm:

SigSaurP229

Commander

Geez sometimes you feel like you cant win. I just made a new windshield for flipper out of plexi. Cut with a grinder and finish with a belt sander i know you are suppossed to score and snap however with as thick as the plexi is it's almost impossible to score and snap

Tried a jigsaw all it wanted to do was crack the plexi.

Thats an easy fix though its all straight cuts mine had three different curves

Im going to the shop for the first time in a week I am seriously hoping Murpht stays way the carp up north

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

More Murphy this morning, When I went out to the shop there was a big puddle of oil on the floor under the port trim cylinder for some reason the seal went out over the winter sitting under the bench, cuz I never went near it with a screw:facepalm:

Are you sure? Maybe you dropped a screw at the other end of the shop and @^%%^ Murphy swatted it right under the bench. If you look close you might see him.

InMotion

Commander

Glenstr.... time for a big stick to this Murphy guy!! Man... some days winning is elusive! Well... you can take solace in the fact that you have a flippin' kick butt boat that will provide years of wicked enjoyment for you and the Admiral!

Just git er dun... and slap a piece of whatever (glass, plexi, carbon fibre! :) )) and go for a splash!

Jim

dozerII

Admiral

Geez sometimes you feel like you cant win. I just made a new windshield for flipper out of plexi. Cut with a grinder and finish with a belt sander i know you are suppossed to score and snap however with as thick as the plexi is it's almost impossible to score and snap

Tried a jigsaw all it wanted to do was crack the plexi.

Thats an easy fix though its all straight cuts mine had three different curves

Im going to the shop for the first time in a week I am seriously hoping Murpht stays way the carp up north

Deceided to go with Lexan at the suggestion of the glass shop

Are you sure? Maybe you dropped a screw at the other end of the shop and @^%%^ Murphy swatted it right under the bench. If you look close you might see him.

The picture makes it look like I'm screwed GA:D

Glenstr.... time for a big stick to this Murphy guy!! Man... some days winning is elusive! Well... you can take solace in the fact that you have a flippin' kick butt boat that will provide years of wicked enjoyment for you and the Admiral!

Just git er dun... and slap a piece of whatever (glass, plexi, carbon fibre! :) )) and go for a splash!

Jim

Ya I'm thinking it's time for the Mob to assemble to kick Murphy's butt over to the Glasser's section:lol:

budski

Lieutenant Commander

That's the way I would have gone Glen, the side glass on the blue fin we are redoing is either lexan or plexi and it's 27 years old and still in good shape.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Lexan is much stronger and lighter i couldnt use it for mine because it was thinner and wouldnt fit in the frsme glad to hear its resolved though