1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

dozerII

Admiral
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Man, you are so close, looks awesome!!!

Just a few odds/ends, quick paint job on the trailer to make the project right, and float!

So close!:thumb::becky:

Thanks Jason, ya no paint on the trailer till next winter, just not enough hours in the day.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh whoops, how'd that job get stuck in there?? We already talked about that didn't we.

OK, so yah, just get that trailer painted up and go boating!:becky::thumb:

Have a great Canadian Wednesday buddy:boxing:

dozerII

Admiral

Oh whoops, how'd that job get stuck in there?? We already talked about that didn't we.

Have a great Canadian Wednesday buddy:boxing:

Back at ya Jason

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You can barely notice the crappy paint job on that trailer. It's not like there's a big shiney mirror sitting on top of it or anything.....oh wait :lol:

dozerII

Admiral

List update. Green is complete.

1. Vinyl seat boxes.
2. Make cushions for rear seats
3. Install trim pump and hoses
4. Install blower and hoses
5. Install fuel tank, hoses and water separating filter
6. Install trolling motor,
battery and wiring
7. Install anchor bracket and retrieve system
8. Finish wiring 99%
9. Go through out/ drive install new water pump and then the drive.
10.Install new axle on trailer
11.Wire trailer
12. Rebuild carb
13. Build rock guard
SPLASH

Okay another supposed little job that took all day. A GREAT BIG THANKS TO GRANDAD FOR HIS ANCHOR DEPLOY SYSTEM.

I did mine a little more bottom feeder friendly, but it is pretty much a copy of his. I used 3/4 od pvc conduit for the guide tube, an inexpensive ball bearing cleat for the line lock and instead of an expensive SS exit on the bow I just brought the conduit through then put a slight bend in it with the heat gun. I'm still deceiding what to do with the anchor line at the helm. With the anchor roller, cleat, and anchor I have $110. in the system.

Through the dash

Conduit under the dash, I routed slots in the top of it like Grandad to allow air flow for the anchor line to dry.

Cleat attachment, I used blocks of poly cutting board to build it up so any water that runs out the conduit will run off the dash.

Conduit exit on the bow deck.

Anchor and bracket.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Looks good, nice work.

I think the Krylon plastic spray will stick to conduit w/ a bit of prep for the bow 'snorkel' end.....

barato2

Commander

i like the ingenuity. but what are you gonna do with the pile of anchor rode around your feet?

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Nice plumbing work on the anchor system. Should serve you well.

dozerII

Admiral

Looks good, nice work.

I think the Krylon plastic spray will stick to conduit w/ a bit of prep for the bow 'snorkel' end.....

Thanks jb, I have a can of Krylon in the paint cupboard.

i like the ingenuity. but what are you gonna do with the pile of anchor rode around your feet?

Thanks B2, still thinking on that but, I think I'm going to get a small plastic bin to slide under the step to hold the rope.

Nice plumbing work on the anchor system. Should serve you well.

Thanks WnW

myboat@i

Seaman Apprentice

Lookin good there Glen that anchor should be hastle free the list getting shorter Bro.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Glenn. Looks good. I used what my supplier refers to as a "Halyard Exit Plate" to route the line through the deck. I couldn't find one in Iboats inventory, but they are $8 from a Canadian supplier in stamped stainless steel. Offshore made no doubt, but a bottomfeeder could polish the corners a bit like I did. PM coming your way. - Grandad

dozerII

Admiral

Lookin good there Glen that anchor should be hastle free the list getting shorter Bro.

Thanks Greg, so is the time till out week at the lake together!!:D

Hi Glenn. Looks good. I used what my supplier refers to as a "Halyard Exit Plate" to route the line through the deck. I couldn't find one in Iboats inventory, but they are $8 from a Canadian supplier in stamped stainless steel. Offshore made no doubt, but a bottomfeeder could polish the corners a bit like I did. PM coming your way. - Grandad

Thanks Grandad, I was looking for one of those , but then thought is would not sit flush with the aluminum diamond plate cuz of the raised diamonds. .

dozerII

Admiral

List is getting shorter everyday, but then I find something else I missed and have to add it to the list.

New list. It's getting real short. 10 days till fishing season opens.

1. Rear seat cushions
2. Finish little things on the motor, oil and filter, thermostat, flush trim pump, fill with gas, test fire. all this I hope this weekend.
3. Finish install on trolling motor battery and 2 bank charger about 80% done.
4. Bow protector
5. make polished aluminum plates to cover a couple holes I forgot about on the transom, (up high)

Splash

dozerII

Admiral

Short list is a little shorter, the TM is done as well as all the little stuff on the motor, weather is not cooperating to fire her up though.

dozerII

Admiral

Murphy should of stayed down south, but he came back to Canada, this afternoon. Getting down to the real short strokes now, thought I might even get out for a splash on Tues, or Weds. but then Murphy came to town. I was putting the snaps back in the window frames and on the last one on the last 1/4 turn!!!

Yea it wasn't pretty, I got a little bit of high blood pressure.:facepalm:

Oh well, what's a guy to do. Carry on

All the wiring is done.

Starter battery.

T/M battery

Two bank charger

Final shot of the dash wiring.

Continued.

dozerII

Admiral

Anchor rope storage for B2.

Labels installed on the switch bank.

New decals installed on the out drive.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

That sucks with the window......just when things seem to be going well. That switch panel looks familiar, same one I got for the Chief. Looking good. Weatherman calling for a week of rain now so I don't think I will be getting much done. Hopefully yours will be good and you will still make your deadline.