1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Man this boat is coming together fast!

Hey, you aren't seriously going to leave that rusty trailer unfinished under that totally completely brand new showroom quality boat are you?:boink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can honestly say I saw that coming.

dozerII

Admiral

Sorry to hear your week sucked.... but as you said... should be a great weekend!!

Ya... I think that's looking great! Not bad at all for an afternoon's progress!!! :D I like seat boxes at the back too... and that 3500lbs axle will help to ensure that all is good for your travels back and forth!

Looks great man! Too bad there's gonna be fish guts in there!

J.

Thanks Jim, fish guts are good.

Really nice Glen did you get new wheels and tires for the trailer, they look new

Thanks John, they aren't brand new but close , only 1 season on them.

I really like that doghouse cover Glen. I hope you don't mind if I steal that ideal from you. Immitation is the best form of flatery, right?? :)

Steal away cj, it's all fair game in the Starmada.

Looking good, I see that trailer tube has stickers on it... Good thing they are just little pin stripes. Did I mention I hate stickers.:mad:

I never realized you didn't like stickers H2O, anybody else pick up on that,LOL

real classy there doz, wouldn't expect any less from a guy with your talents

Thanks CC

You are one lucky guy! You don't to wait for soft water, you can fish anytime in the shop. I see all the fish on the Humminbird. :lol:

Red is really coming together. :thumb:

Thanks GA, ya having fish on the screen shile your sitting in the seat making motor sounds is so cool.

Custom:cool:All the way them cup and rod holders make it look reel nice if i ever get to it i got 4 lights just like them to put in ours, bet yours el light up the bow nice. Lookin good Glen have a great weekend.

Thanks Greg, now get out in the garage and put them lights in your boat.

Man this boat is coming together fast!

Hey, you aren't seriously going to leave that rusty trailer unfinished under that totally completely brand new showroom quality boat are you:

Thanks Jason, YUP that rusty trailer is going to sit under here till the snow flies again.

myboat@i

Seaman Apprentice

Would anybody like to make a bet on weather Glen paints the trailer or not. Just Sayin:lol:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Jason, YUP that rusty trailer is going to sit under here till the snow flies again.

The way this winter...er ...spring is going, paint and snow will fly tomorrow. :rolleyes:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can honestly say I saw that coming.

Ya know, I might just have one more of those comments in my back pocket for another fella who's wrapping up his project too:becky:

Weep'n Willy

Yea Jason, I believe you made mention of paint before I slide it under the Chief but I have to say I am not ready for another round of sanding, wet sanding, prep, paint, tape, paper, etc,,,,etc.... yes, you know the drill.

dozerII

Admiral

Holy cow, I'm starting to suffer from S/C withdrawl haven't worked on the Holiday or updated the thread for 6 days, work can be so MBS intrusive. LOL I'm hoping to get a bunch done starting first thing in the morning, fingesr crossed.

myboat@i

Seaman Apprentice

Ya holy cow me to was just talkin about that last night good to see ur back at it

GA_Boater

holy cow, i'm starting to suffer from s/c withdrawl haven't worked on the holiday or updated the thread for 6 days, work can be so mbs intrusive. Lol i'm hoping to get a bunch done starting first thing in the morning, fingesr crossed.

slacker

:lol::lol::lol:

GA_Boater

SLACKER< SLACKER YOU SAY SLACKER ---------------------------ok I'll try to change that.

Is work letting you work on your stuff this W/E. They have to give you time off, don't they? The ice is melting! I hope.

dozerII

Admiral

Is work letting you work on your stuff this W/E. They have to give you time off, don't they? The ice is melting! I hope.

Yup working on the boat this weekend GA, but winter is back, it's cold, snowing and blowing hard. But that's okay I'm working in the hanger.

Big day today, I didn't need the Admiral to crack the whip I did it myself.

I got all the locating dowels and stainless receivers in for the dog house and seat boxes. I used a scrap 3/8" fiberglass tent pole for the pegs ( the only glass thing in this boat) and 1/2"O/D stainless steel instrumentation tubing for the receivers.

You can see the tubing installed in the deck just in front of the fuel tank here.

Blower install the first time.

ducting.

Continued

dozerII

Admiral

Water separating fuel filter installed.

Fuel tank installed and all lines run.

Trim installed around engine bay, Home Depot black anodized aluminum angle.

Exhaust elbow and bellows installed.

Pito tube installed and hooked up.

Continued

dozerII

Admiral

Whew I'm getting tired just remembering what I did today.

Trim pump installed plumbed and hooked up, battery box installed, then Murphy showed up.

I tightened all the trim lines except one, went to bleed the system and it would only go down, oil every where in the bilge. HMMMM Checked the switches in the new to me shifter, there good. checked for power to the up solenoid, yup, I guess I twisted an internal wire off in it when I was cleaning all the connections. OH WELL it's only money Right.LOL

List update. Green is complete.

1. Vinyl seat boxes.
2. Make cushions for rear seats
3. Install trim pump and hoses
4. Install blower and hoses
5. Install fuel tank, hoses and water separating filter
6. Install trolling motor, battery and wiring
7. Install anchor bracket and retrieve system
8. Finish wiring
9. Go through out/ drive install new water pump and then the drive.
10.Install new axle on trailer
11.Wire trailer

SPLASH

Last edited:

Weep'n Willy

Great progress, nice and clean work too.

GA_Boater

No slacking there, D2. Rats, you were going to town when that Murphy fella showed up and oiled the clean bilge and broke some wire. Kick him over to the glasser drydock.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice work right up to that part there at the end :facepalm:

Else all looked great! Nice & tidy good looking work.

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Very nice Glen, man you're a perfectionist. everything looks brand spanking new.

dozerII

Admiral

Great progress, nice and clean work too.

No slacking there, D2. Rats, you were going to town when that Murphy fella showed up and oiled the clean bilge and broke some wire. Kick him over to the glasser drydock.

Nice work right up to that part there at the end :facepalm:

Else all looked great! Nice & tidy good looking work.

Very nice Glen, man you're a perfectionist. everything looks brand spanking new.

Thanks Guys, ya them glasser guys can have Murphy. I will see about sending him over to them when I head out to the shop. See what else I can kick off the list today.