1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Not done with the venting yet but I have a plan. I started another thread on blowers in the "boat topics forum" that turned into a bit of a debate, but I did the answers I needed. The two that face front will just be ducted to the top of the transom. The two rear facing ones, the Starboard side will get an inline blower and ducted down to the bilge and the Port side will just get ducted down to the bilge.

Imagine that!

And imagine this - I like it both ways. :happy: With and without the cover.

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.

I think I like it better without it.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I like the diamond plate on the stern, got a piece as wide as the white vinyl @doghouse?

I like the jump seat boxes too

GA_Boater

I like the diamond plate on the stern, got a piece as wide as the white vinyl @doghouse?

DII could make the white on the DH and rear cover match the width of the bow cover. :fish: TOUCH! :D

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.

maybe something like this

Image001.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

I say hammer in some rivets on that transom cover, the diamond plate finishes off the total look. Seeing it with the plate on there would seal the deal for me.

I think the extra vents are very functional and look cool actually.

Edit: for got to mention those are going to be some smart looking jump seat/storage compartments.

Last edited:

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Glen I think I'm with astor prefer it better without.

dozerII

Admiral

Imagine that!

And imagine this - I like it both ways. :happy: With and without the cover.

I think I like it better without it.

DII could make the white on the DH and rear cover match the width of the bow cover. :fish: TOUCH! :D

I say hammer in some rivets on that transom cover, the diamond plate finishes off the total look. Seeing it with the plate on there would seal the deal for me.

I think the extra vents are very functional and look cool actually.

Edit: for got to mention those are going to be some smart looking jump seat/storage compartments.

Hey Glen I think I'm with astor prefer it better without.

Okay, so we have GA on the fence he likes it either way, jb and H20 like it with maybe a little tweeking, astor, Budski, the Admiral and myself like it without.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

the Admiral ........... like it without.

Um, yah, I'm gonna do my best to stay on Mrs. Dozers good side so I'm with whatever she wants.

:peep::lever::couch2::behindsofa::nevreness:

ShowMeGuy

Chief Petty Officer

wonder if a guy could make the seat backs match the arch of the transom cap back on those jump seats... Although painted will probably blend in just fine.

myboat@i

Seaman Apprentice

It never ceases to amaze me Glen I know it shouldnt but wow that boat looks nicer every time i have a look here, I think I like the look of the diamond plate on the back just follows the line from the bow plate, But hay i have seen Mrs Dozer pissed before so its ur call LOL, the seats r looking awsome to.

GA_Boater

Admiral :first: I like her opinion on this and have changed my mind like a woman. No, I did not say that. :eek:

jbcurt00

Staff member

I stand my ground & still prefer the deck w/ the diamond plate. :fear:

I do, however, agree, you SHOULD remove it if that's what the Admiral wants.

InMotion

Commander

After seeing it on there... I'm in the no go camp.... it looks cool, but that red looks so sharp uninterrupted.

Wicked job on the seat boxes dude! Since your almost done... it's gonna be sad when I don't get to see anymore updates on this one shortly!

Hope it's sunny and warm in lower Sask!

J.

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer

yep if momma aint happy aint nobody happy, so it doesnt matter what i think. she has got to be happy with what you have done with that project tho. it is top notch

dozerII

Admiral

Um, yah, I'm gonna do my best to stay on Mrs. Dozers good side so I'm with whatever she wants.

:peep::QUOTE]

She has put up with me for 38 years so compromise is no stranger to her.

wonder if a guy could make the seat backs match the arch of the transom cap back on those jump seats... Although painted will probably blend in just fine.

The cushions that are going on the seats will match the curve.

It never ceases to amaze me Glen I know it shouldnt but wow that boat looks nicer every time i have a look here, I think I like the look of the diamond plate on the back just follows the line from the bow plate, But hay i have seen Mrs Dozer pissed before so its ur call LOL, the seats r looking awsome to.

Thanks Greg, she will be OK with it.

Admiral :first: I like her opinion on this and have changed my mind like a woman. No, I did not say that. :eek:

Take Midol and you will be OK GA. :lol:

After seeing it on there... I'm in the no go camp.... it looks cool, but that red looks so sharp uninterrupted.

Wicked job on the seat boxes dude! Since your almost done... it's gonna be sad when I don't get to see anymore updates on this one shortly!

Hope it's sunny and warm in lower Sask!

J.

Thanks Jim, it's a real crappy day here, snowing blowing and cold.

yep if momma aint happy aint nobody happy, so it doesnt matter what i think. she has got to be happy with what you have done with that project tho. it is top notch

Thanks cc, Momma's okay.

dozerII

Admiral

Okay after looking and thinking and looking and listening to the mob, I changed my mind. (At least it was just a little piece of shiny aluminum Jim) it's riveted down.
Plus I got the new bow rails bent and mounted.

And my new Starmada sticker

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Glen I guess it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it's your boat and inevitability you're going to do it the way YOU want it, and I'll have to admit it looks a lot better with just that little bit of black trim, and the rest is getting better every time I look at it.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

As Todd Hoffman might say, "On The Red is On The Fricken Money"

OK001_zps8fc31a68.jpg

InMotion

Commander

I like that you are joining the "mind changer's" club!!! :D :D :) The black strips on either side make it look nice and Purdy though... :D

Glad to see ya man'd up and just went ahead anyway.... just tell the Admiral it's the heart pills makin' ya do it if she balks!! :D

Rock on man!

Ok... so other than the jump seats..... what's left then?????

J.