1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Top notch Glen! Nice innovation & attention to detail on that W/S!

I have some used W/S's that have seen better days...corrosion, holes, etc. I think patching/painting might make them a little more "marketable" :)

dozerII

Admiral

Glen the boat looks awsome the attention too detail is not surprising you come by it naturally when dad had his heart attack he was out shoveling snow a week later lol, you take it easy Glen thats gonna be be one heck of a boat, someone is gonna be happy with that one when you sell her and move on to the next masterpeice lol... you take it easy non off the hard stuff for a bit. Greg.

Thanks Greg, no problem, just a little at a time.

Top notch Glen! Nice innovation & attention to detail on that W/S!

I have some used W/S's that have seen better days...corrosion, holes, etc. I think patching/painting might make them a little more "marketable" :)

Thank BF, if there is anyone on here that knows how to deal with corrosion an unwanted holes, you would definitely be the master.

barato2

Commander

the Corrosion Czar, Bane of the Keystone Brewery, as it were. :D

agree with BF, GLen, you just continue to blow me away with your attn to detail and innovative solutions.....i would have just masked the glass and done the frames with em put together.....always good to see an example of someone doing it right. just beautiful results.

dozerII

Admiral

the Corrosion Czar, Bane of the Keystone Brewery, as it were. :D

agree with BF, GLen, you just continue to blow me away with your attn to detail and innovative solutions.....i would have just masked the glass and done the frames with em put together.....always good to see an example of someone doing it right. just beautiful results.

Thanks B2, your too kind. I snuck out to the hanger early this morning and spent a bout 4.5 hours slowly wet sanding the top of the boat, got her all cleaned up, masked and re sprayed. Now it looks good.:facepalm:

barato2

Commander

uh, i think you ended with the wrong smilie. that was supposed to be :joyous:

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer

thanks for the advice on how you did the ws , doz, looks great and part of my plan down the road , so gonna reference your procedure. take it easy

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Looking awesome with the black frame on the red.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

So bro, can we see what she looks like now eh?:single_eye:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Standing by! :happy:

dozerII

Admiral

Sheesh the Mob is hungry today, woke up too early today and the fishing shows were real boring, so there is always some tin work to do.
Paint is not perfect, but I can live with it.

I think it might be time for an Admiral Tune UP, she says the black windshield fame doesn't suit the color scheme :faint2:

Continued

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral

I know I didn't let on these had arrived but here's the decals, Black on Silver.

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Looking awesome Glen I like the new decals, good name, sorry Admiral but I really like the black windshield.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Paint is not perfect, but I can live with it.
Looks GREAT!

I think it might be time for an Admiral Tune UP, she says the black windshield fame doesn't suit the color scheme :faint2:
Simple ^^^, just tell her she's wrong. Simple as that. :rolleyes:

Yeah, ok, she's wrong NOW, but she WAS right when she requested the change to black ;)
I know I didn't let on these had arrived but here's the decals, Black on Silver
They look great too. :cool:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That's really going to come together when you slide in that black rubrail, sweet:thumb:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I can see her point as an aluminum frame would look nice with all the bare aluminum on the hull. However, once you get all the interior and hardware on, I'm sure it'll look even better. Just tell her to hold her horses :p

Thanks EZ, don't see you around too much anymore?

They are monitoring everyone's internet usage at work now which isn't good and iboats isn't real mobile friendly, especially not mod functions. Two young children at home doesn't leave me as much time to surf as I had before.

InMotion

Commander

Looks good man.... aren't you putting diamond plate runner on the bow???? Or was that just set there out of convenience in one of your earlier pictures???

Ahhh you know the Admiral is ALWAYS right... right??!!! :) You do enjoy sanding correct?!!! :) :D

Really is coming together great though...

Jim

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.

I would never say the Admiral is wrong. But I like the black windshield frame. She'll get used to it, or not even notice it anymore when the rub rail, bow rails, and rest of the goodies are installed.