1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

InMotion

Commander
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Sorry guys been quite eventful for me since Wed afternoon. Took a 4 hour ambulance ride to the Saskatoon Cardiac ward. Spent Thurs having tests done and had a stint put in yesterday afternoon. Just got home, and will be taking it pretty easy for a little while. Good news is I don't have any heart damage, just have to take a whole wack of drugs for a while.
I will post the pics as soon as I can.

Holly cow dude!!! Time to take it easy for a while for sure!!!! Man... glad you had no damage to your heart. No doubt that was the longest four hour ride of your life!

Glad your back home and got to the right place to get things taken care of.

Take care,

Jim

Cloudrnnr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Glen, glad to hear you managed to flush the blockage and brace the hose without overheating the engine. Take it easy, rest up...then get back to the tin!

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Holy Smokes Glen! very relieved that you suffered no damage to the ticker. Rest-up brother...you're waaaay ahead of schedule anyways; with the parade of "Polar Vortices", hard water is here for awhile :lol:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey, good mornin Glen! Sheesh, sorry about the surprise engine work man!:blue:

My Dad just went through the exact same deal. He was feeling pretty wiped out for a short while but he's in great shape now. I expect the same for you buddy.

Take care, rest up, I'm sure you'll be back in the game shortly:thumb:

dozerII

Admiral

Wow what a great bunch of guys, it's just like having another family on this site. I'm sure everything is going to be fine, the Doc's were real happy with the outcome and so am I. A little rest and some good ole Tin Therapy will have me good as new.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

Geez, Glen. Just catching up. You're giving the rest of us heart failure. Rest up and battle the tin later. Take care. - Grandad

dozerII

Admiral

Geez, Glen. Just catching up. You're giving the rest of us heart failure. Rest up and battle the tin later. Take care. - Grandad

Thanks Grandad, rest is on the adgenda.

myboat@i

Seaman Apprentice

Good to see you on here Glen take it easy and talk to ya soon... Greg

64osby

Admiral

Really glad to hear the health care system north of the border works.:)

A few less wobbly pops are in your future.:blue:

dozerII

Admiral

Good to see you on here Glen take it easy and talk to ya soon... Greg

Thanks for stopping by Greg

Really glad to hear the health care system north of the border works.:)

A few less wobbly pops are in your future.:blue:

Thanks 64, it's not so much the wobbly pops as the porkfat, fishfrys:facepalm:

dozerII

Admiral

I slipped out to the hanger this morning to take a couple pics for the mob.

Murphy just wouldn't leave me alone last week, the next pic is of the top of the SB gunwale, if you look in the reflection of the uppermost overhead light you will see scratches in the paint. The whole top is covered with them!! I guess the sand paper gummed up even though I was wet sanding an put them in and I didn't see them, before the second coat. So now I get to sand the top out again.

:mad::blue:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Man Glen, sorry about all that extra work you'll need to put in buddy, that stinks!

Hey, that red over bare alum looks really sharp though, very very cool!:cool:

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Looks great, I looked really hard and couldn't see any scratches though.

barato2

Commander

wow, Glen, glad you're still with us. no viking funerals, eh? just because Jas will be moving north is no reason for you to drop dead on us to maintain stable population. looking back at your last pre-ambulance-ride post, ya think there might also be some correlation with work stress? take care of yourself and get better soon. the rest of us will try to ramp up our work and shoot lots of pics to keep you from going totally stir crazy....

try the LightLife SmartBacon....pretty good bacon fake, and so little fat you have to oil pan so it won't stick to the pan. my dad had more major version (quad bypass and carotid artery rotorooting) of your recent fun a few years back and had been told by the docs he'd never eat another BLT....it was great seeing the expression on his face when i made him one.

Last edited:

InMotion

Commander

I slipped out to the hanger this morning to take a couple pics for the mob.

:mad::blue:

Man o Man... guy turns out amazing work... has heart attack... lives to tell... few days later, back in the hanger like he just caught a cold... bummed out because of scratches... and is already planning to sand and re-paint!

Man... hats off to ya man... you get the award for "Most Dedicated"!!! :)

Seriously though... bummer about the scratches and required re and re... funny how it's the little things that drive us all nuts! I would do the same thing bud!

No worries... it'll still be there next week!

J.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yea, that red sure is sharp. I can't say I envy you having to resand. Bummer. Get healthy first, then worry about the rig.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

After you get the OK from the Doc, try another wet sand first. Of even a buff. I really don't see the scratches in the pics. It may still be recoverable without a re-spray. The red/bare combo is sharp as tacks, DII

barato2

Commander

+1. you might be amazed what can be worked out with 320-400 grit wet sanding. and if you need to shoot another coat, just wash it down after wet sanding.

dozerII

Admiral

Man Glen, sorry about all that extra work you'll need to put in buddy, that stinks!

Hey, that red over bare alum looks really sharp though, very very cool!:cool:

Looks great, I looked really hard and couldn't see any scratches though.

Thanks Jason and John

wow, Glen, glad you're still with us. no viking funerals, eh? just because Jas will be moving north is no reason for you to drop dead on us to maintain stable population. looking back at your last pre-ambulance-ride post, ya think there might also be some correlation with work stress? take care of yourself and get better soon. the rest of us will try to ramp up our work and shoot lots of pics to keep you from going totally stir crazy....

try the LightLife SmartBacon....pretty good bacon fake, and so little fat you have to oil pan so it won't stick to the pan. my dad had more major version (quad bypass and carotid artery rotorooting) of your recent fun a few years back and had been told by the docs he'd never eat another BLT....it was great seeing the expression on his face when i made him one.

I mentioned bacon to the Admiral yesterday, not a good idea:lol: I don't think we're going there anytime soon.

Man o Man... guy turns out amazing work... has heart attack... lives to tell... few days later, back in the hanger like he just caught a cold... bummed out because of scratches... and is already planning to sand and re-paint!

Man... hats off to ya man... you get the award for "Most Dedicated"!!! :)

Seriously though... bummer about the scratches and required re and re... funny how it's the little things that drive us all nuts! I would do the same thing bud!

No worries... it'll still be there next week!

J.

That's the problem I looked at it and went "O"well it's a fishing boat then went in the house and sat for a bit went to look at it again and went @#$% every time I look at it I will regret leaving it.

Yea, that red sure is sharp. I can't say I envy you having to resand. Bummer. Get healthy first, then worry about the rig.

After you get the OK from the Doc, try another wet sand first. Of even a buff. I really don't see the scratches in the pics. It may still be recoverable without a re-spray. The red/bare combo is sharp as tacks, DII

+1. you might be amazed what can be worked out with 320-400 grit wet sanding. and if you need to shoot another coat, just wash it down after wet sanding.

They are there trust me, a couple hours sanding and an hour painting and I'll never know the difference.:facepalm:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Super-sharp!!

plasticoff002_zps39ee8965.jpg

bummer on the scratches though...and it sounds like you're not playin' the "it's a fishing boat" card ...of which I have full-deck of :lol:

I hope you're feeling better buddy!

Last edited: