1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

barato2

Commander
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

a Polished red high powered sporty looking StarCraft just waiting to spring out!!
i hear the donor glasser store also carries ones with jet drives and big blocks.......:eek:

dozerII

Admiral

Okay dumb StarCraft boat rebuilder here, after a call into Enerco about the Heatstar furnace I purchased 2.5 years ago!!! It seems that if you rebuild 4 boats creating all the dust and overspray that they entail, and then fail to do your pre season fall maintainance, like blowing all the dust out, when it is the coldest and the freshly laid paint is trying to dry the furnace will shut down, DUH.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Do you have to do 2 seasons worth of fall maintenance? It's hangin' up the rafters, isn't it?

dozerII

Admiral

Yes it is, I had to dig out my two sections of scaffold and put them together to get to it :facepalm:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey, lemme help ya out here....

I just picked up another load of logs. They all need to be cut, split, thrown down the basement this afternoon. The "Real Feel" will be at 4 below zero for my working temps.

See, that routine (indoor) heat maintance doesn't look so bad does it:becky::thumb:

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer

that holiday is looking great doz, wont take you long to get the heat back on i am sure, and not much down time or damage hopefully. good luck

dozerII

Admiral

I just picked up another load of logs. They all need to be cut, split, thrown down the basement this afternoon. The "Real Feel" will be at 4 below zero for my working temps.

See, that routine (indoor) heat maintance doesn't look so bad does it:becky::thumb:

Sorry Jason, blowing the dust out of my furnace doesn't seem so bad now, I would come and help ya, if the commute wasn't 36 hours.

that holiday is looking great doz, wont take you long to get the heat back on i am sure, and not much down time or damage hopefully. good luck

Thanks CC, all is good.

dozerII

Admiral

Sorry Jason, blowing the dust out of my furnace doesn't seem so bad now, I would come and help ya, if the commute wasn't 36 hours.

Thanks CC, all is good.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey, when do we get to pull the tarps off? I really want to see this rigs new scheme buddy!:car:

dozerII

Admiral

Hey, when do we get to pull the tarps off? I really want to see this rigs new scheme buddy!:car:

Hope too have show and tell on the weekend, works gone real haywire, the mad rush to finish 40 new oils wells before break up and the price of propane has dropped 20 cents a liter in the last 10 days.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hey, chop chop, it is the weekend. Let's see those pics!!

dozerII

Admiral

Sorry guys been quite eventful for me since Wed afternoon. Took a 4 hour ambulance ride to the Saskatoon Cardiac ward. Spent Thurs having tests done and had a stint put in yesterday afternoon. Just got home, and will be taking it pretty easy for a little while. Good news is I don't have any heart damage, just have to take a whole wack of drugs for a while.
I will post the pics as soon as I can.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Thankfully things turned out alright. Rest and be well. The boat can certainly wait.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I will post the pics as soon as I can.

If they are of the stint procedure, please don't..................

Great news on no heart damage, bummer about the drugs. I thought the boat work was supposed to be stress relief.......

Rest up & take care of yourself. The hanger will keep the SC in safe hibernation til you're able.

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Glen really sorry to hear that, glad to hear you're OK, you've got to slow down, the way you,re going on the boat and sounds like you're really busy at your job as well you're burning the candle at both ends, Take Care.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Great news that you got to the doctor and were able to get repaired. Just think of those drugs as your own brand of Gluvit... it looks bad, smells and I bet tastes horrible but in the end it's what's best! Hopefully no runs occur :eek:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What is this - Disaster Saturday? :eek: First Sig droppin' his SS and then you goin' for a ride, Dozer. I'm sure you're on blood thinners with the stint. So no tinny work for you! One cut and the bleeding will take forever to stop.

FYI - The Admiral got stinted about two years ago and took thinners for a year. She's all good now with no extra meds, but six month visits to her cardiologist.

Follow the Docs orders and take it easy, Dozer.

fogducker1

Cadet

Get well.. pics can wait, rest and let your imagination come up with a bunch of new ideas for us to be envious about!!

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer

good luck doz, dont rush things, and get well. i have been on thinners and all is good unless you scrape,cut or bruise yourself. even the slightest bump can bruise bad, so take your time and get some much needed relaxation.