1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

InMotion

Commander
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Man... she looks all plain and lonely!! :)

Nice work there... Red tomorrow? Ready to roll by Monday???

Ooops... forgot you don't have a motor in there!! :D

Lookin' good progress wise.

J.

dozerII

Admiral

Man... she looks all plain and lonely!! :)

Nice work there... Red tomorrow? Ready to roll by Monday???

Ooops... forgot you don't have a motor in there!! :D

Lookin' good progress wise.

J.

Thanks Jim, not sure if she will get red tomorrow or Monday, gotta sand tomorrow. Ready to go would be nice but the water is a little hard. -23 overnight and -17 for a high tomorrow.

64osby

Admiral

Thanks Jim, not sure if she will get red tomorrow or Monday, gotta sand tomorrow. Ready to go would be nice but the water is a little hard. -23 overnight and -17 for a high tomorrow.

I heard on the radio the other day that this is the 5th warmest winter ever worldwide. It seems that over half of North America is just the opposite.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the paint work.

dozerII

Admiral

I heard on the radio the other day that this is the 5th warmest winter ever worldwide. It seems that over half of North America is just the opposite.

Thanks 64, I've read the same thing on the weather, but it has surely dumped some strange weather on parts of the world and made parts of North America seem more like the Arctic this winter.

dozerII

Admiral

Photo of grey primer, and 20 pieces of window frame disassembled, cleaned sanded, and self etched.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That's a ton of work laying out right there, good job Glen!

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Nice work glen!

there's still time to change your mind on the W/S color....to "Gold" :D (and 20 minutes of remaining playing time to change it again if I jinxed you guys :lol: )

InMotion

Commander

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dozerII

Admiral

That's a ton of work laying out right there, good job Glen!

Nice work glen!

there's still time to change your mind on the W/S color....to "Gold" :D (and 20 minutes of remaining playing time to change it again if I jinxed you guys :lol: )

Thanks guys, no jinx

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got that right Jim Gold in Women's and Men's Way to go.

myboat@i

Seaman Apprentice

Wow Glen looks awsome as usual cant wait to see it up close and personal talk to ya soon. Greg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Maybe the 5th warmest since a thermometer was invented... :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing that tin with some shine on!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think Sochi tilted the worlds thermometers. :facepalm:

I want to see some red on her. :D

dozerII

Admiral

Maybe the 5th warmest since a thermometer was invented... :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing that tin with some shine on!

I think Sochi tilted the worlds thermometers. :facepalm:

I want to see some red on her. :D

If everything goes as planned she should get her red dress today, got the furnace turned up it's -26 this morning.

fogducker1

Cadet

Hi I have been watching ur work for a while and it is fantastic. My wife has even said "it's time to redo mine" !!
Great job. Quick question, it is hard to see under the bow in the pictures as it is black can you tell me what is on the sides, looks nice and clean.

barato2

Commander

over half of North America is just the opposite. what seems to have happened is that Alaska and the Yukon sent us their weather....they've had record highs there and avalanche problems.

dozerII

Admiral

Hi I have been watching ur work for a while and it is fantastic. My wife has even said "it's time to redo mine" !!
Great job. Quick question, it is hard to see under the bow in the pictures as it is black can you tell me what is on the sides, looks nice and clean.

Thanks for stopping by and the compliments fogducker1, The floor has Nautalex Shark grey vinyl, and the insides of the hull have Charcoal grey marine carpet on them.

over half of North America is just the opposite. what seems to have happened is that Alaska and the Yukon sent us their weather....they've had record highs there and avalanche problems.

Isn't that the truth B2.

dozerII

Admiral

Murphy made his presents know in the hanger this morning, got the first coat of red on, but it is going to need some sanding and a second coat. First off when I drained the compressor I tilted it back to get the last of the water out and pulled the plug out of the wall most of the way, so I ran out of air and started dribbling paint when I started painting. Then Proform Wet Look hardener doesn't come with any tech info and there is none on the site, I found that it does not need to cook in the in pot for 30 minutes as does Valspar, maybe 10, so it started to go off when I was down to one side left and it plugged the strainer in the spray gun. Oh well got the first coat of read on, now sand it off for the next one.

Pics later.

InMotion

Commander

Murphy made his presents know in the hanger this morning, got the first coat of red on, but it is going to need some sanding and a second coat. First off when I drained the compressor I tilted it back to get the last of the water out and pulled the plug out of the wall most of the way, so I ran out of air and started dribbling paint when I started painting. Then Proform Wet Look hardener doesn't come with any tech info and there is none on the site, I found that it does not need to cook in the in pot for 30 minutes as does Valspar, maybe 10, so it started to go off when I was down to one side left and it plugged the strainer in the spray gun. Oh well got the first coat of read on, now sand it off for the next one.

Pics later.

Bummer.... sounds like you'll be able to get it all sorted out. Looking forward to seeing that RED!!! on there.

J.

barato2

Commander

that Murph is one world traveler. he was here making grief for me at almost the same time.