1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Really cool Glen, thanks for taking the time to document and share. Looks great!

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Yeah Glen, Thanks!! Bookmarked for future reference! :D

dozerII

Admiral

Postman arrived again yesterday, I'm sure hoping the bleeding is going to stop soon. :rolleyes:

And I need some IMHO's on the dash, I'm a little undecided.

InMotion

Commander

Postman arrived again yesterday, I'm sure hoping the bleeding is going to stop soon. :rolleyes:

And I need some IMHO's on the dash, I'm a little undecided.

Ok... so sorry there bud... but it's hard to tell in the picture... the difference is the dash face material right???

If so, both are great... but I'd prolly go with the top one. Somehow the stripe effect on the lower one is a little distracting. With that said, the picture on the top is much further away... so it may not be the fairest of comparisons.

Gotta say overall, looks awesome!

J.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I like the carbon fiber. The shade goes well with the other colors.

How do you plan on finishing the arc? Or is that the question?

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Looks great Glen, I think that when you finish the arc you should extend the rear cover about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch forward in front of the face and it should look completely finished, but that's only my opinion and you may have other better ideas.

jbcurt00

Staff member

IM, it's the same vinyl in both pix :facepalm:

I like how the gray carbon is a mid-point between the dark black & bright aluminum AND very similar tone to the carpet. Like it, even w/ the black face gauges.

Same Q as GA though, how's the top of the gauge pod finish? Aluminum 'clam shell'?

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks Guys, both picture are the same carbon fiber covering , just one is taken further back to get the overall look. The back/top of the curve is covered with aluminum with the same carbon fiber on it. The top leading edge of the instrument face I'm planning to trim with a piece of 1.25 flat aluminum covered in black vinyl with a strip chrome plastic door molding, which I thought I picked up yesterday but grabbed the wrong package.
So my question was the overall look of the carbon fiber, and the consensus of the Mob and the Admiral is:encouragement:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

So my question was the overall look of the carbon fiber, and the consensus of the Mob and the Admiral is:encouragement:

I think you know me Glen, I'm way too plain jane to give you good feedback on this setup buddy. I would have gone with a vinyl wrapped console (same color as one of the others you've got there) and then SS steering wheel.

I think I'm too chicken to get outside the box with colors n' stuff.

( I think we need a chicken smiley here, something like :balkbalk: )

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If the Admiral is giving a :thumb:, you knew the answer, Glen. :joyous: I don't think you're going to say "But Honey, the Mob says......". :fish:

Last edited:

barato2

Commander

i love it. esp with the side panels, the whole thing screams "fifties hot rod, slightly modernized." no 4-cammer needed.....you need an aluminum block Vette motor instead.......:devilish: someone has to build the first 80 mph Starcraft tinnie.......

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

ooooh maaaaan that's sweeeeet!!!!

IMHO002_zps43d18c24.jpg

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Glen, if you haven't already completed the clamshell, I'd recommend a (black?) padded cover that has at least a 1/2" pad thickness to it. I'd extend it out from the dash a couple of inches as a visor so the gauges are well back from the edge. It looks pretty sharp now, but just needs a little touch more to look finished. - Grandad

dozerII

Admiral

I think you know me Glen, I'm way too plain jane to give you good feedback on this setup buddy. I would have gone with a vinyl wrapped console (same color as one of the others you've got there) and then SS steering wheel.

I think I'm too chicken to get outside the box with colors n' stuff.

( I think we need a chicken smiley here, something like :balkbalk: )

That was my original plan but the Admiral gave it a thumbs down, color is a good thing Jason, We will get together over a cupa and discuss the colors for your 26, they sell it in 5 gal pails LOL

If the Admiral is giving a :thumb:, you knew the answer, Glen. :joyous: I don't think you're going to say "But Honey, the Mob says......". :fish:

You nailed that one GA

i love it. esp with the side panels, the whole thing screams "fifties hot rod, slightly modernized." no 4-cammer needed.....you need an aluminum block Vette motor instead.......:devilish: someone has to build the first 80 mph Starcraft tinnie.......

Thanks B2, I agree but again the admiral doesn't like flames, she loved Odessey's SC except for the flames.

Thanks BF

Hi Glen, if you haven't already completed the clamshell, I'd recommend a (black?) padded cover that has at least a 1/2" pad thickness to it. I'd extend it out from the dash a couple of inches as a visor so the gauges are well back from the edge. It looks pretty sharp now, but just needs a little touch more to look finished. - Grandad

Kinda the same Idea I have Grandad, I have an aluminum cover for the curved top I am going to put more carbon fiber vinyl on, then an aluminum vinyl covered visor in black, so to speak on the leading edge.

InMotion

Commander

IMHO002_zps43d18c24.jpg

Glen.. .funny... I was looking at the pics on my wife's older phone and it looks sooooo much nicer on a 24" screen! Really is looking great!

+1 what Grandad said... doing the same clamshell thing with a little rounded extension out over the face of the dash. Will really complete the look totally.

Looking great!

J.

dozerII

Admiral

Glen.. .funny... I was looking at the pics on my wife's older phone and it looks sooooo much nicer on a 24" screen! Really is looking great!

+1 what Grandad said... doing the same clamshell thing with a little rounded extension out over the face of the dash. Will really complete the look totally.

Looking great!

J.

Thanks Jim, finished product next.

dozerII

Admiral

After two attempts at making the visor look good this is the finished product, the only thing I may add is some of that plastic chrome door edge molding to the front lip.

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Does that ever look great Glen really nice job