1974 21' Starcraft Holiday (first time boat owner)

Jonny C

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1974 21' Starcraft Holiday (first time boat owner)

Hey There, Rhody!

I do not have a reference for it, but I can see by some drill holes that this light was replace/not original... Do you have a picture of your spare "Jetson's" Stern Light? I am absolutely interested in getting one. Please pm me if that is easier for you. Thanks!

Jonny C

Seaman Apprentice

Pugetsound, thanks for your posts... Yes, I am very lucky indeed! the tank on my boat is in excellent shape, it's an 18 gallon tank (flat as well) and will clean up nicely (pics to follow)... There was only one battery on the boat so we are adding an additional battery and re-wiring the the boat from front to back, allowing for more amps for Instrumentation, Stereo, etc... We are working on a new color scheme, though I think we will go with the 70's color palate (desaturated, muted colors). The compression check on the motor was excellent, so we are in great shape there... Would love to see some photos - email to follow.

As for the transom, yes - it did have some dry-rot areas as did some of the flooring... Since I am in this deep, I want to get everything done and not have to worry about it for years to come... I certainly understand the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" idea, so I'm only hitting the areas in need...

Many thanks!

Jonny

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer

Congrats Johnny....... your way ahead already with it in the water :D. Nice SC ya got..... good luck with it :D

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Who changed the foto uploading stuff?

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

View attachment 108497

Can someone tell me how to get pics to show up for real?

Thanks - Clark

Until then - here is your Jetson's Stern Light

williamk12

Cadet

welcome, you will enjoy this sight as well as your new boat

Jonny C

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Clark,

I noticed something was different with my pics on the last post...

In any case - I could not view your pic! I got this msg;

vBulletin Message
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Hope I can check it out soon.

Jonny

Jonny C

Seaman Apprentice

Thank Jay and William... I've learned a lot in a short period of time... Love the community here, very helpful!

Jonny

Jonny C

Seaman Apprentice

Fantastic, Clark! Thanks so much for posting these... Yes, I very much would like to get my hands on one....

Jonny

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Not sure what the deal is with postng picks - maybe EZ will get finished with his OB and tell us:rolleyes:

Anyway - I think SC stopped those cool 60's stern lights sometime in the late 60's - but they are definately the one to get - try ebay from time to time

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

I got one of those old lights on a glasser Glastron last week. The bow light has kind of wings on it to

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

I got one of those old lights on a glasser Glastron last week. The bow light has kind of wings on it to

They are worth big money on ebay!

So someone tell me how to do the pics!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Well bro, you already have the photobucket account so it's easy!

Just click on the "IMG CODE" in your pb and it will automatically copy it. Paste it in your post. Piece of cake man!:)

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Test

JEtsons002.jpg

Meet George Jetson.....Jane his wife........remember when he pulls his wallet out to give a bill and she just grabs his wallet?

Jonny C

Seaman Apprentice

That is sweet! And yes, the opening sequence to the show was genius...

yooperangler

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That light is really sharp!! You can re size the pics in photobucket as well I think I usually post 320x480 or something like that smaller than original anyway unless its a close up detail pic.

Jonny C

Seaman Apprentice

Hey y'all...

So, I've been thinking about what to do as far as a floor covering in the boat. I have seen so many options discussed, it's become a bit confusing... Raptor Liner has been the latest suggestion and upon research, I think I like the idea of it. Obviously, one drawback to it is if I need to get under the floor, it will be a messy situation to get in... But I don't want anything that can tear or carpeting, which can become overrun with mildew...

Anyway, I am open to suggestions on this, as well as new back-to-back fold down seats... I need those as well.

Thanks!

Jonny

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm a big fan of my marine vinyl floor. http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ezmobee/New Boat/DSCF2504.jpg

As for pictures, they installed an update to the forum software that seems to have broken some things. As usual, iboats just installs these thing without any thought or concern or follow up as to their consequences. This is why I advise everyone not to rely on iboats for their picture host. Photobucket is the way to go. I've found lots of handy uses for mine in addition to posting pictures here.