1973 SRV 220 OV Resto

BobsGlasstream

Commander
Re: 1973 SRV 220 OV Resto

mrdjflores,
Glad you are getting some work done. Like stated by oop's, the routing depends on the location of your pump. Mine just came out into the engine bay and over to the pump they weren't attached anywhere but the pump.
Not sure this is going to help but I hope it gives you some ideas.
Take care and keep it rolling.
Bob

PS. I can take some pics or the lines on the donor boat this weekend if you want.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

well...little work going on...managed to get the floor down and some of the side panels, have to stop there and get the motor set in so i can make sure i get the supports for the seating in at the right height. which beings me to my next oops...lost my pictures of how everything connected together for the engine. have figured it all out except for the routing of the trim cylinder hoses..

anyone have any diagrams or pictures???
:redface:

mebbe this will help? I got the 16 page pdf if ya need it pm me your email address and Ill send ya it...:)

Attachments

• mercruiser-trim-schematic.jpg
    mercruiser-trim-schematic.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

update...engine goes in tomorrow!!!!
have measured, measured and measured again, and it looks like my seats will clear the engine nicely...

have the gauge console rebuilt and in primer...have most of the wiring straightened out...now just need to get me a set of switches to control everything...

have taken many pictures, but do not want to post until i get the seats mounted. don't want to spoil the surprise of my tricked out seating arrangement.

more to come

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Can't wait to see it with your expert upholstery installed!

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

man...2 months since i have posted anything!!!
well...haven't done much to the ol girl for awhile, she's sitting in the backyard, covered up for the winter. Would love to find someplace close by that i can store her indoors, but yet, would still allow me to work on her...

keeping fingers crossed.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

man...where has the time gone....
latest update....
motor never made it in...decided to to a mild rebuild on it...
had a few other projects come up, but hoping to pull her up to the house and get started on her again this week

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi buddy.....the water is gonna get soft real soon.....
i too have lots of other projects coming in and no time for my own boat.....last night i dreamed of putting the upholstery in.......but then the alarm clock went off !.

keep your chin up .....your doin great

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

thanks for the encouragement...the ol girl did get moved around this weekend....needed to cut the grass under the trailer....
while i was at it, decided to uncover her from her winter slumber...all looked good inside...was expecting to see indications that some critters decided to turn her into their winter home...but again, all looking good....needs some clean up from being stored...
been going through my list of things to do, and keep having to rearrange the order of things...

will finish cleaning her up tonight and post some recent pics...

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

well...did some cleaning and started painting the back of the cap.....

IMAG0233.jpg

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

dont know if you can tell much from the previous picture...but i built a new console and rearranged the gauges and throttle control...also moved steering wheel lower, so the guages will be above the wheel....

still trying to get those side windows out....

oops!

Supreme Mariner

man she looks pretty....

arent the side windows a 2 part inside out side flange?

and yes....i did see the console......im encouraged !

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

the side windows go completely in from the outside, there is no flange or anything on the inside

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

painting and staining...

got one side window out....painted more on the cap...
also started some staining...

you can see some of the new paint on the right side, where it is shiny
100_7463.jpg

here is the ski platform with the first coat of Mahogany stain..still need to sand it and put another coat on..
100_7464.jpg

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

finished up most of the other wood trim last night...sand, stain, seal.....the satin finish poly really helped bring out some of the red in the stain....

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

okay...got a couple questions....water pump kit for the outdrive....pre-alpha upper but with alpha lower....which kit?

also, anyone have a lead on some tinted plexiglass or lexan for my sliding side windows? about 3/16" thick...9-1/2" tall and length varies from 4' to 5'

100_0920.jpg

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

okay...need more input....
the aluminum window frames....clean and polish up a bit OR paint them black???

your thoughts??

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Gonna be covering up the boat this week for her winter slumber....but i have many pieces and seats to finish up over the next few months in the warmth of my 'boat shop' that i have setup in my basement...

slow and methodical....

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi bud.....:)

you are just about done......not long now....too bad the winter season gets in our way......im just about done work....and finally have time to do the rest of my boat....it just got used this year...little structural work done to it.....mabe i can get a day or two on it this week.....

then its beddy-bye time for it......:(