1970 Jupiter V 16' Restoration

Floyd M

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Starcraft club can I join ?

Man Rick, I just love that red. Hurry up and get it all painted so I can drool some more.:D

Keith

Rickairmedic

Commander

Keith that is Rustoleum Sunrise red ( which oddly enough you can only seem to get in the quarts) . The only red I could find locally in Gallons was Safety red :eek:. I like the Sunrise better myself and SWMBO says its a close enough match to Coke red LOL. I would love to be out there right now slappin some paint on her but it has been raining since 1AM and is still raining :(. I should have been done sanding today and had some paint on her by now .

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

Keith that is Rustoleum Sunrise red ( which oddly enough you can only seem to get in the quarts) . The only red I could find locally in Gallons was Safety red :eek:. I like the Sunrise better myself and SWMBO says its a close enough match to Coke red LOL. I would love to be out there right now slappin some paint on her but it has been raining since 1AM and is still raining :(. I should have been done sanding today and had some paint on her by now .

Rick

just think, if you go out there and sand now it will be like wet sanding!

Rickairmedic

Commander

just think, if you go out there and sand now it will be like wet sanding!

LOL or slow and painfull electrocution :D. I guess I could break out the Air powered DA but I just got another box of hook and loop 60 grit discs :D. I was ZAPPING myself enough yesterday sandblasting all the rivets so I will pass on sanding in the rain.

Rick

Floyd M

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, the choice of color was great whether it is coca-cola red or not. (Don't tell her I said that though). I am still trying to figure out which blue I am going with. I like the blue that Kev used (Rustoleum Royal Blue) but I also like the Interlux saphire blue. I guess I will just have to decide after I get her all sanded up. BTW, post a pic of the new rivets you put in please. Thanks.

Keith

Rickairmedic

Commander

I can do that Keith . The color issue would be an easy one for me Rustoleum $8-$9.00 a quart Interlux I think is closer to $50-$70.00 a quart :eek:.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Lol... Yep i'd choose my paint based on one color...green...

Have three hr drive to raleigh..just leaving boone, nc...had to check in and tap out a post...I got blisters on me fingas!!!!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Well heck Kev if your that far north you might as well come on up here we can have a sanding party tomorrow :D supposed to be sunny and 79* :eek:. I will sure be happy to get my 90+* weather back boat money is getting tight . Kev be carefull drivin I qm sure its plenty wet down there as well.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

I can do that Keith . The color issue would be an easy one for me Rustoleum $8-$9.00 a quart Interlux I think is closer to $50-$70.00 a quart :eek:.

Rick

wow, so i used 150-210 in paint... without paying a dime for it!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well heck Kev if your that far north you might as well come on up here we can have a sanding party tomorrow :D supposed to be sunny and 79* :eek:. I will sure be happy to get my 90+* weather back boat money is getting tight . Kev be carefull drivin I qm sure its plenty wet down there as well.

Rick

That would be great, cept I have ride alongs tomorrow with my field agents here in RDU...

Yeah, Boone got a little wet..Pretty though..I miss mountains..
I fly outta Charlotte Friday night, but also have an agent to ride along with in SC, we have some business in Greenville..man what a long arse week it's been...

Rickairmedic

Commander

Well Ok Kev I guess if your stuck with Tagalongs all week I will try to get her sanded and painted by myself before Saturday :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I can tell the boys in the vic to get off their arses and get dirty!!

LOL..What better way to keep on eye on you??

Oh..The guy back home with that 18 foot SS emailed me earlier today that he still has it, but is going out of town and wants to know if I want to come look at her Monday, this is the 300 obo one...arrrrrghh

Attachments

• 18 ft SS 300 obo.jpg
    18 ft SS 300 obo.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 0

Rickairmedic

Commander

So this means monday you will be buying an SS aaaaaaand a 25'X25' Camo tarp huh :D:D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Prob knott..lol

not unless he can wait till the end of the month...

Rickairmedic

Commander

Well see if he will take half a Benny to hold it for what a week and a half :D. Then you dont need the tarp as soon either since you will be hiding it at his house :D:D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

lol..Honey..look what I found for free? really! Money..No no money babe..He gave it to me. He was gonna scrap it!..Here..Come up here and sit..now isnt that nice babe...lol

Ohh yaaaa..I have it alllllllllllllllll in my little twisted head

Rickairmedic

Commander

ROFLMAO Kev my SWMBO actually went with me to get the first boat :D. By number 4 she doesnt even want to hear the word boat outloud around her anymore :D:D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ya..
Diane went with when I looked at the SC..She saw NO DECk and said NO..it doesnt even have floors!!!! (dummy)

She said if you LOVE me you wont buy it..well we know how that worked out..

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev get her on the water and she will change her tune ( then the benifits of the SS can be esplained :D ) . I have way to many expensive hobbies so Janette knows I am gonna spend money on toys its just a matter of which ones LOL. She wanted a simple $50.00 pond I took it up a notch and $1600.00 + later its almost done :D:D.

Rick