1967 Starcraft Jet Rebuilding

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah man! That's what it's all about right there, smooth water and smiles :thumb:

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Awesome smiles all around! CONGRATS! on getting her splashed. :D

I see FR is helping you on the wiring, get that figured out and if it doesn't cure the idle problem then you'll just have to start through the basics.

Took me a summer to get my 50 figured out but now even though she's still ugly she's safe and reliable.

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thank you! To all of you for the help in getting it all restored and rebuilt ... FR is sure a great help around here, informative quite a lot too ... Helped me figure out that it's a true 33EL69 and gave me the right wiring diagram as well as first step to getting her tweaked a little so she don't give out in gear at slooowww oww.. :) also figured my cables some where down half way have been tweaked which stuff makes sense why its so confusing getting the switch all hooked up. I'm hoping that I can either through the winter do a home made type harness with proper setup (wire color, etc..) Or find something relatively within a budget and in good condition to replace just plugging in on the motor.

Last edited by a moderator:

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
So just to update, I'm still working out the tweaks and cabling with the motor and lights but other then that, she's almost done. Just a few more and then going to figure out which nice lake I can take her to in WNY. She kinda small for anything Lake Erie or Ontario.

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
For some reason I don't think I can stay away from improving the Jetstar. I rushed to get it splashed this year, I'll admit to that.

However nor have I found anything bigger, got a buyer for some redicoulous price or can stay away from seeing improvements.

So I might bring it in at the end of the season into the garage again for some upgrades. Add some wood and floatation to it. Being inspired from a few posts I've seen in the Jet thread rebuilding.

So the first plan is to move the rear seats forward, then possibly add a sundeck. By how much do you guys think I can move the seats forward?

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
No matter how finished you think you are, there is always something to do or add, Remember the return on investment gets harder and harder.

That said if you're serious about adding a sun deck I'd start looking at johnboat conversions and how most of those guys build the structure from aluminum and consider decking it as thin as possible since weight will become an issue. Not only as far as total capacity but also since it will be high in the boat.

How far forward to move the seats? How much leg room you want to leave the little ones? might even consider turning them to make a B2B climb over bench of sorts.

64osby

Admiral
A sun deck sounds great, but from a practical stand point not on your Jet.

Your girls would love it, but I would look for a bigger, wider platform to put it on.

Kids only get bigger and then they want to bring friends. A sundeck on an 18 would work, on a 21'er would be even better.

Modding your layout could limit the ability to sell it. Improve the boat to make it more functional and add sale value, but be aware that at some point there are diminishing returns. Money might be better spent on a bigger hull.

http://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/boa/5171952222.html

https://ithaca.craigslist.org/boa/5191342986.html

http://ithaca.craigslist.org/boa/5176928131.html

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
That is true guys. 64osby, thanks for those suggestions... that CR-221 does look good so does price; and its closer then all the others but the sportsman looking good too. Damn! lol ;) I'm feeling little hot... might be the starcraft fever lol.

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
OK in regards to rebuilding, how many of you rebuilding SC used liquid nails ??

BTW I guess I'm in search of a bigger SC while trying to give up the current. If it doesn't I guess gotta talk with the Admiral see if I can scoop some $$$ for a rebuild again.

On the current if she don't sell and I don't find any loose change, I might redo my rear seats with better storage setup, put gas tank to front.

In regards to the wood, I've seen a thread here with someone using a lot of pine into their Jet or Jupiter. Was it Lakeover ... Nah. Gonna have to look.

I guess I won't do any improvements at no return unless I know I'm sticking with my SC for a while. 19+ footer would be awesome take a while to rebuild too I guess.

jbcurt00

Staff member
InMotion used alot of wood.

Not liquid nails, some use PL Premium. Its similar stuff, but better, IMO. And theres always 3M 4200/5200

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
InMotion used alot of wood.

Not liquid nails, some use PL Premium. Its similar stuff, but better, IMO. And theres always 3M 4200/5200

Right InMotion, just found his posts. He had a Jupiter which was same size and he planted a sundeck on there, I'm not much about the sundeck but love the look of the wood and the nice rear storage he did, I just don't want to kill the weight ...

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
Took some new photos after doing some clean of my girl today before I drag her back into the garage since with school I don't think I'll have much of time to use it and secondly I've put her on CL and eBay to see what happens :facepalm:

Looking for that sweet 19' + found a couple but need funding. Anyways, thought I'll post here and update my build.

IMG_20150903_132425220_zpsrmdxoyzv.jpg

IMG_20150903_132344041_zpsby6qoyhc.jpg

IMG_20150903_132358856_zpsnfttauas.jpg

IMG_20150903_132318306_zps6jkjpl8x.jpg

IMG_20150903_132602011_zpsavirdoyj.jpg

IMG_20150903_132547314_zpsiqredvny.jpg

IMG_20150903_132510583_zpssjtqpp2v.jpg

IMG_20150903_132331946_zpszsa0bwmo.jpg

She does present herself real nice. Will be hard to let it go and search, Admiral did like the idea of keep + find / locate + rebuild then sell the Jet. :blue:

jbcurt00

Staff member
And you still put it up for sale????

I think this:
She does present herself real nice. Will be hard to let it go and search, Admiral did like the idea of keep + find / locate + rebuild then sell the Jet. :blue:

Is supposed to read:
Admiral didn't like the idea of keep + find / locate + rebuild then sell the Jet. :blue:

Based on the little blue fella there at the end

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
And you still put it up for sale????

Yeah no idea how I screwed that up, its suppose to be what JB said. Admiral didn't like the idea of searching and having two SC... So one gotta go before other follows me home too.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Perhaps you missed the standard Starmada handbook for understanding the Admiral, I'll loan you mine:
tumblr_nahbpyGK901tp42tfo1_1280.jpg

;)

FYI, thats ^^^ volume 1. There's an advanced course, but I haven't been admitted to that course yet. Gotta pass the intro course 1st :facepalm: