1950's Wagemaker Wolverine wooden boat restoration ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
.....if its the latter,im in!:D

You would fit right in ! Mostly the Admiral and daughter ride around playing the Pokémon go game on there tablets ..
They do poker runs and every year all the carts get dressed up with lights and they have a parade around the island for Christmas.... Mostly they get EVERY dog in the hood barking ! :lol:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Just picked up new to me refurb laptop. Amazing speed and pic dif. love the work going on. And I'm w/Zool. Straws, ice, etc...Glad you got some temps to work with Sam. Seems like Micky came out of his cave too!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hi Guys

Interesting project & looking good.

Regarding Planer Snipe -- Hoping it's OK if I comment

This may be old news but :

The snipe is often caused as the work leaves the input roller

You may want to try feeding a scrap piece that the same thickness directly behind the first piece -- as in contacting the back. Works well on my current grizzly 20 inch planer and an older delta 12" we used at a window company. N

Also --// when running multiple boards I try to keep them back to back and or cut to length after planing.

Your results may vary but hope this helps.

Hey chime in anytime!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Sam if you want to make the OTF Kick a bit faster use a 50/50 mix of Mineral Spirits and acetone.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hi Guys

Interesting project & looking good.

-- Hoping it's OK if I comment.

Welcome aboard !
WC , chime in anytime ! Any advise is helpful ..Until about a week ago I’ve never even heard of snipe .
I can’t say that I’m new to working with wood . But I can say that i’m New to working good with wood ! :facepalm:
:lol:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Sam if you want to make the OTF Kick a bit faster use a 50/50 mix of Mineral Spirits and acetone.

You mean add acetone to the OTF ?
Theres 2 quarts of MS in it now ...
I guess I will try and spray the varnish . So I picked up a gal of naphtha.
Thats what Epifanes said to use for spraying ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
If this thing don’t turn out nice it won’t be for lack of effort that’s for sure !
Gave it a good scrub with the OA ... About 3 or 4 times on the black stains on the rail ...
A little splotchy on the bow .. I don’t think I should have used the 2 part bleach on the spots because it made the wood around the spots to light ...
13E2A01D-5D72-4014-9F5F-CBAE89452D17.jpegFE4B2038-AEF8-46BC-8EF1-19B33CDF4630.jpeg6E4087B3-D435-4AB3-BC00-9FDEE392FB31.jpegD8ADF48E-FC84-401B-90DF-4739077B4F26.jpeg

zool

Captain
She looks great sam!.....still trying to figure out how u get permission to work on the boat on Christmas Eve ...Im hiding from stated chores as we speak lol

Merry Christmas!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Merry Christmas Zool !
Not much else going on here today .. Already took care of all the running around so had most of the day to do whatever .

zool

Captain
Is that just one coat?...It looks like the spraying went well.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Is that just one coat?...It looks like the spraying went well.

I wish it was varnish ! It’s just wet from rinsing the acid off .
Who ever guesses what’s next wins a rubber biscuit !

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Merry Christmas! i cant wait to get back on mine , tomorrow is spent but rest of week ill get some time to start buttoning things up im hoping:)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Didn't realize you had the OTF already mixed. Sooooo just add a 1/4 cup of acetone per quart of OTF and it'll dry a bit quicker.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks guys and I hope you all had a joyous Christmas !
Ya know 4 days sure go by quick when your sanding ...
I think I’ll be sanding all the way to splash day ! Need to get everything down to 120 grit ..Started that today ..Then I need to stain the inside of the hull .. I guess then the varnish can start ...The seats will need to be thrown in the mix also ...
And the trailer ..Plus I need to do something with all the hardware .. Rechrome or clean up or something..