16' Nescher ski boat complete restore- SPLASHED!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Re: 16' Nescher ski boat complete restore

Thanks guys, no work on the boat tonight....had to work on a project for a friend. I'm planning on cleaning up the shop tomorrow afternoon and getting back at it. Looks like a decent weekend for it, can't wait to get things rolling again!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Well arch,
I'm not sure I could improve on all the others statements. Miss Morgan will turn heads anywhere she goes. Even going down the road. She looks great.
Can't wait to see her finished.
Glad Murphy stayed at my house and away from you this time.
Take care
Bob

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Absolutely beautiful! Definitely show quality. What gauges did you end up ordering?

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Faria Chesapeake series in white.....can't wait to get them! By the way I hope my post are helpful to some of you reading....hopefully my learning curve will make your restores easier.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

The guages came in today....very happy with the way they look. I'm headed out to the shop to do some cleaning and figure out what to do next!

IMG_3110.jpg

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Ok I have a question for everyone. My friend David K has suggested just painting the top half of the boat solid silver......which I think would look good.....but I also would like to be true to the original scheme with the silver stripe and the main color as red....what do you guys think?:confused::confused:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I agree with David.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey arch,
I'm sure that the boat would look great either way, but I like the original plan.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I'm really split at this point....I have modified the original stripe on the back and side already.....I might try to come up with a hybrid between the two....any thoughts? I have even pondered some flames, which is weird since I'm not that big on flames....

tallcanadian

Captain

Maybe the silver on top with a red stripe or stripes, that match the hull, running along the bow area, running from the windshield to the bow. Just my 2 pennies.

chrisroberts916

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Keep to the original scheme, the top will look awsome in red. Your doing a great job and no matter what you decide it will look great. I just think the red will "shazam" more in the sun and on the water than the silver.

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

Arch- I thought the same thing as David K when I saw it sitting there with the grey primer on the top. But at the same time I can see the red even better. The silver stripe in between will make the top and bottom really reds really pop!

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

kinda depends on the color scheme of the inside of the boat...i think if you do the top silver, it would accent the interior if you do the interior two tone, the same red on the hull and the same silver on the top

Donkey

Seaman Apprentice

For fear of being unable to describe my thoughts adequately. Here is a picture of my thought on color scheme. I think that the red adds much more to the personality of the boat. I think that with all of the work you have put in, I feel like the silver might detract from the full beauty of the boat. I had a truck that I painted all silver. Although this made the truck look very clean, it did nothing more than to help it to "blend in" which is what I was looking for. A stripe of silver is the perfect color to break up the red, though...$0.02

primer2.jpg

Friscoboater

Captain

I like the original plan too.

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

I like the red silver stripe red on top combination, just seems right.

bacafrog

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I like what Donkey has come up with. I think having to much Silver on top would take away from the overall appearance. Not to mention the glare of the sun coming off of the sliver.

Did you get the gauges in a kit, or buy them separate?

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

I have pondered the thought of flames and the silver compared to your original idea. Don't do it- stick with the original plan of red on top:)

I showed you boat to the owners of the boat place I go to. They are 1960's period guys. They all agreed to stick with your original idea too.

I got some pics of my trailer options- I will post them when I get a chance.

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

not sure what the original scheme is, remember silver will reflect the sun more, create more glare, i think go with your gut, i think primarilly red on top would be slick, maybe scallops, like they do on hotrods. in the end its your boat, your choice. really awesome job arch keep up the great work.
D

seamorewaterVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

not sure what the original scheme is, remember silver will reflect the sun more, create more glare, i think go with your gut, i think primarilly red on top would be slick, maybe scallops, like they do on hotrods. in the end its your boat, your choice. really awesome job arch keep up the great work.
D

just gonna throw it our there. two silver stripes about 6" wide about 16" from center. It is going to be a fast boat might as well give it some racing stripes.