FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
So this issue started the last time i took the boat out last year. I was on plane coming into where i would slow to 6kts and the boat just dies, just like i turned the key off. I was a little worried so i just putted back to the dock with no issue and waited til the spring. So now i have...
I am having an issue replacing my kill switch on my boat. The switch is off of a OMC style switch for a 1996 evinrude 175 hp. With the new switch, it will work the normal way. Does anyone know if there is different types of switches? The one that i have on my boat (bad one) was a push-in...
ok, i am going to try to describe this to the best of my ability. I have a 1996 175 HP Evinrude that starts on the first try and runs very well. I have a rough idle when you are in calm water which i dont understand, because when trolling you really dont notice it. That is my small issue. i...
I purchased this boat at the beginning of this year with the motor above. I took it out a total of 6-7 time and burned about 60 gallons of fuel. My real question is this, the guy i bought it from has always used premium fuel. I know that this engine can use 87 octane but since he has always...