FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey Guys I have searched not only IBoats but also all over the internet about this subject. I got my Suzuki DT75 out on the water yesterday but have noticed that it doesn't want to stay idling without increasing the fast idle lever. I can get it to sometimes stay idle but it depends.
I have...
Re: Carb Inlet broken on DT75 1987
deejay thanks for responding. Attached is a picture showing how it snapped. I can't seem to find the other plastic piece so trying to epoxy it back in place is a bit impossible lol
Hopefully you have a idea because everything I have thought of seems to not...
Engine Year - 1987
Engine Model - Suzuki DT75
Serial - 07501-7077**
Carb in question - 3rd carb at the bottom
Problem - I being the idiot I am dropped the carb the wrong way on my workbench. The black plastic Carb Fuel inlet on the third bottom carb broke. The inlet that broke off is the main...
Re: Good Old 80's Cajun Espire.. Deck Repair
Hey Dave,
Thanks for replying :P I will definitely give you a call sooner or later this week.... was trying to get the new transom cut and glassed before the rain started kicking the end of this week... anyways what i did to prep and cut etc...
Re: Good Old 80's Cajun Espire.. Deck Repair
Hey Cad thanks for the last reply. So I know you have done a resto on a cajun boat... I am wondering if you have ever seen what is going on with this glass? I am going to ask Yacht Dr as he actually lives by me and I have visited him once already to...
Re: Good Old 80's Cajun Espire.. Deck Repair
Well guy's I have been busy and didn't have a chance to really work on the boat for a while... Anyways I have now gotten the top cap off - A few weeks ago and today I have decided to break out the good old grinder saw and Respirator and go at it... I...
Hey Guy's... I am working on a restore which is posted in the restore section. I wanted to ask for a few opinions from people to see what everyone thinks on other item's for my boat once I am done redoing the transom and the floor.
This boat is a Cajun Espire Espirit 1987... It has a Suzuki...
Re: Good Old 80's Cajun Espire.. Deck Repair
Hey thanks for the advice attached are a few more pictures... I went and snapped them real fast after I saw your reply to try and get a better view. Tell me if you need other picture's or angles etc... I am just trying to figure out the best way to...
Re: Good Old 80's Cajun Espire.. Deck Repair
Hey Yacht... Thanks a bundle for replying lol I have been posting and realized so many other threads get all of these replies and I haven't gotten very much at all... I just kept posting to keep updates in hopes that someone would see... I live in...
Re: Good Old 80's Cajun Espire.. Deck Repair
Thanks for the reply man. yea I agree I really am proud of my stand haha I am 19 but I think I did a pretty good job coming up with that idea... My dad got home from work and was laughing his *** off that I actually got the engine off. Anyways...
Re: Good Old 80's Cajun Espire.. Deck Repair
Alright guys I Have made some progress the engine is off I built the stand that is found in the References threads on here but than I also built my own addition to it because I am one guy trying to remove a engine. I built a kinda gantry type thing...
Re: Good Old 80's Cajun Espire.. Deck Repair
Cad or anyone else with some experience in this. I took a few more pictures and wanted another opinion.
As you can see in the following pictures I took two pics of the transom I wanted some opinions on if you see anything major going from them. I...
Re: Good Old 80's Cajun Espire.. Deck Repair
This is a picture of the boat... Thank you for your reply... I do see that a few people have posted about removing the top cap... I am wondering what does it entail on this boat can you tell at all from this picture I mean where do I start? I am...
Hey Guy's... Long time lurker first time to sign up and post. I admire some of the great work alot of you have done on your boats and some of the restorations you guy's have done they are amazing. I am 19 and I inherited this boat from my grandpa when he passed away... I have alot of memories on...