FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey guys!
I'm working on a 1967 Horizon 15' speedboat. Whatever was used to seal the floor is starting to crack. I'm completely new to this and I have no idea where to begin. I have found some good epoxy sealers but I'm not sure if anything will stick to the old floor or if I have to strip it...
I'm back at work on the boat I bought last year and never got fixed. It's a 1968 Johnson v4 Golden Meteor, electramatic , and has the belt driven distributor. I don't get water passed the thermostat housing. When looking at the rear of the engine, the hole on the far right of the...
I recently bought a 16" fiberglass boat with a 100hp Johnson. I just took the boat to the lake to test the engine and it ran great! Now I am wondering about the condition of the transom. There is a large crack in one of the corners and spider web cracks in the opposite corner. It looks like...
I have been thinking I have a cooling issue with my newly aquired 100hp Johnson so I pulled the thermostat housing off to check for water flow. With the engine running zero water came out. I have watched a few videos on changing them but I can't find one for this engine, is it similar to newer...
Where should the water be exiting from ? A small amount comes out of the exhaust which I read is normal . Is that the only exit ? I looked for a small hole on the rear as I have seen on other outboards but I am 100% positive there is NO hole . I'm getting ready to take it out on the lake but...
I have a 1966 Johnson v4 100hp outboard with the electric shift .. It doesn't have power out of the pulse pack while Cranking , thus no spark . It does have 12v TO the pulse pack . The weird part is that it does not engage the starter when you pull the lever on the shift box to the START...