Boat Names

ttownguy

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Boat Names

I'm new here. I was hopeing i could get some name suggestions from some of you guys out there. I have my first boat, an early 80's Baja 18' bowrider 3L 140, and cant come up with a name for it. My wife and I are both Pilots and i would like the name to tie into aviation some how. Any ideas ??
I like a lot ot the names on here, just havent found the right one yet
Thanks for the help.

I'm a pilot with a nameless boat too...my favorite in bold.

Nile High Club
Cleared for Takeoff
Hold Short
Baja One-Four-Zulu (phonetically for 140...sounds like an aircraft call sign, or Zero instead of Zulu)
Ground Effect
Prop Strike
Tail Strike
Hard Landing
Light Turbulence
Say Again
Don't Call Me Shirley
GUMP
Clear Prop!
Knotty (nautical term too)
Knot For Sale (or Hire)

mswalter2009

Seaman Apprentice
Fujig

Fujig

FUJIG saw this on a 50+ sportfisher. Someone went over to the boat and asked the guy what it means. "Just got a divorce from my wife Janet. F#@$ U Janet I'm Gone is what it means".

darkesabre

Cadet

I am a noob to the forum and have been getting a great education just browsing and reading. We just bought a 16' tri-hull not sure of the brand yet. No name on the boat. My son suggested naming it DeBrager, A mix of my last name,Sager, and my wife's maiden name DeBruin. I thought about it and remembered that her family is from Green Bay. Whenever we have family gatherings" I need another beer " is spoken so often by the in-laws I made a play on their name and we have named the boat DaBeerrun. Now only if MCSO finds it funny.....

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Well, we have been thru a small handful of boats over the past two years, always trading up. Looks like we finally settled on one to keep. Wife want to call her...Our Escape...

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i havent read this one in a while.

now i have another boat (its in my avatar) im wanting to name it but havent found the right name just yet.

im gonna go back and read through all your posts, since you guys seem pretty inventive, but will not steal a name without the owners permission.

its a '78 suprabass made by bassmaster...............she aint got the best paint job in the world but shes shinier than the other 3 i have.:D

ill get some bigger pics and post them and maybe yall can help me name mine too.

zeek7pc

Cadet

My boat looks as big as a horse in my driveway, and it's a badass boat. So we came up with "Bad Horsie". My 2 year old thinks it's the greatest name ever.

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer

I've got a 12 foot aluminum boat and trailer...all plain silver metal.

My girl calls it "Silver Fox" from the movie Grandma's Boy :D

phleb0rose

Cadet

We have a new to us 85 starcraft when we registered the trailer the plates said SRY.....thinking of naming it Sorry, or else it will be named Dickens Delight, any ideas??

j_martin

Admiral

Past era Forester "bass" boat trihull with a 70 hp Force on it.

BASSTURD

slvrwolf1

Seaman

I am not superstitious or anything but wife is and she wants me to ask has anyone heard if it is bad luck to change the name on your boat LOL. I just got a boat "poor boy yacht" and she doesnt like the name. I told her come up with one and we will change it but someone said it was bad luck and she got scared LOL .

phleb0rose

Cadet

How do you find out if a name has already been used? :confused: Can two boats have the same name? We were wanting to name ours "On a whim" but it is taken. Guess we'll have to name her "On a N'ocean" I think I like that better anyway! :D

darkesabre

Cadet

My first boat was named "The Turd" because it was so ugly. 16 foot lime green Lone Star with an old 59 Evinrude. Ran great, but it sure was ugly! Haven't gotten around to naming this one yet. But with that nasty lime green anti-fouling paint on the bottom, Turd 2 may not be a stretch!

What about Cantpolishaturd?

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I saw a great one last summer in the local marina- seems relevant to the last couple posts:

See, the local sewer project (deep tunnel sewer storage) that has cost millions of dollars still doesn't work great and when it rains heavily, the excess untreated sewage gets diverted into our rivers and Lake Michigan. Sometimes have to close the beaches!!:mad:

So , the name "Terd Dodger " seemed appropriate for one owner.

77GALAXIE

Cadet

My wifes grand father named his Chris Craft Yaught ( Dam fi no ). Thats what his wife said when he asked what to name it.

I named mine ( Rig Down ) because everytime I even get close to her my phone rings and I have to fly out to some Drilling Rig that is "Rig Down".

lowell7963

Seaman Apprentice

I got my boat last year and haven't renamed her yet. The handle on it now is "Tears to Roses". Not sure of the history but sounds like a solution to a mariage gone seperate ways.

countvlad

Chief Petty Officer

i named mine DEEZ KNOTZ used to be DEEZ NUTZ, since i got a big Johnson in the back.... :D

fiance loves to get on Deez knotz she loves the powerful johnson too hahaha

notaz3

Seaman Apprentice

We are trying to decide between Kelewaa, our street name (before we moved) meaning "canoe steerer". Or Kai?lani, my daughters middle name meaning Sea-sky.

I want to use ?dairy-air? because we now live where there are a lot of dairy farms, and sometimes the air has an aroma.