Which model rules iboats?

Which model rules iboats?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Re: Which model rules iboats?

It appears I am somewhat outnumbered here with my Chieftain... oh well, I love cabin cruisers.... cool "big boat" look to 'em

WesMason

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hilarious HA:D

Bananaboater - Jet = righteousness. No plotting schemes...not needed.

Circumcision of the bow...wow! Now there's a fine visual for ya! :eek:

bananaboater

Ensign

Moderators, what gives?

Every time I open up this Starcraft thread it shows wesmason as a NEW response when his original was at least a month ago. It keeps updating his date and time to just a few minutes ago.

Any ideas?

Maybe with this new post it will stop.

Last edited:

Huron Angler

Admiral

Moderators, what gives?

Every time I open up this Starcraft thread it shows wesmason as a NEW response when his original was at least a month ago. It keeps updating his date and time to just a few minutes ago.

Any ideas?

Maybe with this new post it will stop.

Anytime somebody votes in the poll it shows it as a new response. One reason that polls are somewhat annoying on this site.(this one being an exception to the rule of course;))

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey, I cant add my new addition?

dozerII

Admiral

The poll won't let me vote again, that's not right as now with two SS I should be able to.LOL
Glen

kyles v221 islander

Seaman Apprentice

Ok my 2 cents!
1987 Starcraft Islander V221
How many of us are out there?

Attachments

• 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

In fact arent SS's really a Holiday thats missing some tin on the bow?

huh. they're both just Starchiefs that someone sawed the cabin off of for use as a pickup camper shell........:p

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

I did the waiting game with a lady down the street on a conversion Van. A 1987 Dodge 3/4 ton in wonderful condition 51 K actual miles, I waited for 9 years to buy it She asked me if 500 dollars was to much and I almost ran all the way home to get the cash. LOL waiting can be usefull as he may want to quiet you down and make a great buy on a nice boat. Ed

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

in fact arent ss's really a holiday thats missing some tin on the bow?

huh. They're both just starchiefs that someone sawed the cabin off of for use as a pickup camper shell........:p

ha!!!!!:d

starcraftkid

Petty Officer 1st Class

Added my two to the poll, one 1967 Starchief, and one '73 Capri 17 which I just acquired.

If you pull off the top from a Starchief, it looks more like a Holiday than anything else. The dash area and gunwales are all there intact, but if you pull off the forward bow deck, you will be missing the inner gunwale supports.
I had at one time considered putting a second helm and controls on the inside of my Starchief for rainy day use but figured visibility would be too much of an issue. I instead bought a full enclosure for the outside which keeps both sun and rain off me.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

I'm not sure if anyone here has told you but, we need pictures. It's mandatory in order to receive you're Starmada card.

So cowboy up and let me see that Starchief! Oh yea the fiberglass one too.:p

Don

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I'm not sure if anyone here has told you but, we need pictures. It's mandatory in order to receive you're Starmada card.

So cowboy up and let me see that Starchief! Oh yea the fiberglass one too.:p

Don

Nahhhh..Just the Chief..lol:D

starcraftkid

Petty Officer 1st Class

Pics of the 'itchy' boat (Capri 17) can be seen here at a former post:
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=414139
I'm still ordering parts and finishing up the deck.

The Starchief has been here for a few years, it too will be due for a deck soon.
This pic is old, it was the one the seller used on CL back when a buddy of mine first found it. He bought nearly the identical boat around the same time, both from CL, both within a few miles of each other.
I've since tossed the older motor in favor of a 1990 115, which actually runs stronger than the old motor did. I sold the old motor pretty fast on CL, even without a working tilt and trim. The two fold down seats are gone too, in favor of two newer white plastic seats. I've been knocking around ideas on how to rearrange the floor plan a bit. Right now it's got two seat boxes with short pedestals mounted on each box. Each seat box houses a 12 gallon fuel tank. The transom is original, but still rock solid, the deck has some well worn spots between the seats. Most likely from water getting into the seat boxes and not draining well. After this season, it's getting redone.

Attachments

• Starchief 1968.jpg
    Starchief 1968.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0

jetstreakdave

Petty Officer 3rd Class

chieftans would rule if there were many around. After all the saying stands true "go big or go home" lol

ammo

Seaman Apprentice

bet mine has the least owners and its not even listed, lol, 16' NOVA

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had to vote "other" - cause us Mariners don't have an official category. Lotta ss owners out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.