Which model rules iboats?

Which model rules iboats?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: Which model rules iboats?

Sorry about the lack of the Mariner catagory Matt..

But I added up all of us Starcrafters here that voted...177 lunatics are running the asylum! :D

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice. Love the term "Starmada". Do we have a secret handshake or anything? Wait, I know... tattoos.

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

i'm not scared of THEM any more....ever since i lined the bimini with tinfoil, the black helicopters can't target the Predator drones on me.:cool:

and then i go into the aluminum cabin and become wholly invisible to them

fshngho

Lieutenant

Barato, have you been walking around in the desert without your hat on again? Time to go inside and take your meds, we will watch for the black helicopters:rolleyes:

wooooo woooooo:confused:

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

i love the smell of carb spray in the morning......:p

i joke, but you should see the # of gummint helis one sees flying over here just north of the border. i should file FOIA requests to get aerial photos of the progress on my boat....

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

i'm not scared of THEM any more....ever since i lined the bimini with tinfoil, the black helicopters can't target the Predator drones on me.:cool:

and then i go into the aluminum cabin and become wholly invisible to them

Dude it's Google you need to be afraid of. They keep track of everything. There is no such thing as "cyber" tinfoil either.

69mustang

Recruit

Hey! What about the rare Offshore model. only built in 1971 I think

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Welcome to the forum 69Mustang!

Yep pretty rare....but it didnt pop into my head when I made this poll..
Also another rare on is the NOVA...which I never knew about me..

fshngho

Lieutenant

Mustang, I have an Offshore 18' but never knew the exact year. What info do you have on them?

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

yeah, it is nice fabrication work. but 900 lbs for 140hp? sounds like an I/O, for a lot more $........:rolleyes:

dozerII

Admiral

That's crazy, he did a great job on the project but boy does it sit low in the water at the transom, even with the concrete in the bow.
Glen

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

No matter how many times I read that thread I am still thrown off by pouring concrete in the hull of a boat.:eek:

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

I wouldn't be suprised if that boat is close to the max weight with no passengers in it. Would you take that bad boy out on Saginaw Bay Jas? How about Lake Erie? Even your mullet couldn't keep it afloat when the waves kicked up a bit. Following seas would be a blast eh?

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

he must have misheard the old saw about a hole in the water and thought they said "concrete" not "money"..........:p

at'sa lotta damn pool noodles just to float the ballast

Huron Angler

Admiral

No matter how many times I read that thread I am still thrown off by pouring concrete in the hull of a boat.:eek:

He was trying to make the boat "float" better apparently by adding weight. I am perplexed by this also.:confused:

If I ever use a ballast it is temporary ice, food, drinks, fuel, etc. Adding the weight permanently is no good in my book.

Glad we are in agreement there.:)

sasto

Captain

Not mine!......I don't own one. Over 10,000hrs over the last 15 years and none are mine. The Admiral owns one :) that she let's me drive once in awhile.

on second thaught.....a kayak!

fishrdan

Admiral

What I don't understand.... Why didn't he shove the fuel tank all the way forward? Less # on the stern, more # on the bow???? Probably the same weight as that block of concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.