16' Nescher ski boat complete restore- SPLASHED!!

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 16' Nescher ski boat complete restore

Ok thats it next boat I'm painting. Gelcoat was way too much work and your boat looks much better than mine. Incredible job you should be very proud of her. Now you will be like me: Afraid to launch and dock her as you may scratch it.

kcatto

Seaman

NOW thats what I was talking about.....Nothing looks better than a great paint job in the sun!!!!

She is Beautiful.... Arch you have done wonders with miss Morgan...

wow is all I can say... Amazing work you should be proud....

I cannot wait to see the trailer with it's new skins with the boat...

max will look quite proper in his new tuxedo attached to such a pretty lady...

keven

Boater45

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for all the comments guys! Tonight I moved her to my garage, and took Max out to the paint booth...all nice and tucked in waiting for fresh paint! Here is a shot of Miss Morgan in the sun tonight!

IMG_0083.jpg

The plan is to get Max prepped on Saturday, and painted on Monday. Then break down the paint booth and get started putting her together! This will be the fun part!

Very nice Arch :)

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where is the tree??

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I hope the tree is still in Stillwater, where I picked up the boat! Gone are the days of Miss Morgan being used as a planter! I hear you skibum, I fear that first scratch.....:eek: but it is just a boat, I'll get over it! Fenders?:eek: I haven't even thought about that! Maybe Mick will have some ideas on that:D! Hopefully I will get a little work done on Max tonight....I can't wait to get paint on him!

Friscoboater

Captain

If it is like alot a great paint jobs, the pictures do not do it justice. I cannot wait to see it in person.

kcatto

Seaman

arch,

what was the paint you used on miss morgan?

Acrylic enamel? kinda looks like it....

keven

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Extremely well done Arch! One of the best restos I've seen on this site. After seeing it painted and how cool the interior will be I kinda wish (and don't flame me for this guys:D) that you'd gotten a more custom steering wheel. Something with a bit more bling to match the gauges and the paint.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

The paint is Dupont Chroma Base. I plan on upgrading steering wheels later, tight on the budget right now!

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

I'm not even going to talk about the trailer anymore- the quality of work shows and no need to speed things up. The fenders will look great when they are on though;)

Here is the wheel I just ordered last night- I already got the shipping confirmation this morning too. Very reasonably priced for a stainless and in my opinion timeless wheel.

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/pc/S...+Wheels/Stainless+3+Spoke+Steering+Wheel.html

wa_ssv197

Petty Officer 1st Class

My personal experience, I wouldn't recommend a solid steel wheel, too hot in the heat.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Well maybe next winter I will look at wheels, right now I'm just ready to get her on the water!

coostv

Petty Officer 1st Class

Coostv, I will have to check on my gun....its just a gravity feed Devilibis, typical automotive gun. The clear is a DuPont, urethane mulit-use panel clear. I can get the number if you want it.

Just being curious, I have been painting cars for many years and am always curious to know what people are using to achieve their results. I have a few guns but for overalls my go to gun is a DeVilbiss Plus.

I know the clear, I have never used it though.

Good job, looks great sitting out in the sun!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Arch,

Miss Morgan is a thing a beauty. When do you expect to have the seats back from the upholsterer?

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Devillibis makes great guns...still need to check which one I have....sorry. As for the seats we are a couple of weeks out, but there is a lot to do before then! First is getting Max looking sharp this weekend! I can't wait to get going tomorrow!:D:D:D:D

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Arch is it me or are you babing those fenders I remember when you spent all that time on prep work on miss Morgan and you also were constantly preping those fenders I can't even remember the last time I saw them but if miss Mrgan is any reflection of things to come those babies should set this project off. And one more time this has been just a great job by you and you should try to @ least get her to a boat or car show it simply looks that good

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Well arch,
As i expected Miss Morgan turned out really special. The sun really bring out her true beauty.
Keep it rolling.
Bob

KnightWolf

Petty Officer 1st Class

Arch Great job throughout.. I only wish my boat was not similar in style to yours now you've put the bar so high your gonna cost me a fortune to keep up. and I have not started yet. I was not gonna mess with my trailer butt yours looks so dang purty and Miss Morgan is well....Miss Morgan just IS. But maybe I can show the wife the potential and get some leeway in finances........and garage time.:D

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Arch,

She is the bell of the ball for sure! Outstanding Job, I look forward to see her in the water! Keep up all the good work!