Who's going out this weekend

tmfd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Who's going out this weekend

We are heading up north to the cottage for a week starting Friday. Small lake that we are on, nice ramp and not that busy. I'll probably put the boat in Saturday morning, maybe Friday night. I rarely have to wait for anyone else at this ramp, which is nice. Then as long as the weather holds, I'll just tie up to our dock.
Weather report for northern lower Michigan is for sunny skies and upper 70's through Monday, woo hoo!!!!!:D

83Evinrude

Petty Officer 1st Class

We will be camping all weekend, it won't be that bad on the lake especially with the forecast being for 67-74deg and 60% chance of rain.

Oh well, hopefully the winds will be light and we will take shorty's to ski in. All this "Global Warming" sure has kept the temps low in our area most all year. Normally we are in the water most of the Labor Day weekend but the lake has cooled off early this year.

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Of course! Why would a SHT crazie not go? Y'all need me out there to write about on Tuesday. I'm sharpening my prop so I can cut anchor lines, loading cinderblocks in the back of the boat to make bigger wake when I pass the fishermen and docks, and taking a soccer team to go swimming at the ramp. Also borrowing a friend's pontoon boat to wedge sideways at the ramp.

See ya!

Truthfully, I'll probably go fishing if the NE wind lays down but I go places where crazies don't. The boat's in the water so ramps aren't an issue.

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

OMG it didn't even occur to me that it was a long weekend. The local lake is gonna be a nightmare...maybe I'll head up north...uh..no...that won't work. Hell with it, gonna hit the big lake this weekend. The ramps a bit smaller but not as crowded typically, and there'll be somewhere to go alone and be quiet with the fishes...it's a big lake (Ontario).

Ian

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer

Of course! Why would a SHT crazie not go? Y'all need me out there to write about on Tuesday. I'm sharpening my prop so I can cut anchor lines, loading cinderblocks in the back of the boat to make bigger wake when I pass the fishermen and docks, and taking a soccer team to go swimming at the ramp. Also borrowing a friend's pontoon boat to wedge sideways at the ramp.

See ya!

Don't forget you have to wait until you're backing down the ramp before you load everything in the boat and put the plug in.:eek: While you're there, why not give the 'toons a thorough examining, just to make sure they're in good working order. . .:D

Sad to say there will be many instances of this this weekend. Good news for me (I guess) is that it's a 60% chance of rain Saturday, and 40% chance on Sunday, so hopefully it deters many people from going out. The great thing is that the storms last less than a half an hour, and then you got sunny skies!! Of course I'm not telling all the other boaters around here. .;)

werthert

Petty Officer 1st Class

New boat AND new boat owner and I will be out on the water Fri-Mon.

That said, I am very careful/cautious because I do not want to do any of the boating mistakes I've read on here (and learned from) over the past two months. I'll probably be too scared to go fast enough to even get her on plane with all the traffic... Going to go from the 1mm (marina) to 18mm (camp site) on Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

Bluepike

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Shhhhh. Can you hear 'em?

That's the sound of all those fish out in the lake saying 'Catch me if you can!"

It is your duty to go out and bring a few home for dinner. I'll be out here from Friday until Monday evening except for coming home to empty the fish cooler.

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

I'm going out. I know it will be busy but I plan to hit Lake Erie. I figure if I go early, the ramps won't be as busy, and once out there, the lake is big enough that it won't be people tripping over each other. I'll avoid the river.

wyocobra

Seaman Apprentice

I am! :D Going to Boysen Reservoir up near Thermopolis, WY. This will only be the second time I've ever piloted my own boat. My father-in-law has a slip and a house by the water that he is kind enough to let us use. Can't wait!

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

the lake is big enough that it won't be people tripping over each other.

Oh, you poor soul. The crazies look for the boat trying to avoid everyone else. They WILL find you:eek:.

MRS

Commander

Lake Mohave, going to brave the madness and probably end up shouting obscenities at my "fellow boaters" and my wife ending up screaming at me :)

:eek::eek: GOOD LUCK, you are a brave soul....:eek::eek:

shorts&chanclas

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nope. Not enough water and ramps open down here. The two regional lakes have a combined 5 public ramps open right now. Most private ramps have been high and dry for close to 2 years.

JeepinGunGuy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We will be out all weekend. Rented a slip so I only have to deal with the ramp Friday when I drop her in and Monday when I pull her out.

skargo

Banned

I'm glad I'm on the bay, there's enough water for everyone. I was out for Memorial day, and 4th of July weekend and while there was more traffic, and more idiots, it was easy to find relatively calm water.

PitchFork

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll be out on Lake Lanier enjoying our usual weekend activity it will just be a little busier. At least 99 of 104 ramps are open unlike last year only 14 were open. We will go to our friends house that lives on the lake in a nice uncrowded cove great for wakeboarding.

mayorjones

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If you are in the St Augustine area we will have a Margarita machine running all weekend:)[/QUOTE said:
How do you run that while on the water - have a plug in on your boat? We have a Marg. machine as well, but no electricity on the boat or sand bar we prefer :(