America has spoken

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: America has spoken

custombycrunch said:
Haut said:
OJ, ya listened to Rush all day & that's all ya got?
Rush must be getting all wet, too!
Because he is peeing his pants, now that the Dems. are poised to be in the driver's seat! :love: :)

You're kidding, right?... this will be MEAT and potatoes for Rush.

Rush will have the time of his life.Although he will have to make a change in his programming.He will no longer have to conjure events that might or could have happened.He will have to react to actual happenings

oddjob

Commander

I listened at lunch time. But not about what just said. Today Rush was discussing how the media is reporting (again out of contense) what he said of the election results. They said, that he said, that he has been lying to conservatives for the last eight years. Tyipical.

Anyone, with half a brain can read what he said, but the half brains wont because their media lied the bed made they made for them (libs). Wow! that was profound.....:love:

woodrat

Ensign

Anything and everything is meat and potatoes for windbag ideologues like Rush.

And I'm certain that he and his ilk will continue to conjure up non-events all day long. And thousands of his sheep... I mean 'dittoheads' (was there ever a more appropirate nomenclature?) ...will tune in every day and then go out into the sunlight like zombies, repeating everything Rush said as if it were God's own truth.

But hey, at least now when he whines about how the democrats are ruining the neocon agenda, there might be a grain of truth to it!

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Woodrat, I think "Doodyheads" would be more appropriate! d:).....JK

txswinner

Banned

rush is as big a joke as W.

When the Repub took over all that was heard was the people have spoken. Now some one to say the new congress was not elected by the people. Can't have it both ways.

BRING HOME THE TROOPS THAT IS A PLAN

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

txswinner said:
rush is as big a joke as W.

When the Repub took over all that was heard was the people have spoken. Now some one to say the new congress was not elected by the people. Can't have it both ways.

BRING HOME THE TROOPS THAT IS A PLAN

Sure txs, just like was said before, CUT AND RUN. I hope the people you just helped elect have more brains than you do, however, what we have been hearing from them for the last several years does not give me much hope.

rmmpe

Petty Officer 1st Class

CJY wrote:

"Yes, but as Tuesday, we are back on the road.">

I write:
You are correct. Back on the road to destruction.

oddjob

Commander

woodrat said:
Anything and everything is meat and potatoes for windbag ideologues like Rush.

And I'm certain that he and his ilk will continue to conjure up non-events all day long. And thousands of his sheep... I mean 'dittoheads' (was there ever a more appropirate nomenclature?) ...will tune in every day and then go out into the sunlight like zombies, repeating everything Rush said as if it were God's own truth.

But hey, at least now when he whines about how the democrats are ruining the neocon agenda, there might be a grain of truth to it!

In order to know what you say is true you would have to be listening to Rush. Glad to see yer gettin some schoolin from the Institute of "advanced conservative studies". Keep listening, theres hope for you yet..:love:

woodrat

Ensign

Oh, I've listened to Rush a few times. I've had jobs working alongside of dittoheads that seemed to start getting the shakes if they didn't hear his voice for a couple of hours. My dear old Dad is another one who has fallen victim to the Kool-Aid, too. It's really a sad day when so many people get their news and analysis from one or two ideologues like this and start to think that that is the only source of truth.

If Rush's yak show is "advanced conservative studies", it's no wonder you guys got trounced on Tuesday.

oddjob

Commander

woodrat said:
Oh, I've listened to Rush a few times. I've had jobs working alongside of dittoheads that seemed to start getting the shakes if they didn't hear his voice for a couple of hours. My dear old Dad is another one who has fallen victim to the Kool-Aid, too. It's really a sad day when so many people get their news and analysis from one or two ideologues like this and start to think that that is the only source of truth.

If Rush's yak show is "advanced conservative studies", it's no wonder you guys got trounced on Tuesday.

I see where you get your talking points....

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2641580

Quote:WASHINGTON Nov 9, 2006 (AP)— President Bush made nice with Speaker-to-be Nancy Pelosi after Democrats gave his Republicans a trouncing on Election Day,

oddjob

Commander

Theres a word we all use everyday.....Trounce...My, what a troncing I gave my co-worker!....I say friend, Did you see the trouncing the dolphins got in that ballgame?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Trounce?
I would call it a good ol' a$$ whoopin";).....JK

woodrat

Ensign

"I see where you get your talking points...."

No, you don't. I don't watch TV, haven't had television in my home since 1989, and I don't look at abc's website unless a specific story leads me there.

No I'm afraid that the word "trounced" is just part of my vocabulary. I didn't even have to go to the dictionary to see what it means.

Nitpicking people's spelling has always been unwelcome here, but I guess it's OK to nitpick someone's use of a word that you wouldn't use much...?

Boy, you "conservatives" really ARE scraping the bottom of the barrell, huh?

txswinner

Banned

If you have trouble with trounce, how do you like repub are LOSERS, repub lost their azzez, the people kicked out the repub, trounce is actually used by many of the non-rush mentality. DITTO there odd!!!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Interesting,

The democrats won, and there is nothing to deny. Why, that is yet to be determined. History is written by the winners but as with most history taught in todays public schools it represents what someone wants you to believe not necessarily reality.

The dems won but what is the message. We don't want someone representing us who cheats on their wife, may have sent disgusting e-mails to a child, is downright corrupt (Abramhoff scandal). I feel sorry for the likes of Rick Santorium. Did what he said he would do, did it well and got smeared by the MSM. Well, thats life in the Big 10.

I would love to say I am wholeheartedly bummed, but I too have been angry at the Republicans for acting like Teddy Kennedy in a bar on a Government tab. Spending is to go down, (IMHO) under conservative leadership. It hasn't. Now that the dems have control of congress they will do everything in their power to raise taxes, thus hurting the economy even more. Gridlock is what will most likely save the day.

Democrats have won the day, it's only been 12 years. And considering the landscape it would have been difficult to imagine how they couldn't have won the house. I would not be proud of what many of them had to do to win though.

It should provide for some very entertaining conflict in the next couple of years. I am eager to see how the dems interpret their "mandate". If it was a mandate against the status quo, they had better lean against their tendancies. And that will be trackable. Far too much cash will be spent to find out what position to take on what issue to keep power. The national discussion and the issues put forth will tell whether the country voted for a new direction or voted against incumbancy.

The dems have a narrow window between now and the next election to put forth their agenda's and identify specific issues that have traction with the American people. The Republicans now have an opportunity to do some soul searching and redefine who and what they stand for as a party. There is a huge opportunity for new leaders to be born right now on either side of the isle. I can't wait for people to further define who and what their party is and what they stand for. Rhetoric not withstanding.

treedancer

Commander

<Quote pointer>

Spending is to go down, (IMHO) under conservative leadership.It hasn't.
>

Ill give you a ten-four on that one.

<Quote pointer>

I would not be proud of what many of them had to do to win though.

Rather brutal on both sides around here , the most Negative

attack adds went to the Talent side as well as the most money spent.

<Quote pointer>

The national discussion and the issues put forth will tell whether the country voted for a new direction or voted against incumbancy. >

Let us hope that we will have some representation in both chambers that will at least talk to each other now.

My opinion, of the new Dems, Is that they are for the most part an “anti Abortion”, “gun toting”, group that will most likely be closer to the fiscal responsible old line republicans,not the liberal side of there own party.The Bush, Cheny, wing of the Republican party will be another matter.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

KaGee said:
Preliminary reports this morning show Dems out voted Reps by about 30%. Reps stayed home in most cases. So, Democrat Americans spoke.

Maybe the Reps were too embarassed and disgusted to show their faces at the polls. Or perhaps they voted by NOT voting.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Bob said:
Might we see a playing out of the "Be careful what you wish for" syndrome when the Dems realize they are now responsible for addressing all the things they criticized in the past few years?

VERY good point. Only time will tell. I hope the new majority withdraws us from Iraq, slowly, intelligently, and with a plan, something baby bush never had.

If the Democrats leave king george alone, time will be the harshest judge of him and will exact a much greater revenge than the Dems could ever hope for.

And remember the saying, "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely." With the regime of the last six years all we had was one party with absolute power, and even a blind person could see the corruption.

txswinner

Banned

I suspect gridlock for the next 2 years which is better than what we have. With Gates headed to Defense unless W continues not to listen to his father and follows the Cheney line we will see a plan in Iraq. Gates will put things in action. Whether we agree or not is to be seen but at least "hold the course and die," we should see a plan.

Other than that, W has stuffed too much crap, Judge nominations down the throats of the people, lied to many times, lead the loss of freedom and violated the constitution to expect the new congress to trust or work with him.

Maybe reconstruction of America can start when we get a new president, be they Repub. or Demo. If we can just make it thru the last 2 years of one of the worst leaders in our country.