Here I go, feet first {w/pictures}

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Here I go, feet first {w/pictures}

Doesn't look structural to me. Probably used for what escapade said.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

OK, they're not much, but could be...so I'll replace them and find "some" use for them, I appreciate your all taking the time once again...Cheers..................Kenny

rngale

Petty Officer 3rd Class

They may be there for added support for the chine. May also stiffen the side as well so that when you put stress on the chine it wont cause added flex into the hull. Hope that helps

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Yes Rngale, it helps, it all does at this stage for me, yep going to place them back...Thanks for your thoughts, they make good sense!!!

Now what would really help is to have US Composites deliver my order tomorrow{lol I just ordered thursday} pretty much ready to get started on putting things back together, well as ready as one can be for one stringer at a time anyways...have my transom ready, both stringers & 2 bulkheads made, just need some epox and glass to get 'R' done. And I'm getting wore-out from all the transom lifting in & out to double & triple check measurements..Don't get me wrong...I luv this kinda stuff! :D

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Got the transom in this morning, I went the PL route for adhesion, gotta luv how tuff the stuff is and the working time, which helps when installing alone. I built my transom to the same size and shape of the manufactuers, they used foam in the corners, but I will glass those areas in to be able to make a smooth transition tying the transom to hull sides and for strength.
transom1.jpg

Using an 8' 2x4 clamped to the 'guide on' frames really helped pull the lower skin in tight, and I'm going out of town for the weekend, so everything will be good and set-up when I get back.
transom2.jpg

I've got some more grinding to do before the stringers go in, and after some more thought, I'm going to pass on replacing the ski locker. As nice as the extra storage space would be, I just can't feel good about letting water run anywhere under the deck, and can just imagine the crawlers and who knows what-else will fall/crawl/grow in there possibly unnoticed until too late.
moregrindingwork.jpg

Hope your all having good-times in your projects!...............................Kenny

colobiker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

me too Jonesey! I would leave it if it didnt look god awful in person. i.e cracks and crazing or general discolored spots. I love that teel, even though I am a young guy, I go crazy for that color. Go figure that that color would be replaced by doo doo brown, avacodo green and pee yellow one day!

easy there buddy:D.. some of us (me) have the doo doo brown boat:(.. and dont know weather to paint of leave it.. :rolleyes:

I like the teal/green.. sure beats baby doo brown...

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Gettin back at 'er after a couple of days off, used some hardwood dowels as pegs to add to the half-lap joints on the stringers, bedded them{the stringers} to the hull with epoxy resin, chopped 1/4" strands and milled fibers and I used PL for some filleting, actually think it will hold me once again inside and enough of the 'from over the side' working{sux to be big}. Got a little more grinding/clean-up in the hull, then onto glassing the stringers in, 'if' the weather holds, man it looks like rain on & off here all week if you can believe the forcasters.
Hope things are floating along well for ya's in your projects......Kenny
dowels added to stringer joints
p1013335.jpg

stringers bedded, transom first coat of 1708
p1013362.jpg

Rickairmedic

Commander

Looking good Kenny wont be long and you will be picking out seats :D.

Rick

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Rick, and lol...try not to get a visual of me picking my seat :eek:

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class

alright...the side pieces you were asking about earlier....storage. they were in my 78 imp and i just rebuilt them and use them for fender and rope storage...good place to lay a drink or a coozie. when i figure out how to post pics like yall do ill show you.

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class

maybe this will help a little bit. if you want more pictures on how mine turned out or if you need any advice...please let me help. i know mine is a square bow and yours is a v bow but the inside and hull and transom and console is basically the same.

good luck!!!

0525091857a.jpg

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks 78IT, good use, think I'll do something similar myself.

Not much new going on with my resto, dang rainy weather won't hold off long enough to anything outdoors-wise. Did attempt{first attempt ever} at making some cushions, they'll do till I figure out what I really want to do...I'm leaning towards a casting/seat deck up front with a removable pedestal to allow a full one piece cushion when out just having fun...best of both worlds maybe ;)
p1013372.jpg

Also spent some 'inside time' riggin up my cd/radio using the glove box as a housing unit and some lexan to hopefully keep some of the water off
p1013380.jpg

Another half day or so glassing in the hull should have me ready for some deck work..yea...might get 'er on the water yet this year{I hope lol :rolleyes:}

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

To be honest, I don't think that upholstery job looks too bad, especially for your first attempt. (I don't comment at all if I think it looks like sh!t :p)

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

.......... (I don't comment at all if I think it looks like sh!t :p)

ROFLMAO...guess it's back to the drawing board on my radio contraption. :eek::D
Thanks EZ for taking the time to look and comment, the picture does it{uphosltery workmanship} more justice than it deserves. :(

dwhite1031

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ROFLMAO...guess it's back to the drawing board on my radio contraption. :eek::D
Thanks EZ for taking the time to look and comment, the picture does it{uphosltery workmanship} more justice than it deserves. :(

If you can work it into your restore budget, I'd recommend going with a marine stereo unit and speakers. You can get decent ones (unit and cpl of spkrs) for a hundred bucks or so. Reason being is that automotive units will begin to corrode and all that from not only exposure to the lake water but from the humidity as well.

Extremely COOL boat man! Takes me back to my younger and flat belly days!​

robbankston

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Great job! I really like the radio idea. I think I might have to use. :D Keep up the good work.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah Doug, your probably right, but I've had {knock on wood} good luck using this one on my last two tubs...

Thanks Rob, here's a temporary shot of it in it's new home..
p1013381.jpg

And this $@#~%$ weather needs to cooperate a little more, getting so crowded in my workshop I can't get to the bar :( Don't let me fool ya none, I've been managing ;):D
p1013388.jpg

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kenny I like the radio myself and the seats look great . I also understand loosing space in the shop and the danged weather supposed to rain here the rest of the week.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

OK I was withholding comment on the radio thing....and now I am definitely not commenting on it.

Nope can't help it. Looks like you done shot a radio and had it stuffed and mounted on your dash.......

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

OK I was withholding comment on the radio thing....and now I am definitely not commenting on it.

Nope can't help it. Looks like you done shot a radio and had it stuffed and mounted on your dash.......

LOL, ya only stuff and mount trophies...right? :p