1970 Jupiter V 16' Restoration

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Starcraft club can I join ?

Rick, the paint looks awesome. The stripe really adds. My vote would be white on the transom.

My boat is currently in a slip outside my door :) Had a nice ride this evening as the sun set. And it appears that all that JB I slathered on there last week is really paying off. It's hardly leaking at all!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Thanks EZ good to hear yours is behaving out there with all those pampered pets around her :D. She will behave well for you just to show them up :D.

Rick

Wow Rick, Looking Good!!!!! :D You got away with that stripe, Great Job!
I couldn't do a stripe if my life depended on it:( How many coats did you end up with???? Was that you that used Rustoleum? Do you have a splash date in mind yet? Mine is still in the shop waiting it's turn for a good checkup! I want to get on the water a few times before the year is over and then concentrate on the rest of the rebuild this winter!!
Al

Rickairmedic

Commander

Thanks Montana actually laying out the stripe wasnt that bad at all I put a piece of 3/4" tape down where i wanted the seperation line from the bottom paint . Then I laid a second piece of the same tape next to the first . Then I added one last piece and pulled the middle one off ( bada bing Stripe :D ) . I would say the sides currently have 8 coats of red 3 coats of primer aaaaaaand one coat of Zinc on them . That makes 12 coats of paint all together :eek:. I am using Rustoleum exclusively other than the Zinc which is Napa's Professional brand. My current planned Splash date is hopefully before I need to wear my parka :D. I hope to have her in the water at least once before October . I am not rushing anything anymore after the Tape incedent :D.

Rick

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah Rick, that came out sweet, hurry up and take another step forward ;)
luve 'that' red btw :D

Rickairmedic

Commander

Thanks Kenny the next small step will come this week between removing waterlogged furnaces and installing nice dry ones :D. I need to put new carpet on the trailer bunks and bow stop and then she goes back on the triler :D. Then the real fun begins and just think I already know not to paint the deck before I glass it ;):D.

Rick

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Rick,

BEAUUUUtiful job on the hull :D That stripe is awesome, and I votefor a bicolor stern.

Andy in NY

Commander

Thanks Kenny the next small step will come this week between removing waterlogged furnaces and installing nice dry ones :D. I need to put new carpet on the trailer bunks and bow stop and then she goes back on the triler :D. Then the real fun begins and just think I already know not to paint the deck before I glass it ;):D.

Rick

i had one of those a few years ago... you would have looked at it and told me to find someone else... it was an old combination wood oil furnace that sat in 5 feet of water for about a year...

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bret thanks I am leaning towards carrying the colors around the transom myself :D.

Andy you would surprised by some of the jobs I am actually willing to take on . One of the waterlogged ones I have to take out over the next couple weeks is an old HUGE dinosoar . I will have to take the sawzall to it just to get it out of the basement in smaller pieces :D.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

Bret thanks I am leaning towards carrying the colors around the transom myself :D.

Andy you would surprised by some of the jobs I am actually willing to take on . One of the waterlogged ones I have to take out over the next couple weeks is an old HUGE dinosoar . I will have to take the sawzall to it just to get it out of the basement in smaller pieces :D.

Rick

well this one couldnt be sawzalled... the firebox is cast iron. the guy who took it out cut up the outside, then put 2x6's on the basement stairs and dragged it out with his truck, then winched it up onto a trailer.

Rickairmedic

Commander

well this one couldnt be sawzalled... the firebox is cast iron. the guy who took it out cut up the outside, then put 2x6's on the basement stairs and dragged it out with his truck, then winched it up onto a trailer.

LOL yeppers thats how its done although you would be surprised what a few well placed WHACKS with a sledge will do to an OLD cast iron firebox :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Rick bud..
Go for the multi colored transom..dare to be different!:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

well..I didnt mean plaid!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Actually Kev now that you mention it a nice Scotch Plaid would work with the current color scheme and show off my taping prowess ROFLMAO.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Aiye...
It can be da bote of da highlands...Of da Klan McAirmeds!!!

Which one of you, when you are old many many days from now..laying on your bed..near to death you be..Which one of you would trade every day till then, for the chance to be here..On this day..on this lake...To be on this vessel..the bote of da Klan McAirmeds!!!???!!!!

North Beach

Commander

HAHA!!! Kev's in the coffee again:D

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Were waiting to see that thing on the trailer Rick. Looks better every update.