1970 Jupiter V 16' Restoration

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Starcraft club can I join ?

I took it up a notch and $1600.00 + later its almost done .

How much of that $1600 went towards stocking the pond with various panfish and bass??? I can't imagine what would cost that much for a pond:eek:

I hope at least $250. Of course it wouldn't be any fun fishing in the yard and not getting away from everything would it?

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Huron I dont think theres over $100.00 invested in fish yet now rocks we re in the $500.00-$600.00 area and I still need a half a ton of nice big flat ones to go around the outer edges of the pond :D. I have another easy $400.00 in pumps and filters . Then theres at least $300.00 - $400.00 into the Liner on the silly thing . I will try to get some pics of the pond up tomorrow its actually 2 ponds 1. about 7' X 12' with a large waterfall then a stream about 10' Long going to a Lower pond thats about 6' X 6' . The upper pond is about 4' deep nd the lower is about 2& 1/2' deep :D.

Rick

Floyd M

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Rick, I got to see this pond. And if you need flat rocks I have an unlimited supply at our hunt camp in the mountains..grey fields stones. Every size and shape you could want. I have hauled back plenty for walkways, patios, and the like. I will trade you a truck load for a little sanding and paint assistance.:D........Interseted?:D

Keith

Rickairmedic

Commander

Keith your on you want me to PM you my Addy so you know where to bring the Boat and the rock of course :D. Actually I have a friend with 120 acres out in the boonies I need to just make my way out to his place and go hunting . he did an amazing retaining wall next to his house including what he refers to as a Bear den for the kids to play in all with Stone he pulled up from the creek on his property I would say its 30-40 feet long 5' + high and the bear den is about 2-3' high and about as deep and wide. I will get some pics of the Pond up tomorrow since I have spoken so much about it here and it is somewhat boat related ( my 14'er would almost fit in it ) and it is fresh water :D.

Rick

Floyd M

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That is awesome. I have hunted in Highland county for years and looked at these piles of rocks just as long. Then it dawned on me, I'm taking some home. Free rocks are the way to go. I can't wait to see that pond. I used to have one for several years until we got two large dogs. The fish didn't like the dogs but the dogs liked the fish:eek:......Then when the fish were somehow gone:confused:, it turned into a huge pool for the dogs. It was just too much for my wife to take. So in went the dirt. I don't miss the fish but I do miss the sound of that water.

Keith

Andy in NY

Commander

I can tell the boys in the vic to get off their arses and get dirty!!

LOL..What better way to keep on eye on you??

Oh..The guy back home with that 18 foot SS emailed me earlier today that he still has it, but is going out of town and wants to know if I want to come look at her Monday, this is the 300 obo one...arrrrrghh

lol..Honey..look what I found for free? really! Money..No no money babe..He gave it to me. He was gonna scrap it!..Here..Come up here and sit..now isnt that nice babe...lol

Ohh yaaaa..I have it alllllllllllllllll in my little twisted head

Just do it man... remember the debate when i was thinking about buying mine? i got 2 good pieces of advice.

1) its easier to ask for forgivness then permission

2) any woman who will divorce you for buying another boat wasn't worth marrying in the first place.

ROFLMAO Kev my SWMBO actually went with me to get the first boat :D. By number 4 she doesnt even want to hear the word boat outloud around her anymore :D:D.

Rick

There are 2 things i am not allowed to talk about in front of my wife... boats and firewood.

last night her sister was over, and i was sitting at the computer and they were talking about women stuff (that time of the month), so i started showing them all of your projects and talking about the 10 cords of nice sugar maple firewood i have and my chainsaws. they shut up pretty fast.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Ok I promissed Pond pictures so here they are .

First shot is an overview looking from the back porch out over both ponds.

DSCI0124.jpg
[/IMG]

This shot is just the upper pond.

DSCI0125.jpg
[/IMG]

Then we have the waterfall I still need to finish rocking around the sides and back of the falls.

DSCI0126.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the stream running down to the lower pond.

DSCI0127.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the lower pond.

DSCI0128.jpg
[/IMG]

I still need to get the large flat rocks to go around the edges of the whole thing plus I need to take all the brick in the background and do the firepit and finish cutting up the wood in the background for the firepit :D. I have plenty to keep me busy ROFLMAO.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

Looks good rick, but im not sure its big enough to get up on plane, let alone watersports...

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Andy I have threatened to do my Barrel tests on the outboards in the pond but SWMBO seems to think it might turn her Koi and goldfish into chum :D:D.

Rick

Andy in NY

Commander

LOL Andy I have threatened to do my Barrel tests on the outboards in the pond but SWMBO seems to think it might turn her Koi and goldfish into chum :D:D.

Rick

eh so you get her some new fish... and you have a hell of a youtube video...

Rickairmedic

Commander

Ok heres tonights progress so far. I got the whooooooooole bottom sanded .

DSCI0132.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCI0133.jpg
[/IMG]

Then I put the rivets in the EXTRA HOLES Keith heres the rivets .

DSCI0129.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCI0131.jpg
[/IMG]

Then I zinced the bottom .

DSCI0135.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCI0136.jpg
[/IMG]

I may try to drag out the BIG light and get some primer on her tonight as I am losing daylight fast .

Rick

Floyd M

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Rick, the ponds look great. I could be mistaken but is that a bilge pump running the waterfall?:D You had to get a piece of the boat in there somewhere didn't you? Shoot us a pic when it is all done, sure is going to be great.

Keith

Rickairmedic

Commander

Keith theres 3 filters with 550 gallon per hour pumps in each one and a 1000 gallon per hour pump all in the upper pond they all go up to the waterfall . Then theres a 750 gallon per hour in the lower pond that runs the cute little fountain and pumps water back up to the upper pond.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I may try to drag out the BIG light and get some primer on her tonight as I am losing daylight fast .

Rick

Hey! Ya need a light bulb????:D

Looks good Rick, all of it..Let me know if you are going to do any landscape lighting..

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Kev I must be nuts I just set up the dual head 1000 Watt Halogen worklight out there :eek:. I am going to try to get the primer knocked out tonight :D 3 coats.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

LOL Kev I must be nuts I just set up the dual head 1000 Watt Halogen worklight out there :eek:. I am going to try to get the primer knocked out tonight :D 3 coats.

Rick

lol...You can use them halogens to cure the primer..Just move them up close!

They make GREAT bug attractants too..(but you know that right now, dontcha?)

Rickairmedic

Commander

Here ya go Kev just so ya know I am not screwin off while your out of town :D.

DSCI0137.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCI0139.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats one coat of primer on one side of the bottom goin back for the other side :D might just pull off 3 coats tonight :D.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev ancient Chinese secret for Skeeters put Listerine in a spray bottle and spray the ground around the area you dont want Skeeters and poof no skeeters :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Kev ancient Chinese secret for Skeeters put Listerine in a spray bottle and spray the ground around the area you dont want Skeeters and poof no skeeters :D.

Rick

點擊拼音﹐播放中文字的讀音!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Still with me Kev whole bottom first coat of primer :D.

DSCI0140.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCI0141.jpg
[/IMG]

Will wait a few minutes and go back in for coat number 2 :D.

Rick