STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

Shawn Acker

Cadet
Re: STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

Definitely going back center console. yes you are correct they all look the same "naked"
This is my first starcraft. I will be updateing pictures monday, plane to do transom this weekend.
Give me luck.......

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander

Thought I'd add our old 19?? 14ft Starcraft to this list... before & after pics attached. Running a nice little 8HP Yamaha on it, and 'papa' loves nothing more than spending time with the grandchildren.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 0

dencb68

Recruit

I am actually buying my first starcraft boat this weekend its a deep/wide 16 footer that i want to convert into a kickin fishing boat. and i never would have thaught about doing anything like this if it werent for this website. ill have pics soon enough and ill be sure to take pictures during the resto to upload onto this sight.

sschefer

Rear Admiral

I just did a search on Starcraft boats in the greater San Francisco/Northern California Area. There were two and one was actually in Michigan. Is this a sign of the times, do we own the new hot items? Darn sure isn't a shortage of them from what I'm seeing here.

I'm starting to feel better about all the money I've spent on my resto.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Here is my $600 project a 1973 Capri. The motor and some keel work are on order this year. Future years will be the floor and trasom as needed. (and no that is not my shop, it is where I bought it from. My shop is a gravel patch in the back yard)

starcraftfrontquarter.jpg

starcraftrearquarter.jpg

starcraftinterior.jpg

With all due respect you keep the boat...Ill take the shop..:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I just did a search on Starcraft boats in the greater San Francisco/Northern California Area. There were two and one was actually in Michigan. Is this a sign of the times, do we own the new hot items? Darn sure isn't a shortage of them from what I'm seeing here.

I'm starting to feel better about all the money I've spent on my resto.

Thats what I kept tellin Diane.."But babe..this is a classic" "Trust Me"...
She took one look at it the first day and walked away, It doesn't even have a floor thingy"!".Now she's pickin out paint...lol (no, no chartrouse or "salmon") lol

airshot

Rear Admiral

I have been a member of I-Boats for some time, but just discovered the restoration/starcraft thread. I am slowly restoring a 1960 Viacount by starcraft. This 16' runabout is in great condition, will post some pics a little later. Actually needs only a little work, had to replace the floor, and do some re-wiring. Trying to restore while still using the boat. Will need to replace wooden seats in future, thinking about solid mahogany with snap on cushions. Love the maintenence free alum. hull but do like the look of mahogany. This 1960 boat has no aluminium corrosion that appears to be prevalant on most older hulls, solid transom, and NO leaks. I have posted a search question elsewhere on I-Boats seeking a replacement pair of side nameplates (or decals) to keep it looking original. Thanks for letting me post and share stories and ideas.

Airshot

North Beach

Commander

I have posted a search question elsewhere on I-Boats seeking a replacement pair of side nameplates (or decals) to keep it looking original.

Check out my resto thread!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

WOW bigger list! See Post # 19 :eek: :D :D :D

sschefer

Rear Admiral

My 1991 Starcraft/Monark Legend 1800 FS after the Resto -

SNC00040.jpg

cnr2003

Seaman

Here's mine: 1976 22 footer. I don't know what the model is, maybe someone can help me out? Closed bow with the Merc 165 L6.

n17202891_35987452_6784.jpg

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

That sure looks like a Chief, just like NorthBeach's..Great looking example!

danond

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Looks like I have one of the "newer" ones. ;) 4.3 OMC Cobra drive in 90% like-new shape. Currently replacing the transom and back stringers in this gal. Almost done - engine goes in on Sunday.

Attachments

• myboat1sm.jpg
    myboat1sm.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

My 1987 TEXAS THRUSTER so far, i'm waiting on a couple more decals for the Darlin & then i re-do (cosmetic) the original Johnson :D
I've prettied up the trailor with a paint job & red pinstriping since this pic was took :rolleyes:

bb.jpg

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Can I get in with my 15' Sea King? Its Starcrafts illegitimate child, with Montgomery Wards. You guys can DNA test it if you want, but it looks like a Starcraft to me. Thought Id see if I can get in the club.

Its mid resto right now.

picture.php

picture.php

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Can I get in with my 15' Sea King? Its Starcrafts illegitimate child, with Montgomery Wards. You guys can DNA test it if you want, but it looks like a Starcraft to me. Thought Id see if I can get in the club.

Its mid resto right now.

picture.php

picture.php
I personally have no problem. They let me in with my MonArk which is Starcrafts Canadian line, (we think). The HIN is the dead giveaway. If it starts with STR like mine then you definitely have a Starcraft.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I personally have no problem. They let me in with my MonArk which is Starcrafts Canadian line, (we think). The HIN is the dead giveaway. If it starts with STR like mine then you definitely have a Starcraft.

No ID numbers to be found on it. :confused: