Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

W1LL

Cadet
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

I actually really like this one. price not so much:eek:

----
1984 17' Sea nymph aluminum - $2500 (Kalispell)

I'm in the process of restoring my 17'sea nymph , new teak/mahogany dashes ,replaced floor with treated plywood and it is coming together nicely. Eagle fish finder , 3 rod holders with 5 bases This hull is in excellent condition . It is a deep v and wide. Has removable center in bow area so you can have a pedestal seat or surround seating . A little dusty due to all the sawing . It is rated for 90 hp , 1600lbs..Replacing all the woodwork basically makes it funtionally new again. It will perform like a brand new boat . Will throw in 1982 85 hrs. suzuki+ controls with 120lbs compression + per hole,( no spark , needs new cdi ) or Just add your motor/seating and your good to go.Price is absolutely firm as you would not believe the amount of time and labor I have into the restoration. May consider trade for 4-stroke 4x4 4-wheeler.

Last edited:

W1LL

Cadet

this one has a few one liner classics. lets see if you spot them. LOL

-----

This motor is a great motor but was ran with out oil for a brief period and blew a head gasket on the starbourd side #3 cylinder. I removed the head and the cylinder wall was not badly scored. It would be an easy rebuild for the right guy. I upgradded to a yamaha and no longer need a ton of these parts no more. for sale is a 97 evinrude 150 v-6 with boysen reeds, a new prop, tilt and trim, controls, all wires, gauges, 25 inch shaft lower unit(in great working order. motor shifted great when removed. very smooth. lower unit alone is worth 900.00 please call if interested. selling to pay for yamaha upgrade. 406-781-8820

W1LL

Cadet

cabin cuddy - $13500 (marion)

1998 stingray cx200 20ft self contained. v-6 mercruiser runs great. bimini top and cover. stored inside, no rips or tears on interior. health forces sale. pictures on request would take open bow for part trade
:rolleyes:

and of course no pic

LeisureLady

Seaman Apprentice

cabin cuddy - $13500 (marion)

1998 stingray cx200 20ft self contained. v-6 mercruiser runs great. bimini top and cover. stored inside, no rips or tears on interior. health forces sale. pictures on request would take open bow for part trade
:rolleyes:

and of course no pic

That's funny! They're health is forcing the sale of the current boat, BUT, they'd take a different boat in trade? Good one.

skargo

Banned

----

I'm in the process of restoring my 17'sea nymph , new teak/mahogany dashes ,replaced floor with treated plywood and it is coming together nicely. Eagle fish finder , 3 rod holders with 5 bases This hull is in excellent condition . It is a deep v and wide. Has removable center in bow area so you can have a pedestal seat or surround seating . A little dusty due to all the sawing . It is rated for 90 hp , 1600lbs..Replacing all the woodwork basically makes it funtionally new again. It will perform like a brand new boat . Will throw in 1982 85 hrs. suzuki+ controls with 120lbs compression + per hole,( no spark , needs new cdi ) or Just add your motor/seating and your good to go.Price is absolutely firm as you would not believe the amount of time and labor I have into the restoration. May consider trade for 4-stroke 4x4 4-wheeler.

So how much were they asking?

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer

craigslist isn't popular here. We use other local buy/sell sites.

This guy has been advertising this boat since the spring of last (2008) summer.

Can't imagine why someone hasn't scooped up this deal for only $5250??

http://www.usedwinnipeg.com/classified-ad/6007307

Any theories on human behaviour as to why someone hangs onto junk at a crazy price for so long??

scipper77

Commander

craigslist isn't popular here. We use other local buy/sell sites.

This guy has been advertising this boat since the spring of last (2008) summer.

Can't imagine why someone hasn't scooped up this deal for only $5250??

http://www.usedwinnipeg.com/classified-ad/6007307

Any theories on human behaviour as to why someone hangs onto junk at a crazy price for so long??

When it comes to $$$, there are a lot of people who can't process that what you have into something has nothing to do with what something is worth. For example you can easily put $20k worth of performance parts into an old Honda Civic (random example), but you'd be lucky to get 1/2 of that back if you sold it.

Houses are the same, there is a house on my street that's been for sale for over a year now. It has an in-ground pool and a finished basement and some other extras but none of it is in good condition. These people are pricing the house as if it was in perfect condition and even then I'm not sure if they would get there price. I feel really bad for there realtor who I met at one of there open houses. When we told her that we were just curious neighbours she seemed really annoyed like we were wasting her time. But that's another story for another day.

W1LL

Cadet

----
1984 17' Sea nymph aluminum - $2500 (Kalispell)

Price and title are there now

skargo

Banned

Some people's wives tell them they have to sell some of their projects. Some people ask astronomical prices because they don't really want to sell them, but at least they can show their wife that they in fact listed the project(s) ;)

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer

aaaaah.......maybe.

I doubt this boat has been winterized in any way and its sat uncovered for over 18 months that I know of....if he moves the decimal a few spots from $5250 to $52.50, he 'might' have a buyer if the tires are good. :)

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

Hey while you guys are scanning c/l for funny stuff keep an eye open for a smokin deal on a couple of engines for my wellcraft..... I'm open to anything from 165's through 260's... If you find a deal you don't need within about 1000 miles of louisville please 'PM' me I'd take a whole boat for the engines too

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

5/7.5/12 hp Elgin outboard (Shelby Co.)
I have an elgin outboard. It has a selectable hp of either 5, 7.5 or 12 hp. Its a really neat motor. It does run and pumps a ton of water but it will need the carb adjusted. It also comes with the original elgin steel gas tank. But the tank is missing the gas cap. If intrested please let me know I have a barrel I can show you that it will start.

The add isn't really that bad but I just thought it was funny that you could select horsepower... besides working the throttle lol