A Tribute to and Remembrance of Lester Wright (SBN)

xtraham

Lieutenant
Re: A Tribute to and Remembrance of Lester Wright (SBN)

Dear Lester;

This is from a friend, a brother.
Like you Les stood no other.

In times of joy, and times stress.
The words you would say relieved direst.

I feel the pain, and the sorrow.
As we know we may never see the day tomorrow.

I hold my head and wipe my eyes as tears are freely flowing.
For my friend, my brother, that now God has chosen.

A man, a friend that brightened my life.
Someone I could call on when things were not right.

You always made time for ones that you loved.
So caring, so happy, and always so bright.

I?ll miss you my brother, everyday I awake.
You?ll now catch that big one on your favorite lake.

You?ve been called for a reason my big hearted friend.
You touched us so greatly and this isn?t the end.

I know you are watching, with arms open wide.
A loving, a giving, a man with such pride.

I promises to you I?ll help all those I can.
But it will be hard to fill, the shoes of such a man.

A man that was honest, faithful and true.
With a heart that day by day truly grew.

Remember my friend we shall meet some day.
And on that day I?ll have one thing to say.

Thank you my friend my guardian angel.
We will be together one day when I?m no longer able.

Words can?t express how I feel as I type.
I love you my brother, my friend Mr. Wright.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I have been thinking about Lester over the last couple of days. I have only been frequenting the iboats forum for about a year, so I don't have the memories of him that most of you do. What strikes me the most, however, is that I have come to know him the best just by reading all of the entries in this thread.

What I now know is the strength of his generosity. In that, I have tremendous respect for Lester. We live in a time of intense greed. We see this in our every day lives, and we see it in the current economic meltdown. Many of the social ills that we now face, exist because people want too much. Those same people also tend to be the types of folks who don't take the time to help others. Yet, there are still people like Lester who give of themselves unselfishly. This is an increasingly rare trait and in the rarety of it, there is a measure of a man that is extraordinary.

I am also struck by the wealth in this man's life. I am, of course, not talking about money. Money is superficial and really isn't a measure of a person's success in life. What I am talking about is the love he enjoyed. From his wife, to his daughters, to his grandbabies, to all of his acquaintences, including those of us at iboats, there is a love for this man that could only exist in response to an equal love given by him. Love doesn't grow in a vacuum - it is nutured in simple deeds and demonstrations of caring. When you give that to others, you get it back, and its reward is immeasurable. In reading the words in this thread, it is just so obvious how much Lester gave, and how much he got back. In that Lester Wright was a rich man.

Somewhere on the other side of this existence, there is a man in a Bassboat with a big ole motor on the back, throwin' spinner baits at some fish. There are no size or take limits where he is - you can catch all you want. You don't have to be at work in the morning, and the sun is always at the perfect place in the sky to make those fish hungry. Someday I'll join you Lester - hold my place so I get one of the good spots too!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Lester has been in my mind these past few days.
I never met him,but what I could glean from his posts told me that he was a man who enjoyed life and knew how to share the joy of living.
I will buy a spinner bait and screw it onto the dash of my boat.Never to be used,but always there to help me remember.
Lester may your name and memory be blessed.

pduquette

Ensign

Wow i'm so saddened to hear , and send my prayers to the Wright family . SBN was one of the cool people that made me feel this would be a place that would be friendly and welcoming. May God bless you. Peter

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer

Very, very sad news. I have only resurfaced here since back in July and don't personally know Les but have been helped by SBN on a few occasions. I have however looked through many of his posts and am astonished at the level of support he provided for this forum. It appears that he even took the time to keep up with birthdays of the members quite well also. Always helpful rather than a jerk, he was a model member/moderator that will truly be missed.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

RIP spinner bait nut i had hours of phone conversations with you! I will Miss you!!! I did not know you were a moderatorator but a person that shared common interestests! I did not know you died until right now! This kinda makes my turkey day sad but at the same time i have read a lot of how you touched the lives of a lot of folkes. Lets not just morn the passing of a great friend but celebrate the life of a man that loved so much and so manny! lets keep in mind that this man would do anything for any one of you on the forum! I talked to him on the phone a couple times and never did he tell me that he was a mod! Celebrate his life!!!! Im sad on this day but hopefully we can move on and im glad this forum can see the importance of this!

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I did not know Lester well just had a few posts back and forth with him, shared a love of Dodge Trucks, and read his funnies. I did not know of all his kindness till just a few days ago. As i read this touching tribute to him tears welled up in my eyes, his daughters post really touched my heart, and had the tears rolling down my cheak. SBN you will be truly missed not only here but in all the places you visited, because the kindness that flowed from you touched everything in your path. My only with is that i had taken the time to get to know you better my life would have been better for it. To his family I send you my deepest condolences. R.I.P. Les :(

sangerwaker

Commander

I haven't been on in a while, but felt I needed to to say goodby to a dear freind. I never had the pleasure of meeting Lester personally, but our cyber relationship was treasured. He was the most upstanding man I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I send my deepest condolences to his family and friends and hope they can find their way through this troubled time.

I will buy a spinner bait and screw it onto the dash of my boat.Never to be used,but always there to help me remember.

Rolmops, this is a most excellent idea. Thank you for a great way we can all remember our fallen friend and comrade.

sanger out...

I want to start off by say a great thanks to all of the kind words about my dad! I am Leslie his youngest! All of the things that are said about him from all of you are very true! He was a great man and a wonderful dad! I miss him very much and these post are helping me trough this very very rough time! I was a lot of heck with him and he always made me mad but i know as i got older that it was all for a good reason! I know he will always be with me and my family and help me just like he did when he was right here with me! I love you dad and miss you deeply!

Leslie
LIL BIT

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

You have my deepest condolences Leslie. You are no doubt proud to have him as your Father, just as all of us are proud to have known him here. He will be sadly missed and fondly remembered...

oops!

Supreme Mariner

lil spinner.....

we all feel and share your familys pain......just wanna let you know.....you are not alone in this.

xtraham

Lieutenant

Remember this..?

114925.gif

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yup. and I always thought it was Les looking out for us . . .

Nandy

Commander

Wow, I don't know what else to say that has not been said... My condolences to the family. He will be surely missed by all the people he touched...
Lester, vaya con Dios...

MikDee

Banned

I am so sorry to hear this, I didn't realize he was so sick, but I was suspect because he wasn't around much lately, and I've been dreading news such as this. My prayers, & Condolences to Lester's family, & friends. In mourning, It is hard to find the words to describe how I feel. Being fairly new here, I didn't know Lester that well, but from his posts I was immediately a fan. He projected an image of a Great, kind, considerate, compassionate man, and now I find all that to be true. I'm sorry to hear he passed, and so young, and I didn't get a chance to know him better. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him, even if just from the forum members here, but he touched our lives, & all for the better. May he rest no longer in pain, but in eternal peace, & joy, in heaven. MikDee

fire831

Petty Officer 1st Class

So sorry to hear this. SBN, RIP you sure will be missed. Also to the family, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

treedancer

Commander

Rest in peace Spinner. :(

angus63

Captain

Sorry to hear of Spinner's passing. He always caught my eye with his upbeat, good-hearted replies and posts. My condolences to all family and friends.

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

Haven't been around much lately but heard the news. It pretty much floored me...:(

Spinner, thanks for everything and I certainly will miss you around here. I wish all my best to your wife and family...

Godspeed, buddy...

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Wow, sad to hear of the "Spinner" passing. I've been kinda laying off the internet, but decided to poke around a little today. Seems I'm glad I did. Me and Spinner did a lot of PM's, and he was one stand up person. Sad day..Robby