A Tribute to and Remembrance of Lester Wright (SBN)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: A Tribute to and Remembrance of Lester Wright (SBN)

Tammy,

Your Dad was a great man and was a leader that people loved. He will continue to be loved and missed by all of us and never forgotten.

Bob

-1boat

Seaman Apprentice

Don't know if it has been posted but this is the Obit from my local paper.

Lester Wright - 1953-2008

Lester E. Wright, 55, of Catlettsburg, passed away early Wednesday morning, Nov. 26, 2008, in Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital.

Mr. Wright was the son of Geneva Sparks Wright Adams of Wurtland, Ky., and the late Roy L. Wright, born July 31, 1953, in Greenup, Ky. He was a route contractor for 20 years with the Daily Independent, and moderator of Boyd Co Free Cycle & I Boats.com. Lester loved the outdoors, including fishing, boating and camping, but his greatest love was the time he spent with his grandchildren.

Sadly left behind is his wife of 36 years, Suzette Hall Wright; three daughters, Tammy Opell and her husband, Rodney of Catlettsburg, Nancy Godbey and her husband, Terry, and Leslie Wright and her companion, John Whitaker, all of Rush; a brother, Leroy Wright and his wife, Teresa of Grayson; seven grandchildren, Rodney Opell, Robyn Opell, Blake Preston, Matthew Preston, John Godbey, Eva Godbey, and Kayla Whitaker; and a nephew, Justin Wright.

A funeral service for Lester Wright will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 29, 2008, at the Neal Funeral Home on Center Street in Catlettsburg. Pastor Ray Sexton will offer a message of comfort. Final rest will follow at Bellefonte Memorial Gardens in Flatwoods, Ky.

Those wishing to call on the Wright family may do so after 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Spinner was respected by a lot of folk. He's going to be missed. Our thoughts go out to his family.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

I am so sorry to hear of his passing. We all miss him very much.

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sad news...a permanent iboats fixture is gone. Thank you for your contributions to all of us. You left many happy memories. Will miss you.

Condolences to friends and family

gonfishn

Commander

It was an honor to for me to represent Iboats at Spinners celebration. His family treated me as one of their own. In the center of his casket was a beautiful fish surrounded by pictures of all his loved ones. Iboats arrangement was the first you saw when you came in. Flowers were also sent by MotorMouths a site Spinner also belonged to and others from Iboats.

I am sorry that I cannot remember all that i said because it came from my heart. I felt the presence of Spinner beside me as i spoke of our friend. I told them of Iboats and the 135,000 plus members. How Spinner was always there to help a lending hand to any who needed it. I also told them that if they really wanted to know what Spinner was really like to visit us at Iboats.com and see his 18,000 plus posts. I shared with them what Suzi had told me what he had told her that he was known world wide. I think they understood after reading all the threads i had copied to share with them.

After the service many came up to me to get our site so that they may visit it. I felt his presence around me even as i was carrying our friend to his resting place. I could hear his gruffy laugh and felt his smile as we said our final goodbye to him in this life. I feel sure he has started his own chat site already. Ready to help those who met him as he crossed over. I see him smiling down on us as he shows us that trophy fin.

To JB,Ladyfish,Xstraham,Bob_Vt whom i talked to over the landline the last few days. I want to thank you for helping me through the last few days to have the fortitude to do what i wanted to do.

I probably missed many here that which i am sorry forgetting to mention here. To Suzi and her lovely daughters if you are ever in need you have my number and thank you for kindness offered to me.

To Iboats our friend is gone but will never be forgotten. I know that even though his posts will be scarce as time goes on he will always be here from past posts of folks he has helped. Rest in Peace my friend. May you line be tight and your fins be like no others you have caught. I know you will be there when its my time to cross over.

aspeck

Staff member

Thanks Jeff.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

thanks, Jeff, i am positive you represented iboats and the members proudly. really appreciate you doing that.

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

This is truly sad news. My condolences to all that new him.

Dale

Benny1963

Lieutenant

finale thoughts on lesters children and lester,
there post took more heart than anyone will know .
thought i never met lester and rarely pm d him the fact that this many can be united by one. Is a testament in its self to the greatness of SBN
lesters family i wish yall the best .and maybe lil lester will repost oneday.
i first thought of these forums as knowledge that the boat shops would not give me,Know i know that it is much more ,will be around
if ever needed
sincerly BENNYB

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I am saddened beyond words.

As some of you might have noticed, I have kept Les in my signature for a long time. He was a person I always felt comfortable around- easy to share a laugh, share a moment, share a concern.

I hope my signature doesn't offend anyone. I've had it for a while now and I'm not quite ready to let go.

With great respect,
George

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Rest in peace my friend ..............

72SideWinderSS

Petty Officer 1st Class

[FONT=&quot]My Rightful Place[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]I love the smell of Ocean air[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]That brings to mind the memories there[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]of sand and sea, the gentler years[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]and departed one?s forgotten tears.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Smells that stir the soul to care[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]of past and future teachings there[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]olden days and presence come[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]All together, one by one.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Salty haunts and quaintness old[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]sharpened by the winters cold[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ocean?s murmur links the sound[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]with other senses, round and round[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Living on the shore it seems[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]close to heaven, and in one?s dreams[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]at one, with nature?s simpler plan[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]nearer to the fellowship of man[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Leave me some day, in the deep[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]When my time has come to sleep[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Where my rightful place has been[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Returning to the sea ? again[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Chet Wood[/FONT]​

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Jeff,

Thank you. You acted in the same way that Lester would have done. We appreciate what you have done.

Bob

Summer Fun

Banned

I talked to Lester on yahoo chat live[aka way557 ] that he set up about 6yrs ago. He will be missed by all. Gods speed and my condolences to the family .
bawling.gif

Carphunter

Commander

I am certainly in shock and deeply saddened at the news of our friend Lester. :( Along with JB, he was one of the first ones to welcome me here to iboats. I always got a laugh out of his joke of the day threads, his Hepa suit, and the many goofy alien abduction posts he and I shared.
He will be missed by all. Everyone that knew him will tell you that he was a friend to everyone.
All I can say is, Lester was my friend, and I will miss him dearly.:(
I will be praying hard for his family.

(Jeff, thank you for representing us here at iboats, couldn't ask for a better person to do so).

May God bless you in your new life Lester. Amen.​

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Having only known Lester for a few years I feel is my loss. However being fortunate enough to know him at all, far out ways any sense of that loss. His passing creates a hole in every life he touched. Some holes larger than others. To his family and close friends go my deepest condolences.
As the next year passes, it will be for you a year of firsts..................the first Thanksgiving, the first Christmas, New Year, anniversary.........all passing without your Husband, Father, Grandfather, Uncle...............It will not be easy. But family, friends, God, faith, and time will help ease your feeling of loss. As time goes on it diminishes the pain and feelings of loss, as it strengthens your fond memories. Take comfort for now in knowing Lester is safe in the arms of God.

The silence of Spinner's keyboard will be deafening.:(:(

And thanks to Jeff for all his effort and compassion.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Sad news indeed. RIP Spinner.

mrmushroomman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

RIP Spinner. I did not know him personaly, but am greatfull for the advice he gave on certain problems i have posted since being a member here on iboats. He lived not to far from me and i'm sure we have both enjoyed some of the same nice fishing holes Ky has to offer. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

LadyFish

Admiral

I received this message and wanted to share...

Hi. I am Lesters' (SBN) brother. I just wanted to let you know how much his family appreciates the kind words and prayers. We are dealing with his sudden death as best we can and the kind words we read on here helps more than you can imagine. Once again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Lee