• Total voters

moterboat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

Gulf of mexico, tarpon springs FL.

moterboat

Petty Officer 1st Class

Usually Lake Erie and the Detroit River, i really love going to Traverse City Grand Traverse east bay

That should give you a few choices in fishing spots, how deep is it in erie??

kalla man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

gulf of mexico, tampa bay, intercostal waterway, indian river, and the Atlantic

Lake Willie near charlotte nc. I plan a trip on the ICW for next year.

greg_upnorth

Seaman Apprentice

i chose small lake... ive got about 5 to choose from ranging from 80 acres up to 1200 within a 3 mile radius.

WatrGirl

Cadet

Living on the Mississippi coast, there are tons of different waterways to explore! I use my Seahunt BX21 to go boating/fishing in the MS Sound (mostly around of the barrier islands) and on "rough seas" days, I stay on the rivers (Wolf and Jourdan).
Next boat, I'll be able to go further offshore!

Expidia

Commander

Most of my big lake boating is done at Lake Powell. 165 miles from inlet to the dam, with dozens and dozens of canyons off the main channel. Some of the canyons alone are almost fifty miles long with fingers off the main canyon. They say there is over 2000 miles of shore line at Powell and in some spots my depth guage which reads to 999' just goes blank???? Temps in summer average 100+ deg its really heaven. Fishing is awesome no limit on the stripers some of which average 10 pounds and up (lake record striper was 47 pounds) We got into a good mess of them a few months back and I couldn't hardly pick up the stringer(1 of three) Lots of house boats on the lake sometimes we will take a week and just drive to the dam and back. Which takes all of a week in a house boat. Love it there..

Whoaa, I think I have a DVD of Pamala Anderson and Tommy Lee on a houseboat cruising along on Lake Powell! Lake looked nice from what I saw of it :D

skimmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well I live on the lake so I spend a lot of time on the lake, but as often as I can I love heading offshore at sunrise out to the reefs (haven't been out to the shelf yet) chasing reddys and kings.

brussell

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I live on Lay Lake in central AL. It's 12,000 ac and almost 50 miles long with a 10,000 sq mi watershed. Also, like to get up to Smith Lake in NW AL whenever possible and hope to live on or near there one day. Smith is only a 900 sqmi watershed but is 25000 ac. Boy is it clear too. Clear and deep, I've seen it over 325 ft. Lay Lake only gets to 122 max and averages 30-40 ft on the channel. Both are great and each is totally different fishing.

shipoffools

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I do most of my boating on Sandy Hook Bay, the Shrewsbury and Navasink rivers in New Jersey. I also spend alot of time on Caroga lake in the Adirondaks. This past summer the family spent a week exploring the Hudson between Newburgh and Kingston NY, and we try to get to the 1000 Islands every couple of years (lots of great places to explore) In my younger days I spent 5 years as aquatics director at a BSA camp on Seneca Lake NY(40 miles of the best sailing you could ask for).

sweetcheeks

Cadet

We hang out on Raritan Bay. You have the ocean nearby and various rivers also.

BAYLINER185

Chief Petty Officer

Mainly LAKE PLEASANT ARIZONA

or

SAGUARO LAKE.. I learned to run my 1st boat at Saguaro so I usually go there to cruse around and test things out. Much smaller then Pleasant but its pretty nice up there.

rentalguy1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Mainly South Holston Lake, but also been on Boone Lake (20 minutes from home), Watauga Lake (40 minutes from home), Douglas Lake and Cherokee Lake (both an hour from home). Plenty of other lakes within 2 hours of home...just not enough time to explore yet.

akbpilot

Cadet

Prince William Sound, Alaska. Port out of Valdez in a 1993 Rosborough diesel. Hundreds of bays and inlets, thousands of miles of shoreline, very few people. 80 knm. between fuel.

rmj2844

Cadet

Absecon Inlet/back bays of Brigantine,NJ

Fluke/Stripers

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

Pamlico river and sound, intercoastal, other sounds, Jordan Lake (when it has water in it), Falls lake, Kerr Lake, Gaston Late...

rheagler

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Delaware River... between Philadelphia and Trenton. It helps that I'm less than 5 mins to the boat ramp!

RGrew176

Commander

I do probably 90% of my boating on Lake Erie out of Bolles Harbor. I also spend a lot of time on the Detroit River and Lake St. Clair. I have been fortunate to have boated on Lake Huron and Lake Michigan also. I remain hopeful that by the time my boating career ends I will have made it to Lake Superior and Lake Ontario.

Bert1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Mostly on the beautiful Saint John River in New Brunswick Canada. We get to go from a headpond reservoir for the Mactaquac Hydro Dam, to the Saint John River, to Grand Lake , the Oromocto River and then down to the Bay of Fundy through Saint John, New Brunswick. Not all in one day of course. Cheers

Chad D

Seaman Apprentice

I do most of my boating in pool 26 (alton) of the mississippi, cant beat the fact that it is ten min from the house and lots of nice Islands to pull the boat on to and lots of good places to eat. I also take the boat to Mark Twain lake, MO and to Norfork lake, AR. I grew up with a house on Lake Of the Ozarks and still love that lake but I have too small of a boat to go out on it anymore.