• STREAM

Votes: 24 2.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 49 4.8%

• Total voters

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

small lakes abound ,also would chose big lake as you dont get a lake any larger than lake superior.

ziggy

Admiral

man, you folks are some real boaters. makes me feel like i ain't.......
my main haunt is only 1800 sq acres......might be up to 2k right now as we've had rain.
the missouri ain't so big either. it's just not very wide, though it is long enough and does usually provides some interesting boating, mostly because of the faster than usual current, debris, and fairly large cruisers that make pretty large wakes in a pretty small area. no where to run.......

oh well, i really don't feel so bad seein that i'm boating in the middle of a corn field.......the choices are semi limited.....

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class

Closest "fishing/test & tune" lake is 350 acres. Nearby bigger lakes are Lake Wateree (13,700), Wylie (bout same), Lake Norman (32,000), Mountain Island (2,788), Blewett Falls (2,560), Tillery (5,250), Badin (5,350) and High Rock (15,250).

Never been on most of them but grew up fishing & skiing Lake Norman, Wylie, Mountain Island & the Intracoastal waterway behind Ocean Isle Beach.

There are other small local lakes that do not allow larger gas motors unless they are not lowered into the water and run.

I know, too much information but I figure someone local would find it interesting.

EricR

Petty Officer 1st Class

I boat in the coastal area around Savannah, GA. Saltwater, brackish water, fresh water, all rivers and lotsa tide (7-9') to contend with.

Franky219

Seaman Apprentice

Lake Michigan. I live in Hammond IN.

dgopetactical

Chief Petty Officer

Raystown Lake, Susquahanna River (Lake Clarke),

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

1988 20' stingray svc 207 ss
5.7 alpha 1

Bill Adkins

Seaman

I answered ocean as I had for many years a larger Sundancer kept in he Los Angeles area. In fact I lived on it fot 2 years and dove probably 2-3 times a week during that time. Prior to that I lived a half mile from it and I was on the water more often. Well I sold it and now a have a small lake boat in the local mountains, probably 4 miles from a local lake. I miss having a boat on the ocean, no better place to unwind.
Bill

PW2

Commander

small lakes abound ,also would chose big lake as you dont get a lake any larger than lake superior.

Howdy neighbor!

I'm from the other side of the St Mary's River from you.

Lake Superior and Lake Huron I suppose qualify as big lakes, but I'd have to say I do most of mine in the St Mary's river that connects the two.

eriediver

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I do all of my boating on Lake Erie out of Dunkirk NY. A lot of cruising with the family & lots of nice wrecks to dive.

Blue Water Runner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hyco, Mayo, Kerr, Gaston, Falls, Jordan, Badin, Smith Mountain lakes, Elizabeth River, Chesapeake Bay, ICW.

whitecrystal1

Seaman

Potomac and Chesapeake.

Ditto on the Potomac
wavey.gif

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Howdy neighbor!

I'm from the other side of the St Mary's River from you.

Lake Superior and Lake Huron I suppose qualify as big lakes, but I'd have to say I do most of mine in the St Mary's river that connects the two.

hey there ,nice to see sombody from my neck of the woods.i also fish the river,are the salmon running yet ?havnt heard much myself.im suprised we can boat on the water what with all the local and federal cops from both sides cruising around it gets crowded.h
untitled.jpg
eres a pic of my boat before i put on the 90 evinrude.

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

TN River which feeds Wheeler Lake in Northern AL.

Nova Nova

Cadet

Long Point Bay, (Lake Erie) out of Turkey Point, Ontario.

troypolla

Petty Officer 1st Class

South MS. Mississippi Sound, and Gulf of Mexico. Sometimes river. Best of both worlds

troypolla

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gulf

Last edited:

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

I live in Central NJ. Relatively new to boating. We so far have boated on:

Lake Hopatcong: about 15 miles from my house, easy trip after work during the week if you dont mind braving Route 80 West bound traffic (those of you who live here will know what I mean) Weekends can be pretty scary with all the traffic , kind of like that scene from Caddy Shack so we usually stay away.

Sandy Hook Bay, Navesink and Shrewsbury rivers....Put in at Leonardo State Park, only about 40 miles or so geographically from my house but again the traffic in the summertime can be rediculous.

First time yesterday went out of Liberty State Park and took the trip around Manhattan and past the Statue. Was alot of fun.