Re: UK sailors captured at gunpoint

red or white, with or without seeds?8)

QC

Supreme Mariner

oj,

I guess you had to be there . . . I was suggesting that kidnapping 15 UK soldiers, and then lying about their original location, after originally giving details that showed they were in Iraqi waters, and then blackmailing the UK Government, should be suicidal. Ya know sort of a state sponsored, collective, suicide bomber approach. Would look kinda like a Frogger mushroom cloud post . . . ;)

oddjob

Commander

jimlad said:
BTW....Is the Black Scarf the the woman seaman is wearing part of the womens uniform of the Royal British Navy? What a disappointment, I say...

No it is not and if it was why the dissappontment?

Doesnt look like proper military attire. Looks like she converted to Islam already.

jimlad

Chief Petty Officer

duplicate

jimlad

Chief Petty Officer

oddjob said:
jimlad said:
BTW....Is the Black Scarf the the woman seaman is wearing part of the womens uniform of the Royal British Navy? What a disappointment, I say...

Doesnt look like proper military attire. Looks like she converted to Islam already.

:^ :% give some respect what if that was your wife:% btw smart you are not :^ dont give up the day job oddjob :% :'( JIMLAD

RCSConstruction

Chief Petty Officer

We/They bomb Iran, Iran will inturn will bomb Israel (they have been itching for a reason) and well... It will become a war for our children's children....

Skinnywater

Commander

RCSConstruction said:
... It will become a war for our children's children....

It already is.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

The politicians and diplomats have to do what they're elected and assigned to do, if they fail in their endeavours then the military option comes into play,
no man nor country is an island in todays world.
Israel rushed off to war after their soldiers were kidnapped, that experience did not resolve any of their objectives, it merely resulted in misery and suffering to their people and to Lebanon, the transgressors (terrorists) remain with their misguided egos entact.
A solid political ground work should be laid out prior to military engagements, failure to do so leaves civility tied to another basket case.

jimlad

Chief Petty Officer

ok you guys i know we have all had our say and debates on this subject and its easy to sit here and have opinions on whats to be done but the 2 people being shown on the tv are fellow cornish people and the latest guy Nathan Summers they have shown lives just 6 miles from us so maybe some positivity is in order and some thoughts for the sailors and their familys.

Lisa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall/content/articles/2007/03/27/hmscornwall_feature.shtml

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Obviously the UN ain't gonna do jack....:'(
Or so the paper said today.....:|
Oh, they have 'grave concern'....:%.
Frankly this is a terrorist act .......:|
Their aim is to get the UK out of Iraq, which they expressed in the 'letter' purportedly written by Seaman Turney.......
I hope the Brits don't roll over on this one......
Iran needs a 'beatdown'.....
Maybe their oilfields need a bombing, & a shut off to thier cash flow....
I stiil say :
Smite the Saracens!........:devil:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Haut said:
Maybe their oilfields need a bombing
No, anything but that! I can't handle going through a whole bunch of threads with titles like:

"Bush and Blair conspire to make Bush's oil buddies rich"
"Bush stole Iraq's oil and then Destroyed Iran's oil to make it worth more"
"Big Oil Sucks"
"Burning Oil Wells Cause Global Cooling"
"Oil is the Religion of the Right"

treedancer

Commander

Its rather easy for those of us that don’t have a friend, or neighbor, that’s in captivity too beat our chest and say nuke them, and all that kind of garbage, but if you don’t know what it is like, please be a bit little more kind to the people involved. After all when your negotiating, it is assumed that the fifteen are still alive. First bomb that gets dropped all bets are off. Try to assume that you are on a dock, after all this forum is called dockside for a reason, would you say the same thing to the persons face that you typing on the keyboard? I know its rather hard to do, sometimes I get carried away myself, but give it a try might help keep a bit of the rhetoric down.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

OK, "peace at any price"......:love:

oddjob

Commander

jimlad said:
oddjob said:
jimlad said:

:^ :% give some respect what if that was your wife:% btw smart you are not :^ dont give up the day job oddjob :% :'( JIMLAD

Oh, if that were my wife I would very upset. Upset that she put it on willingly,OR she was threatened or coerced by terroeists to do so.

Respect, is what the terrorist have already taken from the female British solder. Respect is what they will take from Britain should they submit to terrorists demands.

Your right Lisa, I'm not extremely smart but I know enough not to run from or negociate with a bully whos mission in life is to see us and our way of life dead....hate and kill the aggressors first, then you will maintain your freedom to dislike me for as long as you like.

Treedancer, if we assume that all 15 are already dead then we need not negociate. I mean did we stop fighting WW2 after are men were captured? Did we negociate? no our enemies surrendered. Simple concept.

Sorry folks, I CANT SPELL NEGOCIATE!:devil:

jimlad

Chief Petty Officer

jimlad said:
ok you guys i know we have all had our say and debates on this subject and its easy to sit here and have opinions on whats to be done but the 2 people being shown on the tv are fellow cornish people and the latest guy Nathan Summers they have shown lives just 6 miles from us so maybe some positivity is in order and some thoughts for the sailors and their familys.

Lisa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall/content/articles/2007/03/27/hmscornwall_feature.shtml

OldMercsRule

Captain

oddjob said:
jimlad said:
oddjob said:
jimlad said:

Oh, if that were my wife I would very upset. Upset that she put it on willingly,OR she was threatened or coerced by terroeists to do so.

Respect, is what the terrorist have already taken from the female British solder. Respect is what they will take from Britain should they submit to terrorists demands.

Your right Lisa, I'm not extremely smart but I know enough not to run from or negociate with a bully whos mission in life is to see us and our way of life dead....hate and kill the aggressors first, then you will maintain your freedom to dislike me for as long as you like.

Treedancer, if we assume that all 15 are already dead then we need not negociate. I mean did we stop fighting WW2 after are men were captured? Did we negociate? no our enemies surrendered. Simple concept.

Sorry folks, I CANT SPELL NEGOCIATE!:devil:

[colour=blue]Yup what OJ said. No "dis" ment here, but this is the begenning of the next phase of the conflict started on 11/2006. Our enemies want you to focus on the 15, instead of the significance of the act of their aggression and their goals. By all means: do what the enemy wants, (don't worry about history: IT MEANS NOTHING), what's important is we know about and totally accept homosexuality. Our enemies are very tough and we will see how weak n' wobbly we are 'cause it is hard to call us tough at this juncture. 11/2006 is a date to not be so proud of. IMHO, but that is just me and I know I'm not alone but i'm very much in the minority. I hope we start a new page of human history where we can bend over for our enemies and they don't kick us. Doubt it, but we will see. Respectfully JR[/colour]

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Darnit! Murk, with all of yer quote and re-quoting, reading some of your posts gives me tunnel vision, now that i'm offended you will be frivilously hearing from my liar. :p

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

treedancer said:
Its rather easy for those of us that don’t have a friend, or neighbor, that’s in captivity too beat our chest and say nuke them, and all that kind of garbage, but if you don’t know what it is like, please be a bit little more kind to the people involved. After all when your negotiating, it is assumed that the fifteen are still alive. First bomb that gets dropped all bets are off. Try to assume that you are on a dock, after all this forum is called dockside for a reason, would you say the same thing to the persons face that you typing on the keyboard? I know its rather hard to do, sometimes I get carried away myself, but give it a try might help keep a bit of the rhetoric down.

Don't get all self righteous telling us what we would and wouldn't say. I would say the same thing I've been saying here. And I have said it in person.

The time for talking is through.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Two quotes that I think bear a lot of truth. Keep baying for blood boys!

“Naturally the common people don’t want war. But after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it’s always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of
the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and for exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.”
--- Hermann Goering, Hitler’s Reich Marshall, at the Nuremberg Trials after World War II.

It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood...War is hell.

~General William Tecumseh Sherman