UK sailors captured at gunpoint

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: UK sailors captured at gunpoint

davemaxi1970 said:
.... I hated Margaret Thatcher but I wonder if The Iranians would be so bold if she were still in power? Blair is to soft I fear.

To hate the one person who had the hutzpah to stand up and protect their country, and we hate them?

Hmmmm, where have I heard that kind of logic before?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Here we go.

OldMercsRule

Captain

davemaxi1970 said:
my apology for not writing the perfect post I am a little heat up over the kidnapping and obvious coercion of our troops to use as propoganda tools .I meant to say the U.S. Has not released a statement to 100% back up our stance that we were not in iranian waters and instead stopped short. Of course if the time came I am sure the US would help us if we asked and I am also sure the american people would support us too. I just dont trust Bush and never have . I hated Margaret Thatcher but I wonder if The Iranians would be so bold if she were still in power? Blair is to soft I fear . I would never insult my american cousins i kinda like you guys ,hence the reason I spend my spare time on this site!

[colour=blue]Ya may wish to retink yer politics Dave. Sir Winston Churchill, (THE GREAT ONE), Maggie Thatcher, Ronald Reagan, n' George W Bush have one thing in common. They are all HATED by LIBERALS then and now. They also would spend their scarce political capital to protect their citizens. Sir Winston, (BY FAR THE GREATEST MAN TO BREATH AIR in the last 100 years) was turned out of office by the ungratefull British people, Ronald Reagan was hounded by many of the same bunch after GW Bush today. Liberals Hate to stand up to aggression. If Blair asked I bet GW BUSH would vaporize Tehran with conventional weapons or something similar after a tearse deadline to return your sailors. The bonus is that you could cheer our Liberals as they impeached him and drummed him out of office, (prison is their preference BTW). The soft n' fuzzy ones you luv will bring Islamic dominance to your Country, so pick up some prayer mats and get ready to do the deal five times a day. America will not likely follow as their are enough who think like me over here, (we are in the minority: however). Respectfully, JR[/colour]

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

I was rong, at the outset of this situation I said that our sailors would be home within 1 week.

Durring the past 10 days there have been a few things that have realy pi$$ed me off.

The UN. I have never realy had much regard for this body but thier failure to back the UK fully in this matter has made my blood boil, these sailors were in the Gulf doing a UN job and thier boss can't stand by them.

Liberal MP's. We have had a number of our MP's from the liberal camp saying that we should just say sorry to the Iranians, it dosn't matter weather we were in Iraqi waters at the time doing nothing wrong.

Tony Blair. What a gutless prat, has anyone told him that not many Iranians get to vote in the UK, you would have thought that he was depending on the Iranian vote for the next election the way he is ***** footing around. As Dave has already pointed out things would have been a little differant if Mrs T was still around.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Can we have some specific plans for what we should do with Iran remembering the size and content of the UK armed forces? Can you also try and second guess the ramifications on a) the 15 and b) the region as a whole.

It would be nice to have a plan once the bombings started. not like iraq where mistakenly we thought we would be showered in thanks not IED's.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have zero doubt that the UK and US have detailed plans for cooperative military action against Iran should it become necessary.

The question is, "How do we know when it is necessary?"

waterinthefuel

Commander

JB said:
I have zero doubt that the UK and US have detailed plans for cooperative military action against Iran should it become necessary.

By golly JB, that would be easy to figure out. Just wait until the democrats say that we should go in militarily.

'Nuff said.

RPJS, I don't want to say told ya so, but sorry man, I can't help it.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

No need to be sorry, I'm obviously living in the passed, I can remember the time when any country who messed with the UK got thier butts kicked, a time when other countries respected us as a country who looked after our own and didn't take any sh1t from anyone (not that long ago either). It's time for me to face facts, the liberal government we have had for the past 13yrs have managed to turn this country into somthing that hangs onto the coat tails of the USA and jumps only when told.

QC

Supreme Mariner

The sad thing is the UK has a chance to make a huge statement here. I still think they should say whatever they need to to get the 15 back and then hit them really hard and I really hope we help. This is no different than negotiating with terrorists. Everyday that goes by emboldens them. As is they are encouraged to take more risks, not less . . .

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

JB said:

We know it is necesary when our soldiers are kidnapped.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

RPJS said:

No need to be sorry, I'm obviously living in the passed, I can remember the time when any country who messed with the UK got thier butts kicked, a time when other countries respected us as a country who looked after our own and didn't take any sh1t from anyone (not that long ago either). It's time for me to face facts, the liberal government we have had for the past 13yrs have managed to turn this country into somthing that hangs onto the coat tails of the USA and jumps only when told.

what he said

OldMercsRule

Captain

QC said:
The sad thing is the UK has a chance to make a huge statement here. I still think they should say whatever they need to to get the 15 back and then hit them really hard and I really hope we help. This is no different than negotiating with terrorists. Everyday that goes by emboldens them. As is they are encouraged to take more risks, not less . . .

[colour=blue]QC, The radical Islamic enemy of all of us wants you and the media to focus on the 15 sailors, as every one is now doing. They kidnaped them from Iraqi territorial waters against international law for a reason, now they have students harrasing the Brit Embasy (deja vu 1979), their oil income has increased dramatically from their actions, the UN is frozen like a deer in the headlights, and the distraction gets them closer to nuclear weapons. They are parading them, (the hostages), in front of cameras against International law. So far: a great victory for Iran and Liberals world wide. Sure: negotiate with them from a position of profound weakness, :} kiss them, :} let them show the world how to beat the West. :} They flaunt laws and norms and win. President Jimmy Carter set up this reward system in 1979. Tehran has existed for 28 years too long, IMHO. If someone has the hair to stand up and give a very terse deadline and stick to it: the world will be safer. If the Persians are rewarded everytime they strike us or our allies at the times and locations of their choosing, the world will get much more bad behavior, IMHO. JR[/colour]

waterinthefuel

Commander

Hey OMR, don't you find it interesting that the democrats are hellbent on setting a deadline to get troops out of Iraq, but not to get British soldiers out of Iran?

A point to ponder.

Skinnywater

Commander

cmyers_uk said:
Can we have some specific plans for what we should do with Iran remembering the size and content of the UK armed forces? Can you also try and second guess the ramifications on a) the 15 and b) the region as a whole.

It would be nice to have a plan once the bombings started. not like iraq where mistakenly we thought we would be showered in thanks not IED's.

'Nukes aren't needed here and negotiating with Pirates is not practical.
The US and England should pull out of the UN immediately and put a complete naval blockaid on Iran.

Anything short of complete apology and return of the hostages should resort to a sinking of the Iranian Navy.
Any naval personel belonging to Iraq should be held for a prisoner exchange.

After the exchange takes place the blockaid should remain in place until the Iranians give up all nuclear programs.

The ball should have been put back into thier court 5 days ago.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

It looks like the last remaining bits of the british pair have shrivelled up and blown away. Now they are chastising Bush for referring to the sailors as hostages.

oddjob

Commander

I guess we cant help until we English agree on the langauge of English. I myself would call them hostages.

QC

Supreme Mariner

RubberFrog said:
Now they are chastising Bush for referring to the sailors as hostages.
Are you flippin' kidding me? I am guessing no, as April Fools was yesterday . . . Anybody got a link? I am too lazy to look for myself. If they aren't hostages, what the flip are they? Guests? POWs . . . No, that can't be right? I guess they could call them Detainees . . . :} Let's see here, is it true that Iran has made demands for their release . . . ? Hmmmmm . . . :}

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"So far: a great victory for Iran and Liberals world wide."

OMR, what a bunch of BS. Explain how any one liberal benefits from hostages being paraded in front of cameras. The only ones who benefit from this are conservatives looking to go to war at the drop of a hat. Now they have an excuse, they are simply getting their ducks in a row, and you are screaming because you want war, and you want it now.

Are you forgetting, your boy has ultimate power, he simply needs to make the call. Amazing how so much has gone wrong over the past half dozen years, and the "libs" are responsible for all of it.

BTW, in the event you have forgotten, the libs have been without any power for all but a couple months during that time.

"If someone has the hair to stand up and give a very terse deadline and stick to it: the world will be safer. If the Persians are rewarded everytime they strike us or our allies at the times and locations of their choosing, the world will get much more bad behavior, IMHO. JR "

If "someone"? Why do you refer to W as "someone?" If you were referring to a democrat Prez, bet you would not be calling them "someone."

"Deadline?" Hmmmmm, sounds so familiar now, does it not? I guess deadlines are ok, so long as you are making them. No hypocrisy there....... I guess.

Typical trigger happy, irrational, chest pounding, blow them up, intelligence changing, screw things up an then point fingers, hypocrite conservative. Hey, I kind of like making all those generalizations. Now I understand why you and others constantly do it.

OldMercsRule

Captain

waterinthefuel said:
Hey OMR, don't you find it interesting that the democrats are hellbent on setting a deadline to get troops out of Iraq, but not to get British soldiers out of Iran?

A point to ponder.

[colour=blue]Ya know WITF, I don't find it surprizing at all, but it is in fact VERY INTERESTING TO THOSE WHO "PONDER" n' use critical thinkin' skills like you obviously do. I may only have one brain cell but I try to be aware of current events, history, the 'approved conduct', (by the American voters), of our "statesmen", (term used very loosly here), from both major domestic political parties. If a dim witted hick from Seattle with only one brain cell can figure these things out, our enemies: Persians, (the Theocrats in leadership n' their supporters), OBL, many of the Saracens, Syrians, North Koreans, Some of the ChiComs, (the ones representative of the old hard line Commies), some of the Russians, (again: the old hardliners), much of the world's MSM, n' most of the world's non American Liberals SURE CAN. Since the late 1960s my generation of Americans, (the baby boomers), combined with the Liberals from the previous "Greatest Generation" have encouraged their politicians, (mostly in the Democrat party), to have openly anti American policies, and have rewarded them accordingly. The 'honorable' Senator John F Kerry is a GREAT example of what I'm talking about here. He had a brief very contravercial carreer in the military, and those who actually served with him, (both Democrats and Republicans), found him to be very selfish and self serving, (as are many in his generation), and his very short service in Vietnam to be greatly exagerated. He obviously recited BLATENT FALSE SOVIET PROPAGANDA under oath to the Senate in the early 1970s and traveled to Paris to collaberate with our enemies, (against the military code of conduct), (similar to Nancy Pelosi who now passes a surender funding bill that will be vetoed, and travels to our enemy Syria against the wishes of the President to collaberate). John F Kerry has been rewarded beyond anyone's expectations. He is elected repeatedly to increasingly important Democratic offices to pull the most votes in history of any Democrat in 2004. We are in real trouble here: folks. What many clear thinkers would call treason is rewarded by a large segment of the population. He is not alone. An impeached Federal Judge, (for bribary) is elected repeatedly and elevated to positions of power Dem Hastings. A disgraced Democrat Jefferson is re-elected and serves in a Democrat congress. Dem Senator Kennedy kills a women and remains in power: proud of his crime. Dem Rep Barney Frank can run gay prostitution from his home and still win landslides. Dem 'Bagdad' Jim McDermott is allowed to flaunt wire tap laws and praise our enemies in their capital during a time of War and win landslides here at home. Perjury by the President is fine: if you are Democrat, (Bill Clinton is very popular). Only Republicans are expected to have penalties for perjury. The modern Democrats are for anti American policies, (at least they elect leaders that work very closely with our enemies without ANY Democrat voter blowback). They, (THE DEMOCRATS) force the poor blacks, and whites to go to the public schools that do not teach history or critical thinkin' to our children, (they do teach acceptance of homosexuality you will be relieved to know). Why? Me thinks: to remain in power, (VERY SIMPLE: MY DEAR WATSON). If ya think at all it would be hard to remain a modern Democrat, (unless ya hate our Country, don't know history, or just flat don't pay attention). There are some examples of terrible Republicans getting elected: Chuck Hagel comes to mind. At least Mr Hagel is not a criminal, and has credentials as a Vet. Our Great Country is likely going to take a severe whipping by our enemies, (with a lot of help from the enemies within). Hard to say how it will play out in the future. I bet we wake up in time to save ourselves. That all said: our fellow Americans who support those Democrats in power must act, if they don't: we are in big trouble, IMHO. JR[/colour]

OldMercsRule

Captain

CJY said:
"So far: a great victory for Iran and Liberals world wide."

OMR, what a bunch of BS. Explain how any one liberal benefits from hostages being paraded in front of cameras.

[colour=blue]Simple, REAL SIMPLE: CJY! (Simple if ya can think, [critically] anyway). It is embarrasing for Mr. Blair, who in case ya weren't payin' attention: supported Mr. Bush as one of our BEST ALLIES. Our Brit partners are already blaming America just read the posts here: CJY. You can read: I trust. The Iranian actions, and Pelosi's actions collaberating with Syria undercut President Bush at a time of WAR: CJY. Understand that simple li'l corncept: CJY?[/colour]

The only ones who benefit from this are conservatives looking to go to war at the drop of a hat. Now they have an excuse, they are simply getting their ducks in a row, and you are screaming because you want war, and you want it now.

[colour=blue]No CJY I don't want war. I studied history and know that Neville Chamberlain's policies lead to WAR; Sir Winston's
lead to durable peace. READ MY WORDS CJY; NOT MY MIND.[/colour]

Are you forgetting, your boy has ultimate power, he simply needs to make the call. Amazing how so much has gone wrong over the past half dozen years, and the "libs" are responsible for all of it.

[colour=blue]The Liberals work closely with our enemies CJY. The enemies are the reason things have not been easy: not President Bush. [/colour]

BTW, in the event you have forgotten, the libs have been without any power for all but a couple months during that time.

[colour=blue]Without POWER? Hmmmmm you got some of Rolmops' smoke? Ever heard of the MSM? Without POWER! I want some smoke so I can understand irrational people like you: CJY![/colour]

"If someone has the hair to stand up and give a very terse deadline and stick to it: the world will be safer. If the Persians are rewarded everytime they strike us or our allies at the times and locations of their choosing, the world will get much more bad behavior, IMHO. JR "

If "someone"? Why do you refer to W as "someone?" If you were referring to a democrat Prez, bet you would not be calling them "someone."

[colour=blue]Read my words not my mind. I am a patriotic American, I support Our President regardless of Party CJY. [/colour]

"Deadline?" Hmmmmm, sounds so familiar now, does it not? I guess deadlines are ok, so long as you are making them. No hypocrisy there....... I guess.

Typical trigger happy, irrational, chest pounding, blow them up, intelligence changing, screw things up an then point fingers, hypocrite conservative. Hey, I kind of like making all those generalizations. Now I understand why you and others constantly do it.

[colour=blue]I think you are a clown: CJY. A hyper sensative one at that.[/colour]:}:}:}:} JR