OK, If you must, Auction link

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: OK, If you must, Auction link

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> 'Dude, did you do all that work crawling around on a creeper, or do ya have a lift yet? Bumpers and A-arms off the car. That isn't any fun with a car sitting on jackstand and you slidin around on the floor.
Whats a lift???? :eek: <br /><br />Didnt remove the A arms, just scraped them and painted. The links and tie rods were removed though.<br /><br />Its "D" day!!<br /><br />It has to get at least one more bid, I think the High bidder is backing out now, so if i dont get at least one more, It will not sell. :mad: I do beleive it will though, but not probably untill this evening.<br /><br />There was one that just ended yesterday that I thought to be a pretty desirable car, it was even a four speed and had a 12 bolt rear end. Never even reached the reserve. It stopped at $6,000.00.

ndemge

Commander

If it had a diesel engine it would be better :p

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

'Dude, a lift=rack=hoist, you know, one of those up and down thingies that keep you from wallowing around on the floor. Lets you stand upright, like the Good Lord made us, whilst you work on the underside of your car. :D <br /><br />BTW, how is it that someone can 'back out' of the deal, after placing a bid??

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> <br />BTW, how is it that someone can 'back out' of the deal, after placing a bid??
Hey, you dont have there money and you cant really go after them easily, so if they give you some hair brained excuse like financing or something, you pretty much dont have much to say about it. He actually hasnt completly backed out or he would have retracted his bid by now, maybe he is waiting to do that tell the end.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Well if he does back out, hammer him good in the feedback. I don't know if that is grounds for excommunication from ebay?

ndemge

Commander

You dont' get to leave feedback for poeple who retract bids. BUT, ebay has added bid retractions to people's feedback page, so if you are a regular retractor, people can see that and refuse your bid.

one more cast

Captain

$7200 now. How many watchers on it...course a lot of us iboaters are watching.

ndemge

Commander

5200 page views... sure that's nothin to do with this place :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Looks better, LubeDude! Got that other yo-yo off the hook.<br /><br />I just got a steal off of ebay. Won a laser printer tray for $17.50 shipped. I've been watching these things go from $35.00 shipped to as high as $97.00 shipped.<br /><br /> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6741385295&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT <br /><br /> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6740725820&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT <br /><br />I hope this was a good omen for ya Lube!

LubeDude

Admiral

Yes, I took a deep breath when I saw it had gone to $7,200.00, I still feel it should go over $8,000.00, we will see.<br /><br />Aint this fun? But you all arnt the ones sweatin bullets! Actually Im happy with where it is, so anything more is just gravy!<br /><br />This thing is getting around 500 hits a day and it is still happening, (actually about 100 hits an hour now), I would be worried if the hits were slowing down, but they are not. That just shows me that there are lots of followers here towards the end. Should get interesting after 7 PM.

one more cast

Captain

I know lots of people looked at it. What I was asking is how many people have it on their watch list. It tells on your (My eBay) page.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> how many people have it on their watch list. It tells on your (My eBay) page.
How about 110!<br /><br />Thanks, I didnt even know about that feature.<br />Wow, been doing this for several years and never noticed that. :eek:

Triton II

Commander

So how much did it go for? Or is it still going? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but there's afair bit of time difference! Here right now it's 1050 am Thursday 10 Feb. Realgun, please re-ask the question, I'm not sure what you are asking?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Triton, it's at $7200 US, with 2.5 hours to go. This is usually the time that popular things start to popping.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> $7200 now. How many watchers on it...course a lot of us iboaters are watching.
Naw we wouldn't peek a time or two ;) <br />Luck to ya LD. As you said a couple days ago the real bidding is in the last few minutes.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Alright... how much would it take for you to end the auction now?? :D :D :D <br />Just kidding.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Hey LD, one of the bidders bid 3 times in a row, against himself. Whats that all about?<br /><br />I'm ebay illiterate, what can I say.<br /><br />Aldo

sangerwaker

Commander

He was probably trying to figure out where the reserrve was set. Notice bids 2 and 3 were within 30 seconds of each other.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Aldo, he was chasing the bidder listed above his last bid and at the same time trying to find the reserve price. Notice how the bidder above his string actually placed his bid earlier than his last two bids. <br /><br />This is how it works: I list an item with a starting price of $5000.00. You may be willing to pay $6600.00 for my item so you place a bid in that amount but it will only show that you accepted the opening amount.<br /><br />Now Lubedude comes along and places a bid for $5200.00. (he has to bid in minimum $100.00 increments) You have already bid $6600. but he does not know it. Lubedude will get an instant message that he has been outbid and the new bid price will show at the minimum bid increment over LubeDudes bid. That would be 5300. And so it goes until someone outbids you at $6700.00 or more.<br /><br />It's called proxy bidding. Now if no one bid after your $6600.00, you would win the auction for the starting bid price of $5K.<br /><br />Got it?